Why do libertarians aid, and abet Obama?

The "Libertarian" party has been taken over by the pot heads who rely on the hope that progressives are more likely to legalize the manufacture and sale of marijuana.

Interesting, as a libertarian, I have no recollection of smoking pot or being a pot head. I however do want it legalized, because I see that it has quantifiable medical applications. But I don't appreciate being labeled like that.

:(

The "Libertarian" party has been taken over by the pot heads who rely on the hope that progressives are more likely to legalize the manufacture and sale of marijuana.

LOL... you've never been to a Libertarian meeting have you? It's not exactly party central. More like geek-squad or the high-school debate club. In fact, I'd like to find some stats on the ratio of pot smoking party members as compared to the national average. I'd wager it's lower by a wide margin.

Libertarians, and conservatives are essentially one and the same.

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Do you love the free market?

Do you hate Obama's tax and spend failonomics?

Do you despise abortion as the aberration it is?

Do you love capitalism?

Do you want to decrease the size of the federal government?

Do you believe in reasonably equal opportunity, instead of equal outcome?

If you agree with any of these, you should vote for GoP!

Although, by not voting for the GoP, you are an effective detriment to your ideology, if you are a libertarian.

Not true.

I used to make that argument when it was Bush vs. Gore. But then we got Bush, and the RNC Chairman declared that the GOP was no longer the party of small government. "Where are the fiscal conservatives going to go?" the asshat chuckled. And then we got saddled with McCain and Palin. You're wrong, voting GOP is an effective detriment to my ideology. If most fiscal conservatives voted for fiscal conservatives we would have never had an Obama. We'd have had Herman Cain.

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Do you love capitalism?

Fuck the GOP.
Bunch of blovating statists no better than the Democrats they pretend to differ from.

Libertarians (true ones, at least) also oppose the insane drug laws. And the increasing militarization of local police. And subsidies for businesses. Or interventionism abroad.

While I don't share their views on many issues, it's a legitimate third pole in the public debate.

Where I can agree with you is that voting for a third party is a bit silly.

Sillier than voting for a candidate you disagree with 90% because you disagree with another leading candidate 92%???

There may be differences between some Republicans and Democrats, maybe even differences that matter. But when the net difference is small (as it was between Obama and Romney for example), I can't think of anything more wasteful than expressing a difference between them. Especially when I have the option of showing support for a candidate or party I actually agree with.

I guess that depends on what you see as the purpose of voting. I see it as a tool to move policy in my favored direction. You seem to view it as more of a moral exercise.

Neither Bush nor McCain nor Romney would have moved policy in my favored direction.

A vote should be earned. Too many people spend their votes on the "lesser of two evils" instead. They are cheap whores, easily bought. They don't seem to understand that when you vote for the lesser of two evils, they are still voting for evil. This only results in more and more evil candidates from which to choose.

A vote is a message. It tells the receiver of the vote they are doing something right. So why in the ever loving FUCK would anyone would want to tell evil that it is doing the right thing is beyond me.

Better to abstain than to continue to reward evil.

Now...to address the OP. Not voting for the lesser of two evils is not the same thing as aiding and abetting Obama. The people who are aiding and abetting Obama are those in the opposition who are too chickenshit to put superior plans on the table, and who do nothing but whine and tremble and obsess over how many golf games Obama played or how many times he did or didn't say "God" today.

Jesus H. Christ, it's like he is opposed by a schoolyard of third graders!

Don't be blaming me if I can't stomach voting for those assholes. It is time to hold THEM accountable, ya dumb fuck.

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Do you love capitalism?

lol... fresh meat... :)

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Do you love capitalism?

lol... fresh meat... :)

Heh... it is sort of like batting practice. ;)

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Do you love capitalism?

Except that the GOP doesn't support half of the things you listed. Oh sure, they tell you that they do when they want your vote, but then as soon as they get in power that's all out the window.

Liberty and freedom? NSA and Patriot Act ring a bell?

Small spending and small government? Have you been living under a rock?

Time for you to be gobsmacked with the truth.

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

The GoP routinely supports polices that restrict freedom and the free market. A good example would be the Republicans support for tax loopholes that are designed to favor specific companies over their competition. If you don't support closing tax loopholes, which Grover Norquist dismisses as a tax increase, you are anti free market.

Like TARP and bailouts of favored companies that was proposed by Bush?

I don't despise anything, I oppose abortion because I see it is taking a human life, but I see no reason to use the government to impose my views on others. After all, I might be wrong.

Do you love capitalism?

If the GOP wanted to decrease the size of the federal government they wouldn't keep putting up budget plans that expanded it every year, they would actually cut it.

I have no idea what the fuck reasonably equal opportunity is.

It is precisely because I believe in those things that I will never vote for a party that has repeatedly demonstrated their contempt for them.

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

The GoP routinely supports polices that restrict freedom and the free market. A good example would be the Republicans support for tax loopholes that are designed to favor specific companies over their competition. If you don't support closing tax loopholes, which Grover Norquist dismisses as a tax increase, you are anti free market.

I don't despise anything, I oppose abortion because I see it is taking a human life, but I see no reason to use the government to impose my views on others. After all, I might be wrong.

If the GOP wanted to decrease the size of the federal government they wouldn't keep putting up budget plans that expanded it every year, they would actually cut it.

It is precisely because I believe in those things that I will never vote for a party that has repeatedly demonstrated their contempt for them.

Remind me what effective opposition narco-libertarians have ever mounted to any of those things. Yeah, thought so. Oops.
The GOP has blocked some of the worst crap out of the Obama Administration. But the party is a big party. Saying "The GOP supported this or that" is a canard. Yes, some did. But others didnt. Jeff Flake consistently opposed Bush's bailouts under TARP and other gov't intrusions.
Of course if the narcos would work within the party to elect conservative candidates instead of running their mouths about free dope and unilateral disarmament the GOP would look a whole lot different.

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Remind me what effective opposition narco-libertarians have ever mounted to any of those things. Yeah, thought so. Oops.
The GOP has blocked some of the worst crap out of the Obama Administration. But the party is a big party. Saying "The GOP supported this or that" is a canard. Yes, some did. But others didnt. Jeff Flake consistently opposed Bush's bailouts under TARP and other gov't intrusions.
Of course if the narcos would work within the party to elect conservative candidates instead of running their mouths about free dope and unilateral disarmament the GOP would look a whole lot different.

Don't bother, members of the libertarian party are probably too stupid to understand this.

For example...

Do you love freedom?

Do you love Liberty?

Do you love capitalism?

Yeah, no.

We do? Says who?

One other thing, you don't tell us how to vote. This is exactly why I am a libertarian. I don't like being told by the establishment who I'm required to vote for.

Note the word "should" not "must".

Narco-libertarians are actually closer to liberals than they are conservatives. Listen to them on foreign policy, if you can stomache it.
They are bedwetters and simps. Notice how the Dems managed to win by fronting a libertarian candidate in the VA race and siphoning off votes from the Republican.

Show us the numbers stating that he took more from the Republican than the Democrat.

A Quinnipiac poll from yesterday shows that Sarvis is actually “taking” slightly more of the vote from Democrat Terry McAuliffe (47 percent) than from Cuccinelli (45 percent).

Sarvis a Libertarian? Nope | National Review Online

We do? Says who?

One other thing, you don't tell us how to vote. This is exactly why I am a libertarian. I don't like being told by the establishment who I'm required to vote for.

Narco-libertarians are actually closer to liberals than they are conservatives. Listen to them on foreign policy, if you can stomache it.
They are bedwetters and simps. Notice how the Dems managed to win by fronting a libertarian candidate in the VA race and siphoning off votes from the Republican.

I rue the day that Conservatives laid claim to the Libertarian party.

"syphoning" votes? Seriously ... something else for social conservatives to wale about full-time.

The party of personal responsibility certainly likes to make a lot of excuses and blame others because they nominated a loser.

We do? Says who?

Show us the numbers stating that he took more from the Republican than the Democrat.

A Quinnipiac poll from yesterday shows that Sarvis is actually “taking” slightly more of the vote from Democrat Terry McAuliffe (47 percent) than from Cuccinelli (45 percent).

Sarvis a Libertarian? Nope | National Review Online

Cuccinelli lost by 2.5% of the vote. Sarvis got 6% of the vote. Had Sarvis not been in the race Cuccinelli would have won.
Oops.

Forum List

Back