why do people people think there opinion on race has any merit?

ducks102

Feb 9, 2012
this would be like a male having an opinion on what it like being a woman. The funny thing is that minorities don't take your opinion seriously.

If we could only opine on things that we have personally experienced, there would be very very little discussion about anything. It is not funny when someone refuses to consider an opinion of someone else, based on a difference of skin color.

How bigoted! How foolish! I have opinions on the horror that was the Holocaust and I'm not a Jew. I have opinions on FGM yet I've never been cut. I have opinions on pedophilia yet I"ve never been a victim nor a pedophile.

Ridiculous.

How bigoted! How foolish! I have opinions on the horror that was the Holocaust and I'm not a Jew. I have opinions on FGM yet I've never been cut. I have opinions on pedophilia yet I"ve never been a victim nor a pedophile.

Ridiculous.
Every leftie on this site loves to opine about my criminal past. Guess now we know they're all criminals based on this line of thinking!

If we could only opine on things that we have personally experienced, there would be very very little discussion about anything. It is not funny when someone refuses to consider an opinion of someone else, based on a difference of skin color.

It would be like me considering a vegetarian opinion on the taste of chicken. That's the whole point, if you have no experience than your opinion has little value. You never see non handicap people telling handicap people what it is like for them but you hear white people talk about race as a minority.

It would be like me considering a vegetarian opinion on the taste of chicken. That's the whole point, if you have no experience than your opinion has little value. You never see non handicap people telling handicap people what it is like for them but you hear white people talk about race as a minority.
How very limiting. Stick with that. You'll never learn anything beyond your own little bitty selfish reality.

this would be like a male having an opinion on what it like being a woman. The funny thing is that minorities don't take your opinion seriously.

It's the left that assumes to know what others think. They assume that blacks are liberal and don't even listen to blacks who try to express themselves. They assumed that Native Americans didn't like the Red Skins and refused to listen to them when the majority said they were fine with it. The left assumes that Hispanics don't want border security and they ignore those who try to explain themselves. They speak for people without caring how those people really feel. The left thinks their opinions are the only ones with merit.

So, why does the left not accept that people's opinions on their own views are legitimate? They dismiss opinions of all races if it doesn't fit the narrative. It is they who claim to read minds and speak for people whether the people approve or not.

In that case, some need to stop pretending they know how other people think. The issue here is that whites are being told they are racists by people who haven't a clue about them. It's all assumed. It's not coming from blacks or Hispanics so much as it's coming from the left in general. It's coming from a certain mindset. I've heard white and black liberals claim that being white means you are a racist. They judge everyone solely on skin color.

While there is racism and it can come from any person, to assume that all of one race are inherently racist is just stupid.

Racists should be called out no matter what color the person is who is guilty of it. It's not a black vs white thing, it's the good people vs the not so good people and both sides are quite diverse. I identify with people based on ideology and many other things we have in common. Then there are both whites and blacks that I cannot identify with because we have different views on everything from politics to parenthood.

The left is making everything about color and it's getting old. They are pitting people against each other. Thankfully, not everyone is buying into it. Many blacks and whites are speaking out against the bullshit going on and want it to end. Some on the left think the violence is necessary. Some are calling for more. Guess what, folks, the people who possess sanity are disagreeing. Not a black thing. Not a white thing. It's a common sense thing. You have it or you don't and you can't tell by looking at a person which side they are on.

It's important to discuss things to understand how others feel, but it's the left that doesn't take people's opinions seriously because they have already assumed what a person's opinion should be based on skin color. And if you don't think the way they feel you should, they ridicule you the same way they attacked Cain, Carson and many others who they insisted were thinking the wrong way for their race. The left may be shocked to learn that a great many minorities are against BLM and what they are doing. I doubt they'll even believe it. While the few are making a lot of noise, the average minority just wants it to stop. I know, I hear it every day. So, stop assuming, libs. Stop thinking your opinion matters to blacks because it might not matter shit to them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back