Why Benghazi Matters

Meh.... what's four Americans hung out to dry and left to die at the hands of terrorists? Load up AF1, let's go to Vegas!

This isn't a video game where an AC-130 can pinpoint and shoot and not kill any civi's People are honestly really shortsighted.

Funny argument. My brother actually develops guidance systems for such things. According to him, put the most accurate kicker in the nfl on the 30 yard line and him on other side of the nation with his rockets and he will put more through the goalposts than the kicker.

Now you always run the risk of someone getting killed by friendly fire, but you underestimate how precise our targeting systems are.

Rocket's aren't guided, Nor is anything an AC-130 fires. All dumb as a board, sure they're accurate but er, they're not laser guided accurate being the rounds are again- not guided within the least. And finally think I found a video of the blasted 25mm firing, been looking for hours at this point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwqLTIldcvs]AC-130 Shooting The 25mm - YouTube[/ame]

For what it's worth, here is a diagram on the AC-130:

pic_ac-130specs.gif

I hesitate to bring it up because it's such an idiotic argument that we'd strafe the crowd outside of our consulate with a gunship in the middle of the night. Needless to say, employing the AC-130 would have done much more damage than what was done, resulting in more deaths, much more angst directed at the US, and a much more perilous situation for the entire region.

The right wing loons are in full smear mode for President Obama.

Needless to say, employing the AC-130 would have done much more damage than what was done, resulting in more deaths, much more angst directed at the US, and a much more perilous situation for the entire region.

I fully believe Obama feels the exact same way.

So he left the Americans to die.

This isn't a video game where an AC-130 can pinpoint and shoot and not kill any civi's People are honestly really shortsighted.

Funny argument. My brother actually develops guidance systems for such things. According to him, put the most accurate kicker in the nfl on the 30 yard line and him on other side of the nation with his rockets and he will put more through the goalposts than the kicker.

Now you always run the risk of someone getting killed by friendly fire, but you underestimate how precise our targeting systems are.

You can honestly and confidently tell me that the gunship is that precise? Don't the AC-130's shoot some rather large rounds?

AC-130AMMUNITION.jpg

This resulted from a google search.

The idea that you can use an ariel platform for crowd control is hilarious.

Needless to say, employing the AC-130 would have done much more damage than what was done, resulting in more deaths, much more angst directed at the US, and a much more perilous situation for the entire region.

I guess he could have nuked Bengazzi too; that would have showed them. :cool:

Does The Bay of Tonkin incident in 1964 -ring a bell?

Johnson used that as an excuse to escalate the Vietnam war. I don't think this is similar because Obama is seeking a policy of appeasement with Al Qaeda. Everything the administration has done so far, from the Apology Tour to the refusal to dispatch gunship support, has revolved around appeasing Islamic extremists. Obama has made it clear that the USA was in Libya under the dominion, and supposed protection, of the Islamists.

The Bush doctrine was to project strength, to show the Muslim world that the United States would answer any act by Muslim forces with deadly force, if necessary.

The Obama doctrine is one of apologetic deferment, demonstrating to the Islamist forces that America will take a back seat and acquiesce to Islamist desires for the region.

Because of this, I don't see Benghazi as a "Bay of Tonkin" situation, but simply the Al Qaeda forces biting the hand that's been feeding them.

What exactly would you call Bush's incompetence when he igorned multiple warning about 911and lied about WMDs in Iraq that got 10,000 americans kill and a millon innocent muslims, 30,00 wounded american troops, Not to mention the monetary cost of his incompetence and corruption aided by Cheney and Rumsfeld. They should have been court martialed when International Tribuanal convicted them of war crimes. And you want to tar and feather Obama and tie him on a rail because 4 americans died? What is is about white is right and black wrong? More than four children die daily because of right wing village idiot's gun right laws.

that doesn't count to the lunatic hacks.

this particular o/p is racist scum.

I guess he could have nuked Bengazzi too; that would have showed them. :cool:

The AC-130 would have stopped the already then laser designated mortar position(s)
just fine.

Could U.S. military have helped during Libya attack? - CBS News

You find a way to make this happen," Berntsen says. "There isn't a plan for every single engagement. Sometimes you have to be able to make adjustments. They made zero adjustments in this. They stood and they watched and our people died."

The Pentagon says it did move a team of special operators from central Europe to the large Naval Air Station in Sigonella, Italy, but gave no other details. Sigonella is just an hour's flight from Libya. Other nearby bases include Aviano and Souda Bay. Military sources tell CBS News that resources at the three bases include fighter jets and Specter AC-130 gunships, which the sources say can be extremely effective in flying in and buzzing a crowd to disperse it.

That goes nowhere near what the OP is stating. Did you not read the two or are you intentionally trying to mislead?

No, I'm not, prove the OP wrong? Good luck

So I proved they had planes an hour away? Easily could have flown in and rescued the ambassador, so why didnt they?

Some people watch too many fantasy action films. :lol:

If anyone has a non-right wing news source to back up any of these claims I would be interested in seeing it. At the moment all I can find is an all out right wing news blast from about 8 hours ago.

Well that would eliminate the U.S. Military of which that joke in the White House is the purported C-I-C.

That goes nowhere near what the OP is stating. Did you not read the two or are you intentionally trying to mislead?

No, I'm not, prove the OP wrong? Good luck

So I proved they had planes an hour away? Easily could have flown in and rescued the ambassador, so why didnt they?

Some people watch too many fantasy action films. :lol:

Too bad we couldn't just send Chuck Norris in. He took down thousands of terrorists all by himself.

Rocket's aren't guided, Nor is anything an AC-130 fires. All dumb as a board, sure they're accurate but er, they're not laser guided accurate being the rounds are again- not guided within the least. And finally think I found a video of the blasted 25mm firing, been looking for hours at this point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwqLTIldcvs]AC-130 Shooting The 25mm - YouTube[/ame]

I never said they were. The laser guiding and my brother's comments on how accurate our targeting system are are two completely different things.

If anyone has a non-right wing news source to back up any of these claims I would be interested in seeing it. At the moment all I can find is an all out right wing news blast from about 8 hours ago.
The Democrat fourth estate has lockstepped any critical evidence away from the American public on this issue.

They're not stupid. :eusa_shifty:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back