Why do Trump & DeSantis hate ev's?

Is that English?

No one is stopping anyone from selling or buying EV's. The issue is being forced to buy nothing else, and that's all on Dems.
Your mother tongue: petroleum is a finite resource that will be (mostly) replaced by EVs. The dems are only partial players, a party that has traditionally used compromise.

Most likely a thinkers assessment .
Proving small ev transport in three dimension is actually happening every day in Wisconsin, though thinking does help. This winter will be solar recharging while in transit, something happening (mostly) behind the back of the petroleum pimp.

I don't have anything against vehicles run by electricity if they work.

Lithium-Ion electricity storage batteries are terrible technology for a vehicle. They are fine for small hand held tools and marginally OK for small vehicle like a golf cart but the technology sucks for larger vehicles.

They are also a environmental disaster to produce and dispose of. They don't generate any electricity at all. Just inefficiently store power generated elsewhere. They are expensive and hard to recharge. They have limited mileage and are expensive to replace.

They may be an Environmental Wacko's wet dream but they suck in real life. Most of the people that bought one of the L-I vehicles within the last few years regret it already. That is why EV sales are dropping.

I am not anti EVs, just anti L-I EV

We need to come up with something much better for EVs to be viable. Until we do Hybrids are a much better option for commuter vehicles and we need to stick with ICE for hard use work vehicles.

We need to come up with something much better for EVs to be viable. Until we do Hybrids are a much better option for commuter vehicles and we need to stick with ICE for hard use work vehicles.
It will be quite some time before EVs meaningfully replace ICE in anything other than cars and light-duty trucks used as cars.

Lithium-Ion electricity storage batteries are terrible technology for a vehicle. They are fine for small hand held tools and marginally OK for small vehicle like a golf cart but the technology sucks for larger vehicles.

They are also a environmental disaster to produce and dispose of. They don't generate any electricity at all. Just inefficiently store power generated elsewhere. They are expensive and hard to recharge. They have limited mileage and are expensive to replace.

They may be an Environmental Wacko's wet dream but they suck in real life. Most of the people that bought one of the L-I vehicles within the last few years regret it already. That is why EV sales are dropping.

You're caught in a technological transition for the coming improvements in recycling, battery design, and safety. Hybrids are the current mediator, though the fossil fuel runs out sooner or later, and with it the odor of it politics.

You're caught in a technological transition for the coming improvements in recycling, battery design, and safety. Hybrids are the current mediator, though the fossil fuel runs out sooner or later, and with it the odor of it politics.
Solid State battery technology shows good promise and Toyota is working on it very hard but there are some significant engineering problems that need to be resolved.

The rush to buy L-I vehicles that was pushed by the Environmental Wackos was a very stupid thing to happen.

ICE is a finite technology. It has to end.
There are enough oil reserves in the world to last for another 200 years at current consumption rates.

ICE doesn't have to end now. We don't have to be in a rush to put some half ass technology on the road like these stupid inefficient L-I vehicles.

Hybrids are a good transition for many vehicles until we can engineer something that really works.

I believe hybrids are a proven tech, where full EVs are not. Batteries on wheels have many points of failure (weather, voltage changes, heavier vehicles), and while the kinks are being sorted out, I don't think they are ready for prime time for anyone not located near a major city.

I'm not even going to mention E/Vs for non commercial heavy duty use. Tow ratings might be good on these EV pickups, but twice the consumption at full weight means half the range. No thanks.

Because it's all about the money. They rake in gazillions from fossil fuel companies so they have to toe the line and oppose anything those companies oppose.

They could care less about what's best for the American people. And that's bigly!!!
You think EV's are "what's best" for the the citizens United States?

Let us know when they develop an E.V. that can fly.
Or one that can be used as a real work vehicle. Or one that you can take a trip in and not have to worry about getting it charged up. Or one that doesn't cost at least $10-20 grand more than its ICE's equivalent.

I'm not sold on evs yet, but the ICE could be made more efficient and oil companies oppose that. I don't trust big oil to do the right thing....ever.

Forum List

Back