Why do ordinary people travel by plane ?

SkyscrapersUS

Rookie
Sep 2, 2023
Logical is that a travel with transport facilities which are moving with lower speed costs less than a travel with transport facilities which are moving with higher speed.

Logical is for ordinary people to be transported with transport facilities which are moving with lower speed, because they are cheaper.

It would be normal for ordinary people in the world to be transported by zeppelins or ships and not by airplanes.

Logical is that a travel with transport facilities which are moving with lower speed costs less than a travel with transport facilities which are moving with higher speed.

Logical is for ordinary people to be transported with transport facilities which are moving with lower speed, because they are cheaper.

It would be normal for ordinary people in the world to be transported by zeppelins or ships and not by airplanes.
Time is money. Crossing the Atlantic takes a few hours by plane and about 5 days by boat. Airships are at the mercy of winds and proved impractical.

I'm not likely to be able to drive my car or take a bus to Tibet, am I?

In this scenario, who are the "normal" people subjugated to using 19th Century transportation and who are the "special people" who don't have to spend six weeks in a boat to take a vacation in Australia?

I hate flying. It ruins an otherwise good trip on both ends.

My new rule is any flight longer than two hours and we bite the bullet and go first class.

The vast majority of people that travel long distances are working and simply "on vacation," which means they have perhaps two weeks off. These people wish to get to their destination rapidly in order to enjoy the majority of their time off at their destination, not traveling to and from it.
If you live in California and desire to vacation in Venice, driving to the east coast, then taking a boat to Venice, would be absurd with the time you have on vacation.

What kind of mind drugs are you taking?

Gotta be honest, I love to take a trip via zeppelin, minus that whole Hindenburg outcome.

I may get the chance…

Also, anyone ever taken a trip by train? For some reason, that sounds like it would be neat. To have a private cabin and take a cross country trip.

I've flown for as little as $25 return between two countries before, the bus from the airport to where I was going cost more than the flights.

Forum List

Back