Why can't I rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need to have the rep program set up where we can ALSO SEE who we have repped, DP'S site has it set up this way....i find it very helpful in keeping track....maybe gunny can have this arranged for us?

I think that's a really good idea. I'd rep you for it, if I COULD!

we need to have the rep program set up where we can ALSO SEE who we have repped, DP'S site has it set up this way....i find it very helpful in keeping track....maybe gunny can have this arranged for us?

I suggested that a while back, but it wasn't possible at that time. Maybe v-bulletin has updated the software?

Personally I find the rep limitations annoying because I rep someone and then 2 minutes later they say something even funnier or more brilliant that I wished I'd saved the rep for. But I guess the restrictions are necessary and the best way available to curtail rep abuse short of having every rep previewed by a panel of judges before being allowed.

Besides it doesn't mean anything anyway and is just a clever gimmick to keep message board junkies even more addicted. ;)

I was not trying to run up your neg reps. I simply gave you your daily neg rep, crybaby. Then you were able to neg rep me two times successively, which freaked me out...:eusa_shifty:

I think I must just have hit the 24 hour mark funky or something.

Then why would you complain if he neg reps you back?

In any event, I checked the rep... no one is "abusing" rep as far as I can see, though it may be that one poster repped six people in a row and got back to you pretty quickly on one occasion.

As far as I can see, though, the system hasn't been abused with regard to you. If you feel it was, pm Gunny b/c he has the admin permissions and can see things that I might not be able to.

Personally I find the rep limitations annoying because I rep someone and then 2 minutes later they say something even funnier or more brilliant that I wished I'd saved the rep for. But I guess the restrictions are necessary and the best way available to curtail rep abuse short of having every rep previewed by a panel of judges before being allowed.

For the eleven millionth time, my proposal would eliminate both rep abuse AND the limitations that you and I find most annoying. Basically a sliding scale of points awarded per rep. The more you rep the same person over a given period of time (and/or # of reps given) the fewer that person's rep points are affected. If you just kept repping the same poster (pos or neg) eventually they would just get the comment, but the point impact would be zero. Since they already track who you rep, and how many reps given, no additional data collection is required, merely a moderately clever algorithm, which I could easily build if asked.

I'm not complaining that he neg repped me, I was complaining that I couldn't rep, period, while it seemed others are able to repeat rep, something I've never been able to do.

But then I don't race around repping people just so I can neg rep.

I did pm gunny, but I think it has to be a timing issue.

No I wasn't. I've never been able to triple or even double whammy you or anyone else. You double whammied me, on the other hand.

And Ravi, I didn't mean I could only rep one person, period, in 24 hours. I meant I couldn't double rep anyone in 24 hours. At least I don't think I ever have.

Allie's boyfriend retardedsgt. just gave me a neg reg. LOL.

For the eleven millionth time, my proposal would eliminate both rep abuse AND the limitations that you and I find most annoying. Basically a sliding scale of points awarded per rep. The more you rep the same person over a given period of time (and/or # of reps given) the fewer that person's rep points are affected. If you just kept repping the same poster (pos or neg) eventually they would just get the comment, but the point impact would be zero. Since they already track who you rep, and how many reps given, no additional data collection is required, merely a moderately clever algorithm, which I could easily build if asked.

Well, fucking do it then!!! And while you're at it make it so that if you disable rep, people who don't notice you have rep disabled, can't keep repping you and leaving comments that they think you see.

If I could totally disable rep, I think I might have a chance at getting this monkey off my back!!!!!!

Well, fucking do it then!!! And while you're at it make it so that if you disable rep, people who don't notice you have rep disabled, can't keep repping you and leaving comments that they think you see.

If I could totally disable rep, I think I might have a chance at getting this monkey off my back!!!!!!

:eusa_liar:

Damm!

Another example of how I rep someone and two minutes later they say something even funnier.

Anyway, I hope so.

It's not up to me, I don't own this circus. Take up with Manuel. I'm just saying I'd be happy to help if asked.

I'm not complaining that he neg repped me, I was complaining that I couldn't rep, period, while it seemed others are able to repeat rep, something I've never been able to do.

But then I don't race around repping people just so I can neg rep.

I did pm gunny, but I think it has to be a timing issue.

I think it must be, too. Sometimes it decides you've given out enough rep within a 24 hour period. But from this end, I can't tell how many reps you've given, only what you've gotten. Gunny can see how much you gave out. And I do think it's 20 reps within 24 hours, but I could be wrong.

No I wasn't. I've never been able to triple or even double whammy you or anyone else. You double whammied me, on the other hand.

And Ravi, I didn't mean I could only rep one person, period, in 24 hours. I meant I couldn't double rep anyone in 24 hours. At least I don't think I ever have.

BOTH of you will cease using the rep feature to mercilessly neg-rep each other for spite. (Given the comments left, it IS nothing more than spite). And, Allie.. For all your bitching and whining about rep, you're pretty nasty in the rep you give out, so that's a wash.

And incidently, you nailed him 4 times to his nailing you 3 times. The timing indicates you're both doing the same thing to each other.

BOTH of you will cease using the rep feature to mercilessly neg-rep each other for spite. (Given the comments left, it IS nothing more than spite). And, Allie.. For all your bitching and whining about rep, you're pretty nasty in the rep you give out, so that's a wash.

Ouch---a public flogging ! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back