why do we hate fat girls?

I'm all for freedom of speech, and dark comedy, and the right to be politically incorrect. I love off-color jokes and racial humor and jokes about Nazis and dead babies. But here's the thing: "Scumbag Fat Girl. Is. Not. Funny".
Many participants here agree this point of view.
The message this is sending is that fat girls need to understand that by existing, they are a problem. The entire meme is based around teaching fat girls "their place."
Why should we stop telling fat people its not healthy to be fat? Do we stop telling smokers its not good to smoke?

Do you ever hear someone talk about how happy they are after they lose weight? They always admit they weren't really happy but when they are fat they swear they are happy.

I see fat women with normal men all the time. If their husbands love them that's all that matters. But if you're single fat and lonely you might want to go to the gym and put down the yoo hoo.

I'm all for freedom of speech, and dark comedy, and the right to be politically incorrect. I love off-color jokes and racial humor and jokes about Nazis and dead babies. But here's the thing: "Scumbag Fat Girl. Is. Not. Funny".
The message this is sending is that fat girls need to understand that by existing, they are a problem. The entire meme is based around teaching fat girls "their place."
You love making fun of just about everyone else, but making fun of fat girls is wrong? Hmmmm....you are probably a fat girl.
Look, 'fat acceptance' is wrong: it encourages people, male or female, to ignore their weight problems. Being very overweight or obese is a health PROBLEM. It is a problem and should not be accepted as okay. It is not okay to be very overweight or obese, whether you are male or female. Does it affect someones self esteem? Yes, sadly it is hurtful. But if it's okay for you to make racial jokes, something a person is not responsible for and cannot change, or other kinds of rude insensitive jokes about others, it is okay for you to make jokes or for others to make jokes about people being fat. Otherwise you are just a hypocrite.

People can change being seriously overweight. It is a problem, most essentially a lifestyle issue. It should not be accepted as okay. (I am not referring to people looking like models or movie stars but to the issue of a reasonable, healthy weight.)

Last edited:

Some overweight women have great voices and can out sing anyone.

Some overweight women have much better personalities than skinner women.

Some overweight women are more reliable than skinnier women, and are act more like adults and have much better responsibility.

One overweight woman in most places.......is much more advantageous than 20 women of much less weight.

Now, the social and confidence problems for overweight women are not so good.

Some obese men are women are predisposed.....it is a fact of life, that no matter how hard they try diet and exercise do them no good in attempting to loose weight.

Don't make fun or laugh at someone, they be the ones whom......drag you out of a burning vehicle, give you a ride on a rainy day, help you make that deadline for work, offer information and assistance, give you a great tip and savings information for the vacation you discuss, make your life easier......or harder at work.

Walk a mile in the other persons shoes.......see if it was hard or easy.

Shadow 355
If they (overweight men and women) walked a mile to two every day, they wouldn't be overweight.

People are not supposed to be fat. We are supposed to be more on the thin size. For every pound overweight you are, your heart has to work that much harder which puts stress on your heart and, in turn, that makes it more difficult to breathe, etc. Being overweight is just as unhealthy as smoking or drinking too much.

It is a health issue, but that doesn't mean people should get to berate and make fun of you for being overweight. I agree its a lifestyle change. And its a hard one. Someone who is 300 lbs needs to break down physical AND mental barriers. I weighed 265. I got there by making bad food choices and not really caring. I went thru some emotional stuff and food was my comfort. I didn't sit on the couch all day but I didn't go to the gym either. I had sleep apnea (due to being overweight) so I was exhausted during the day from lack of good sleep, plus I have a thyroid disease. No excuses for making bad food choices but it is what it is. I was exhausted all the time and obese. When I did try to exercise, my joints hurt from the weight. Not everyone who is fat wants to BE fat. We just don't know how to get out of the rut we are in. It takes counseling and nutritionists and time.

When you are perfect THEN you have the right to speak. Until then, work on yourself.

Everyone has the Right to Speak.

Scumbag Fat Girl is a just a twist on the Scumbag Steve meme.

Fat Girls sweat in Winter and smell like rotten mayonnaise and/or cheese. That's why I don't like 'em.

3qcshy.jpg

Some overweight women are more reliable than skinnier women, and are act more like adults and have much better responsibility.

One overweight woman in most places.......is much more advantageous than 20 women of much less weight.

Some obese men are women are predisposed.....it is a fact of life, that no matter how hard they try diet and exercise do them no good in attempting to loose weight.

Don't make fun or laugh at someone, they be the ones whom......drag you out of a burning vehicle, give you a ride on a rainy day, help you make that deadline for work, offer information and assistance, give you a great tip and savings information for the vacation you discuss, make your life easier......or harder at work.

Shadow 355
If they (overweight men and women) walked a mile to two every day, they wouldn't be overweight.

Why you got to be so fucking nasty?

Shadow 355

Why you got to be so fucking nasty?
Are you serious? Saying that if you have a weight problem walking one or two miles a day will help, maybe even eliminate it, is mean? Seriously? Walking at an average pace for one mile takes 20 minutes. I'm suggesting someone with a weight problem walk for 20 to 40 minutes a day and I'm nasty? Go talk to a doctor,who will recommend the same, or even to walk an hour a day. Is the doctor being nasty? Or is the doctor suggesting the person do something to improve their health?

If you think suggesting an overweight person walk a couple miles a day is 'nasty,' then you are a fool. It is not okay to be highly overweight or obese: it is a health problem. Fat acceptance is not okay. As has been said above, we should not accept obesity as okay any more than we accept alcoholism, drug addiction or smoking as okay. They are all serious health problems.

I am not an expert on this subject but...

if those fat girls have a beautiful face

they can get away with it

...only my opinion

but they have to be really very beautiful...otherwise it doesnt work...

again dont really know ..I am slim.

only if the face is really beautiful

only in that very special case....

Forum List

Back