Why Did Ted Cruz Feel Compelled To Renounce His Canadian Citizenship If He's A Natural Born Citizen?

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
It's a very good question. A lot of Cruz and Obama eligibility supporters are saying Cruz is a natural born Citizen eligible for the presidency even though he was born in a foreign sovereignty to a American mother and foreign national father. So IF Ted Cruz was already a natural born U.S. citizen, then what compelled him to renounce his Canadian citizenship?

CAzqEnaXIAEUMVd.jpg

That's because Ted Cruz dad isn't black but that's not the topic of the thread.

How about his duel citizenship could be a TALKING POINT by little insignificant people who have an agenda against a Latino running for President! ....Sounds about right to me!
Dual citizenship allows choice of country. When Cruz dropped his Canadian citizenship he voted PRO America. I cannot say that about the current.

How about his duel citizenship could be a TALKING POINT by little insignificant people who have an agenda against a Latino running for President! ....Sounds about right to me!
Dual citizenship allows choice of country. When Cruz dropped his Canadian citizenship he voted PRO America. I cannot say that about the current.

That's not why you renounce one of your citizenships, goofball.
Ain't nobody more "pro-America" outside the US than Canada.
Actually ........... they live in it.

"Duel citizenship" indeed. Maybe even the other way around.

What's the matter, Pogo Old Girl, you can't find ANYTHING like a phony Birth Certificate, or NO college records, or NO client lists from a presidential candidate that can be used against Cruz? I believe you're a RACIST because Cruz is a Hispanic....shame on you, hypocritical liberal!

It's not "a very good question."

One, there is no serious doubt that he is a natural-born citizen. If he were not, he would be a naturalized citizen. It has been standard legal practice and policy for as long as anyone can trace to recognize a child born to an American citizen overseas as an American citizen, which is why such children do not need to be naturalized.

Two, Cruz renounced his Canadian citizenship to remove any doubt about his American citizenship and patriotism, since some folks might be uncomfortable with having a president who was also a citizen of another country. He did not need to do this, but he did it just to remove any doubt and to avoid any potential nit-picking.

Why did he wait so long to denounce his canadian citizenship?

Why did he wait so long to vote PRO-America? He could have renounced his canadian citizenship decades ago.

It's a very good question. A lot of Cruz and Obama eligibility supporters are saying Cruz is a natural born Citizen eligible for the presidency even though he was born in a foreign sovereignty to a American mother and foreign national father. So IF Ted Cruz was already a natural born U.S. citizen, then what compelled him to renounce his Canadian citizenship?

It was purely a PR move- because there are Americans who wouldn't want to elect a President who also happened to be a Canadian citizen.

Didn't change his eligiblity in the United States one way or the other.

Why did he wait so long to denounce his canadian citizenship?

Why did he wait so long to vote PRO-America? He could have renounced his canadian citizenship decades ago.

Why, was it important until he ran for political office?

Forum List

Back