Why can’t we see that we’re living in a golden age?

People look at history wh rose colored glasses .

It wasn't to long ago when you would wake up and worry about nuclear war!

Now we worry about transgender bathroom choices.

First world problems!
No we don't. The media pretends we do. The universities permit us to worry about nothing but transgender bathrooms.

The people worry about over population.

Maybe in China. Americans don't have big families anymore.
china has SMALLER families than america because of the 1 child policy so you STUFFED UP THERE, DIDN'T YA MATE.

The Golden Age?

:disbelief:

You could have fooled me.

Apparently it was pretty easy to fool you because this is the greatest of times to be alive. And the Democrats want to kill that in their greed

hmmmm.....the greatest time to be alive? :uhh:

you sure? I don't know....

It should be, we are the richest, most powerful country in the history of man. If you earn the poverty line in this country, you're among the top ten percent in the world. What's bringing us down is the chorus of greed from the left, gimme, gimme, gimme

The Golden Age?

Apparently it was pretty easy to fool you because this is the greatest of times to be alive. And the Democrats want to kill that in their greed

What is your biggest concern?

Yes, your looting achievers has reached it's height, hasn't it greedy boy. What's the problem? The problem is that when you are just waiting in the harbor to loot the fishing boats as they come into port, one way or another, they stop coming into port

Today's golden age is tomorrow's dark ages. Our achievements should never be good enough. We are not even capable of seeing our fellow man as anything other than competition.

If our development as a species were a race, we would still be able to reach back and touch the starting line.

Today's golden age is tomorrow's dark ages. Our achievements should never be good enough. We are not even capable of seeing our fellow man as anything other than competition.

If our development as a species were a race, we would still be able to reach back and touch the starting line.
True, but our impending demise has nothing to do with hubris. It has to do with the left successfully tapping into excessive greed and wealth envy and choking the captialist goose that laid the golden egg

True, but our impending demise has nothing to do with hubris. It has to do with the left successfully tapping into excessive greed and wealth envy and choking the captialist goose that laid the golden egg

Again, making broad statements without any type of example. So I will help you: you're stating that the richest people in this country are Democrats, correct? Otherwise your term "tapping into" doesn't make any sense

The Golden Age?

Duly noted that you feel inadequate to expound on that woefully sad and stupid comment.

That made no sense, Pocahontas

Need me to dumb it down?

You already did

Again, making broad statements without any type of example. So I will help you: you're stating that the richest people in this country are Democrats, correct?

The Golden Age?

It should be, we are the richest, most powerful country in the history of man. If you earn the poverty line in this country, you're among the top ten percent in the world. What's bringing us down is the chorus of greed from the left, gimme, gimme, gimme

I suspect you're the one that does a lot of gimme gimme gimme. When someone constantly whines about greed, it is because they are guilty of it themselves.

And you are wrong about the poverty line being the top 10% of the world. Many European countries have higher standards of living than we do

Again, making broad statements without any type of example. So I will help you: you're stating that the richest people in this country are Democrats, correct?

Resorting to cartoons is just like waving a white flag

The Golden Age?

I suspect you're the one that does a lot of gimme gimme gimme. When someone constantly whines about greed, it is because they are guilty of it themselves.

And you are wrong about the poverty line being the top 10% of the world. Many European countries have higher standards of living than we do

Yes, I'm a libertarian who wants lots of government services. What a dingbat

Resorting to cartoons is just like waving a white flag

Swish, didn't get it again, did you, Pocahontas?

A rimshot is what you do for a one liner

Be kind to the kind, try to convert the middle to kindness, and defend both from the unkind.

The purist form of greed wants for nothing, yet can never have enough.

If you look at all the data, it’s clear there’s never been a better time to be alive
Johan Norberg

View attachment 86047

‘We have fallen upon evil times, politics is corrupt and the social fabric is fraying.’ Who said that? Donald Trump or Bernie Sanders? Nigel Farage or Marine Le Pen? It’s difficult to keep track. They sound so alike, the populists of the left and the right. Everything is awful, so bring on the scapegoats and the knights on white horses.

Pessimism resonates. A YouGov poll found that just 5 per cent of Britons think that the world, all things considered, is getting better. You would think that the chronically cheerful Americans might be more optimistic — well, yes, 6 per cent of them think that the world is improving. More Americans believe in astrology and reincarnation than in progress.

Johan Norberg and Fraser Nelson discuss the doom delusion:

Why can’t we see that we’re living in a golden age?

Golden Ages are followed by falls.

Being in a golden age and worrying about the future is completely reasonable.

IMO, we are already well into the early stages of decline.

Forum List

Back