Why change pre-existing condition rules?

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
I heard the moron that T-Rump made head of HHS make a comment how this change in pre-existing conditions would not change for most people like those who:
on Medicare
on Medicaid
On employer's policies
Veteran,s care

i.e. not very many people.

So, if this is true. why change it?

Why put up the high risk pools?

Why, because it s a lie those on employers plans or Medicaid won't be affected.

it's all for the insurance companies?

first congress gave them a huge gift with medicare, these people paid for insurance their whole younger lives, when they were not sick, and then when they reached the age of needing health insurance, the insurance companies were kicking them off their insurance...

govt came in and saved the day by creating medicare, giving insurance companies the biggest gift of a lifetime...making tax payers pay for the elderly's health care

NOW insurance companies have got congress to give them their second biggest gift of a lifetime!

by taking sick people off of their health insurance policies and putting them in a pool of people with preexisting conditions that tax payers once again, have to pay for.....

so, insurance companies no longer have to cover the elderly and now, they no longer have to pay for those sick....

could the golden goose egg for insurance companies get any bigger?

first congress gave them a huge gift with medicare, these people paid for insurance their whole younger lives, when they were not sick, and then when they reached the age of needing health insurance, the insurance companies were kicking them off their insurance...

govt came in and saved the day by creating medicare, giving insurance companies the biggest gift of a lifetime...making tax payers pay for the elderly's health care

NOW insurance companies have got congress to give them their second biggest gift of a lifetime!

by taking sick people off of their health insurance policies and putting them in a pool of people with preexisting conditions that tax payers once again, have to pay for.....

so, insurance companies no longer have to cover the elderly and now, they no longer have to pay for those sick....

We don't want "govt" in between "the people" and their doctors. We prefer unelected corporate profiteers in between "the people" and their doctors.

I notice the moronic Trumpettes have nothing to say.

I think that Trumpcare virtually guarantees single payer the next time Democrats are in power.

I cannot believe what Americans tolerate in terms of utter bullshit of denial of claims, capped claims, copayments, and pre-approvals, to keep access to substandard overpriced American healthcare for some. But then they believe the lies of the for-profit US insurance and health care system.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

How ridiculous is pour system? Get a colonoscopy.

Covered 100% if they perform the procedure without finding any polyps that were removed.

The entire procedure is billable if they find & remove anything. Subject to deductibles & co-pays.

Ours is a for profit system, that's the point, profit. There is no other goal.
Yes and unfortunately the central government is on the take. It is a racket the Mafia can only dream of. Yet amazingly, many Americans still think the central government is a force for good. WTF!

We already pay for the elderly, insurance companies only get in the medicare plus stuff if they want to.

Do you even know what the actual profit margin is for most Insurance companies?

I think that Trumpcare virtually guarantees single payer the next time Democrats are in power.

I cannot believe what Americans tolerate in terms of utter bullshit of denial of claims, capped claims, copayments, and pre-approvals, to keep access to substandard overpriced American healthcare for some. But then they believe the lies of the for-profit US insurance and health care system.

At least here I don't have to wait 6 months or more for elective procedures, or I have to worry about the quality of doctors when I do a bit of research. Sooner or later those single payer government systems are going to have to cut costs to the bone, and when you pay doctors like you pay factory workers, you end up with the system the soviets had.

I heard the moron that T-Rump made head of HHS make a comment how this change in pre-existing conditions would not change for most people like those who:
on Medicare
on Medicaid
On employer's policies
Veteran,s care

It puts workers back to where they were before Obamacare. If you have a sick child or a pre-existing condition you are afraid to change jobs. If you have a chance to start your own business, you can't do it because you are afraid to lose health coverage

What do insurance companies add to the quality of our healthcare? They have placed themselves between the doctor and the patient and they get to decide what doctors you can see, what procedures can be done and how long you can stay in a hospital.
Much of the rising costs of our healthcare is due to negotiating with insurance companies, the paperwork in billing insurance companies, disputing claims and working out payment. Insurance acts as a high paid middle man

Single payer eliminates all that

Yes and unfortunately the central government is on the take. It is a racket the Mafia can only dream of. Yet amazingly, many Americans still think the central government is a force for good. WTF!
Once a population allows concentrated corporate wealth and power to assume/usurp the voices of human beings in their own self governance, all bets are off. Once folks buy into a "corporations are people too my friend" perceptual reality, they have subjugated themselves to a power structure they have no representation in at all. Unfortunately american society has become what it ostensibly overthrew at its birthing.

on Medicare
on Medicaid
On employer's policies
Veteran,s care

It puts workers back to where they were before Obamacare. If you have a sick child or a pre-existing condition you are afraid to change jobs. If you have a chance to start your own business, you can't do it because you are afraid to lose health coverage
The new slavery.

So you work for free?

Of course not, neither do you, you work for the profiteering of the capitalists and in return you are allwed a subsistence existence. You may claim otherwise for yourself, but the reality for most americans is what it is and they are aware. But that's another "debate". Your healthcare system is the shittiest, most expensive and inefficient system in the advanced post-indistrial world. Celebrate the exceptionalism.

So you work for free?

Of course not, neither do you, you work for the profiteering of the capitalists and in return you are allwed a subsistence existence. You may claim otherwise for yourself, but the reality for most americans is what it is and they are aware. But that's another "debate". Your healthcare system is the shittiest, most expensive and inefficient system in the advanced post-indistrial world. Celebrate the exceptionalism.

1905,1947 and 1964 called, it want's its idiotic commie rhetoric back.

At least here I don't have to wait 6 months or more for elective procedures, or I have to worry about the quality of doctors when I do a bit of research. Sooner or later those single payer government systems are going to have to cut costs to the bone, and when you pay doctors like you pay factory workers, you end up with the system the soviets had.
Doctors make good money in these systems that have been running for 50 plus years.

Do you have anything other than right wing bullshit?

I waited 3 months to get into an ortho to look at my knee. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

So you work for free?

1905,1947 and 1964 called, it want's its idiotic commie rhetoric back.
Loan sharking is a for profit business. So is drug dealing. So those are systems we should admire.

Good thinking, dumbass.

Bullshit corporate mindfuck propaganda, no one is moving toward our way of doing things. NO ONE.

Forum List

Back