Why Do Republicans Feel Compelled To Say "We're The Party of Lincoln?"

What is it, exactly, are they trying to say, or communicate when they spout that line?

I'd love to have the self-professed Republicans, Conservatives and other assorted Rightwingers of USMB weigh in on this.

Proceed...
/---/ We freed your people from the democRAT slaveholders and preserved the nation.

And LBJ enslaved them again..

"Enslaved them again"? Really? LBJ is the one that passed the Equal Rights Act and the Equal Voter Act.

That is the reason that the Afro Americans vote overwhelmingly Democrat. Dems gave them equal rights and the right to vote.

A bi-partisan Congress passed both of those with wide margins.

LBJ was just the piece of shit that took the credit.

Who brought it up today?
Someone brings it up every day in the media.

I typically see it brandished when some Republican is in hot soup over some obvious racist comment and another Republican is on the media playing apologetics for them.

That's the only time I see it used.

And you claim that happens every day? You think you might want to reconsider that answer?

What is it, exactly, are they trying to say, or communicate when they spout that line?

I'd love to have the self-professed Republicans, Conservatives and other assorted Rightwingers of USMB weigh in on this.

Proceed...

Because we are the party that respects individual freedom. Dems still favor human trafficking today, look how they support trafficking illegals through our borders.

Proceed...
/---/ We freed your people from the democRAT slaveholders and preserved the nation.

"Enslaved them again"? Really? LBJ is the one that passed the Equal Rights Act and the Equal Voter Act.

That is the reason that the Afro Americans vote overwhelmingly Democrat. Dems gave them equal rights and the right to vote.
/——/ democRATs filibustered the CRA and VRA - Republic got it passed.

Nope. I am pushing back against the false narratives being spewed by the Left. The Identity Politics which the Left has promoted for decades is destroying our country, so I will call shenanigans whenever I see it.
What's "identity politics?"

Rightwingers are always using these made-up terms.

Can you define it please?

It's the tribalism of pitting people against each other based on aspects of their DNA. This is the opposite of the founding values of the U.S. which put an ideology of liberty and inalienable individual rights above tribal affiliations.

The ideological switch is a bogus myth you prog loons promote to deflect attention from your own racism and racist past.
Lol then why does the KKK embrace the Republican Party and the Democratic Party rejects them?

The KKK is an eensy beensy historical artifact. There are more members of the Jedi Religion in the U.S. than there are KKK members.

There are orders of magnitude more Racist Dems in the U.S. than there are fringe KKKers.
The KKK was at its peak around the 1920s, perhaps 20 percent of white male population was in KKK at the time.
But more relevant today: A 'New York Times' article reported exit poll data revealed one in five Trump supporters opposed the Emancipation Proclamation; February 2016 poll data indicated 38 percent "of Trump voters say they wish the South had won the Civil War" in specific Southern polling results; 2014 polling done before Trump's campaign took off demonstrated surprisingly similar responses.

But, as they pointed out, this sentiment existed before Trump.

I'd like to see how those questions are worded.
According public policy polling, it says 38% of Trump voters say they wish the South had won the Civil War. Which I would assume they just asked, "do you wish the south had won the civil war?"

That is a crock of shit.

Proceed...
It means that they are the soldiers in mindset these days (looking back now), that rode into places like Gettysburg etc to fight the Demon-crats who wanted slavery to continue.

They reside everywhere now, because after the war the government occupied the south by keeping U.S. military installations all over the south in which was conquered by the U.S. military in blue back then, and this over the grey.

The blacks thinking that the south is still the seggragated prejudice south is just hilarious. The mixture of Americans United are everywhere today. Sure there will always be racist everywhere in America, but they aren't defined specifically by party, area, community or group these days.

You can only identify them by their characters, and by their speak and/or actions they take. They are not identified by state or community these days also. Thought you knew this by now.

Trying to keep the south as this racist area of the country still or trying to label republicans as these old time racist Demon-crats uh is just hilarious and laughable really.

So here we have people like the OP attempting to make us all dumb here, but it ain't happening... LOL

Quit making the south your Boogeyman or the republicans the same, and just join the union with all Americans no matter where they live in the country now, and start rebuking racism no matter where it exist in the country.

And Willy was a womanizer by the way .
Two years tops......away from being a kid toucher with a cigar....yuck!

Dude . Monica was 22.

And trumpers complaining about Willy? Glass houses....

And Clinton got serviced for free. Trump had to pay $130 k for stormy. Guess we know which president had more brains.
Free?...really?....it cost him his lawyers license and ruined his reputation forever....

Marc, you don't want a discussion on the subject title of your thread. You just want a bully pulpit to call republicans and conservatives racists.
You're a sad person.
What would you like to discuss sir?

I'm all ears.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I wonder why all these republicans want to save all the confederate (aka democrat ) memorials!?
I know...right? All these MODERN day RepubliCONS are saving, relishing and defending the so-called racist olden day Democrats by holding on to all these CONFEDERATE relics.

They don't even know how to pretend right.

db2.JPG

Probably for the same reason they claim to be the party of fiscal responsibility while jacking up the deficit with tax cuts for corporations.

Or they claim to be the party of family values while being lead by Mr. "Grab them by the Pussy'.

Or why they claim to be the party of the military when Trump can't be bothered to go to Arlington on Veteran's day because he's on the phone. Or can't honor our WW1 war dead because his spray tan might run in the rain. Or made a call to the troops from his country club estate to complain about how bad he's being treated.

Or why they claim to be the party of religious liberty....while voting in hijab bans.

Its just the empty, nonsensical shit that conservatives say. They know they're full of shit. We know they're full of shit. They know we know they're full of shit.
That seems to be the long and short of it.

Possibly because they are a inclusive party that recognizes success and prosperity are proportionate to individual effort.

Huh. Then why do they keep electing presidents that were born filthy rich and lived a life of privledge....while disdaining self made men like Obama and Clinton?

For all the empty lip service to 'individual effort', conservatives worship wealth. Like a god. And they equate wealth with virtue. And poverty with the lack of virtue. Pretty much the *exact opposite* of what Christianity tells them.

Giving you a lovely window into who their real god is.

Proceed...

/——/ democRATs filibustered the CRA and VRA - Republic got it passed.

And that's why todays republican party is passing voter suppression legislation.

One should never forget the past, monuments stand as a reminder, good or bad, from once we came.
If that's really the case, then why do you and your fellow bitch-ass Republicans always get your panties tied up in knots anytime someone talks about the horrors and atrocities of American slavery and Jim Crow?

Hmmmm...?!?!???

Last edited:
divide and conquer
It's a tactic from the left
What are you and/or the people you support doing to bring Republican Americans together with Democratic American sir? I'm dying to know.

• Thanks
Why was this thread moved ? Oh yeah, cause it exposes conservatives. So it must be banished !
Basically.

I didn't even notice until just now.

It's really a political issue, referring to how politics are played in the media.

However, I guess anything, at all, that touches race, MUST be considered black v white.

Alas, this is America.

And you claim that happens every day? You think you might want to reconsider that answer?

Some Republican is always in hot soup with other Republicans running around the media trying to make up bogus excuses to maintain their support of them.

So no, I won't reconsider my answer.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back