Why Do Republicans Feel Compelled To Say "We're The Party of Lincoln?"

It's the tribalism of pitting people against each other based on aspects of their DNA. This is the opposite of the founding values of the U.S. which put an ideology of liberty and inalienable individual rights above tribal affiliations.
Do you consider pitting people against each other based on aspects of their ideology to be "identity politics" as well, or no?

And you claim that happens every day? You think you might want to reconsider that answer?

Some Republican is always in hot soup with other Republicans running around the media trying to make up bogus excuses to maintain their support of them.

So no, I won't reconsider my answer.

So tell the class, who outside this thread, that we would recognize, invoked it TODAY? While you're at it, give us examples for the last couple of days, wouldn't want to overtax your little race baiting pea brain.

It means that they are the soldiers in mindset these days (looking back now), that rode into places like Gettysburg etc to fight the Demon-crats who wanted slavery to continue.

They reside everywhere now, because after the war the government occupied the south by keeping U.S. military installations all over the south in which was conquered by the U.S. military in blue back then, and this over the grey.

The blacks thinking that the south is still the seggragated prejudice south is just hilarious. The mixture of Americans United are everywhere today. Sure there will always be racist everywhere in America, but they aren't defined specifically by party, area, community or group these days.

You can only identify them by their characters, and by their speak and/or actions they take. They are not identified by state or community these days also. Thought you knew this by now.

Trying to keep the south as this racist area of the country still or trying to label republicans as these old time racist Demon-crats uh is just hilarious and laughable really.

So here we have people like the OP attempting to make us all dumb here, but it ain't happening... LOL

Quit making the south your Boogeyman or the republicans the same, and just join the union with all Americans no matter where they live in the country now, and start rebuking racism no matter where it exist in the country.
So can you explain what would possess Mrs. Hyde to reference being too glad to attend a public hanging for no reason at all?

So tell the class, who outside this thread, that we would recognize, invoked it TODAY? While you're at it, give us examples for the last couple of days, wouldn't want to overtax your little race baiting pea brain.

Pretty much all my threads and posts are based on what I'm observing going in the world around me, including the media.

That should answer your question.

Huh. Then why do they keep electing presidents that were born filthy rich and lived a life of privledge....while disdaining self made men like Obama and Clinton?

For all the empty lip service to 'individual effort', conservatives worship wealth. Like a god. And they equate wealth with virtue. And poverty with the lack of virtue. Pretty much the *exact opposite* of what Christianity tells them.

Giving you a lovely window into who their real god is.
POWERFUL!!!

giphy.gif

One should never forget the past, monuments stand as a reminder, good or bad, from once we came.
If that's really the case, then why do you and your fellow bitch-ass Republicans always get your panties tied up in knots anytime someone talks about the horrors and atrocities of American slavery and Jim Crow?

Hmmmm...?!?!???

Maybe because we object to you commies trying to rewrite our history. Tell me commie, when will you demand the government use artillery to blow the faces off Mt. Rushmore?

It means that they are the soldiers in mindset these days (looking back now), that rode into places like Gettysburg etc to fight the Demon-crats who wanted slavery to continue.

They reside everywhere now, because after the war the government occupied the south by keeping U.S. military installations all over the south in which was conquered by the U.S. military in blue back then, and this over the grey.

The blacks thinking that the south is still the seggragated prejudice south is just hilarious. The mixture of Americans United are everywhere today. Sure there will always be racist everywhere in America, but they aren't defined specifically by party, area, community or group these days.

You can only identify them by their characters, and by their speak and/or actions they take. They are not identified by state or community these days also. Thought you knew this by now.

Trying to keep the south as this racist area of the country still or trying to label republicans as these old time racist Demon-crats uh is just hilarious and laughable really.

So here we have people like the OP attempting to make us all dumb here, but it ain't happening... LOL

Quit making the south your Boogeyman or the republicans the same, and just join the union with all Americans no matter where they live in the country now, and start rebuking racism no matter where it exist in the country.
So can you explain what would possess Mrs. Hyde to reference being too glad to attend a public hanging for no reason at all?

I guess you're too ignorant to know that public hanging was used in this country as capital punishment from the days Europeans settled the continent till 1936. Public hanging has a very specific connotation, very different form lynching. Of course race baiters like you will try to propagandize it, totally disregarding reality.

Pretty much all my threads and posts are based on what I'm observing going in the world around me, including the media.

That should answer your question.

You claimed it happens EVERY DAY, yet you can't provide ONE example for each of the last 3 days. I gave you a chance to walk it back, now I must conclude you're just another commiecrat liar. Carry on.

What is it, exactly, are they trying to say, or communicate when they spout that line?

I'd love to have the self-professed Republicans, Conservatives and other assorted Rightwingers of USMB weigh in on this.

Proceed...
It means Republicans oppose slavery but have no problem with Jim Crow, black codes, and segregation.

What is it, exactly, are they trying to say, or communicate when they spout that line?

I'd love to have the self-professed Republicans, Conservatives and other assorted Rightwingers of USMB weigh in on this.

Proceed...

It’s really hard for you to accept the truth about the Party of Lincoln setting Black Americans free. Are you to proud to admit you’re wrong or are you to full of hate to admit you’re wrong? Maybe you’re not smart enough? Which one is it?

Proceed...
It means Republicans oppose slavery but have no problem with Jim Crow, black codes, and segregation.

Where do you see the segregation today?

In the blue cities.

Public hanging of who ???? I'd attend a public hanging of anyone committing a sickening henious crime, and yes I'd be glad I did it.

Who was getting hung ??

One should never forget the past, monuments stand as a reminder, good or bad, from once we came.
If that's really the case, then why do you and your fellow bitch-ass Republicans always get your panties tied up in knots anytime someone talks about the horrors and atrocities of American slavery and Jim Crow?

Hmmmm...?!?!???

Maybe because we object to you commies trying to rewrite our history. Tell me commie, when will you demand the government use artillery to blow the faces off Mt. Rushmore?

Now THAT would be the straw to break that ole camels back for sure.

beagle9 said:
Public hanging of who ???? I'd attend a public hanging of anyone committing a sickening henious crime, and yes I'd be glad I did it.

Who was getting hung ??
All Death By Hanging Invokes Lynching
We Ran Out And Lynched A Bunch 'O Fellas At Nuremberg

beagle9 said:

Who was getting hung ??
All Death By Hanging Invokes Lynching
We Ran Out And Lynched A Bunch 'O Fellas At Nuremberg
Yep, and they deserved that lynching, hanging, death penalty or whatever you want to call it. Now, we all know that not all lynchings, hangings or such are legit, nessesary, legal, law abiding, right or just, but we all know this so what's the point here that's trying to be made ???

beagle9 said:
Yep, and they deserved that lynching, hanging, death penalty or whatever you want to call it. Now, we all know that not all lynchings, hangings or such are legit, nessesary, legal, law abiding, right or just, but we all know this so what's the point here that's trying to be made ???
You Tell Me

Proceed...

As you wish.
Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg

CarterWoodson_zpsa92e28d7-S.jpg

"Enslaved them again"? Really? LBJ is the one that passed the Equal Rights Act and the Equal Voter Act.

That is the reason that the Afro Americans vote overwhelmingly Democrat. Dems gave them equal rights and the right to vote.

Your ignorance is not at all surprising.

quote-i-ll-have-those-S.jpg

Republican%20Civil%20Rights%20Accomplishments-L.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back