Why aren't David Vitter and John Ensign asked to step down?

Why aren't you asking for Clinton to be "expostfacto" impeached and removed from office?

His behavior was worse than Vitter's and occurred during the same era.

visiting a prostitute is illegal

Committing perjury is illegal.

In his Paula Jones deposition, he swore, "I have never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky. I've never had an affair with her."[8] Months later, Clinton admitted that his relationship with Lewinsky was "wrong" and "not appropriate." Lewinsky engaged in oral sex with Clinton several times.[9][10]

Except he didn't commit perjury. Notice the word choice.

Vitter's not gone because republicans are hypocritical political sharks. Weiner is gone because democrats are scared gutless political guppies, who cave at the drop of the hat in a misguided quest to curry favor with the public. It's the reason they had a majority from for 2 years and were too weak to force their agenda.

What Vitter did was also illegal in both parts of the country he was in. Only he was re-elected because Republicans have no shame. No one expects Republicans to be honest or actually work for the middle class. Sex scandals and hypocrisy are expected from the Republican Party. The Democrats have standards. Republicans only say they do, but not even them believe it.

are you an example of those Standards Dean?......

Of course. I've always been for civil rights and an educated America. I believe we should never screw over the middle class and we should support the elderly.

This is why I could never be a Republican. I like average Americans more than I like corporations.

What Vitter did was also illegal in both parts of the country he was in. Only he was re-elected because Republicans have no shame. No one expects Republicans to be honest or actually work for the middle class. Sex scandals and hypocrisy are expected from the Republican Party. The Democrats have standards. Republicans only say they do, but not even them believe it.

Of course. I've always been for civil rights and an educated America. I believe we should never screw over the middle class and we should support the elderly.

This is why I could never be a Republican. I like average Americans more than I like corporations.

is honesty a Democratic Standard?....

Absolutely.

Funny, when Ryan was asked if his plan for Medicare was to turn it into a "voucher" program, he said no. That they were replacing Medicare with "coupons".
How do you spell "coupon"?
V
O
U
C
H
E
R

Starting with Iraq to "jobs, jobs, jobs", the only history Republicans have is "lying".

Isn't this a bit of a double standard? Where is the Republican outrage?

Because they are Republicans, silly.

Republicans can lie to the media about their private lives and still be effective politicians. Look at Arnold..

But it's impossible for Democrats to lie and still do their jobs effectively. That's primarily because they get hounded by the "Liberal" media, Republicans..and abandoned by their own party.

See?

You guys reach so hard. Vitter's problems were in 2002. He was out of politics and then ran again after he resolved those issues.

Ensign is long gone.

Paying for consensual sex (while squicky) is not the same as sending pictures of your private members to people who don't want to see it.

If you do a dumb, you take tne penalty and then you move on. Which is what Vitter did. The folks in LA seem cool with it. They elected him after it was over, and the re elected him.

Weiner did a goofball thing, told goofball lies, and now has to take the consequences. What Ensign and Vitter have already done.

It is a double standard, anyway you want to slice it. Weiner has got to go, but look the other way for a Republican.

You guys reach so hard. Vitter's problems were in 2002. He was out of politics and then ran again after he resolved those issues.

Ensign is long gone.

Paying for consensual sex (while squicky) is not the same as sending pictures of your private members to people who don't want to see it.

If you do a dumb, you take tne penalty and then you move on. Which is what Vitter did. The folks in LA seem cool with it. They elected him after it was over, and the re elected him.

Weiner did a goofball thing, told goofball lies, and now has to take the consequences. What Ensign and Vitter have already done.

2002? Another Republican liar! Holy Cow!

David Vitter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In July 2007, Vitter was identified as a client of a prostitution service.[1] He won a second term in the November 2 general election, defeating a Democratic challenge from U.S. Representative Charlie Melancon of Napoleonville, the seat of Assumption Parish. In the Republican primary held on August 28, 2010, Vitter handily defeated former Louisiana Supreme Court Justice Chet D. Traylor of Monroe, formerly from Winnsboro.

Ensign resigned a couple of months ago. :confused:

As for Vitter, well, his constituents saw fit to reelect him despite his indiscretions, just like Charlie Rangel's did for him.

Absolutely.

yet your one of the most dishonest Democrats around......WHY?......and you know dam well what i am talking about......so please dont act like you dont....

Ensign resigned a couple of months ago. :confused:

As for Vitter, well, his constituents saw fit to reelect him despite his indiscretions, just like Charlie Rangel's did for him.

And Weiner would have been re-elected in NY. All the polls said he would. But the indignation from the moral, and hypocritical, right drove him from office. Not the same for the prostitute visiting Vitter...

Because they are Republicans, silly.

Republicans can lie to the media about their private lives and still be effective politicians. Look at Arnold..

But it's impossible for Democrats to lie and still do their jobs effectively. That's primarily because they get hounded by the "Liberal" media, Republicans..and abandoned by their own party.

See?

oh Christ......:lol:

Ensign is long gone.

Yeah. One's illegal (Vitter (R-LA)) & the other isn't. :eusa_whistle:

Ensign is long gone.

You're kidding. It's illegal.

Both Should have stepped down. This case rose to this level today not because of what he did on twitter, but because of his attempts to cover it up, and his Bold Face lying to both the Media and Congress. Period.

Had he came out right away and said yeah I did it, I have a problem I am seeking help. I am confident he would still be in the congress, and the calls for him to step down would only be coming from the Far right and not his own party.

AW proved there is one thing a Liberal Democrat can do to draw the wrath of the Liberal Media, and that is to deliberately lie to them, and attempt to manipulate them.

Ensign is long gone.

You're kidding. It's illegal.

Um, if she actually did not solicit the Photos, One could make a strong argument that sending them to her was Illegal.

Forum List

Back