Why does Bernie tip-toe around Hillary's stronghold, the poor Black vote?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Maybe I missed it but I haven't read or heard Sanders mention anything about what he would do to help poor Black people. He seems to be sincere about wanting to help the underprivileged and if he wants to be elected he has to grab a chunk of the Black vote. Why does he sidestep this issue? Is he afraid of Hillary?

Maybe I missed it but I haven't read or heard Sanders mention anything about what he would do to help poor Black people. He seems to be sincere about wanting to help the underprivileged and if he wants to be elected he has to grab a chunk of the Black vote. Why does he sidestep this issue? Is he afraid of Hillary?

He's not sidestepping the issue. Check his record, check his platform, check his statements.

He's not sidestepping the issue. Check his record, check his platform, check his statements.
Ok fair enough but I'm saying as a campaign strategy it would seem to be important for Sanders to convince poor Blacks that he has more to offer.

Black Lives Matter have created a narrative that Bernie Sanders is against blacks.

I'd agree. This is actually something he's been very solid on for many, many years.

Why he can't get that message through I dunno.

Well, we aren't hearing much about it in New Hampshire. Expect that to change by South Carolina.

Black Lives Matter have created a narrative that Bernie Sanders is against blacks.

"Had," past tense. That was last fall's narrative. A lot has happened since, including endorsements by numerous black leaders including:

Sanders endorsed by Black Lives Matter activist

and:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/politics/bernie-sanders-ben-jealous-endorsement-naacp/

He's been endorsed by rappers such as Killer Mike and Scarface who have a strong influence among young black people.

The other thing is that black Millennials have been taken back to school regarding Sanders' involvement in the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s.

He doesn't flaunt it. He doesn't have to.

Because he has yet to campaign in the South.

Expect numbers to change as he begins to campaign in SC. Its starrust that keeps the strong support with Hillary among minorities.

It has a tendency to wash away when some one new propose a better option.

Personally, I think he should have some commercials running in SC an NV during this week.

Forum List

Back