Why Are You Opposed to Trump?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that the current opposition to Trump is primarily based on style and political incorrectness. It also seems to include a suggestion of racism, even though this inference is derived solely from his positions on immigration and national security.

IF it becomes a Presidential election between Trump and Clinton, what OBJECTIVE standards would you apply in deciding how you would vote?

For me, Trump's direct approaches to immigration, trade, national security, jobs and the economy are favorable factors, as opposed to Clinton's vacillation on these issues. (In other words, he says what he WILL do, whereas she talks about what she WON'T do.)

Please avoid name calling and explain the specific standards you employ in evaluating these candidates.

Last edited:
Your basic premise is wrong "the current opposition to Trump is primarily based on style and political incorrectness."

Your other premise, "It also seems to include a suggestion of racism, even though this inference is derived solely from his positions on immigration and national security." asks people to as accept racism based on immigration and national security, as somehow not really racism or worse -- justifiable racism.

Supporters of Trump may want to pivot and change the subject. I say good luck with that, and I totally mean that. Good luck

There is not much else constructive to say to you on this subject.

It has nothing to do with political incorrectness. That's a narrative Trump supporters created, and ran with. A candidate for the highest office in the country doing something like retweeting a picture suggesting that his opponent's wife is ugly isn't politically incorrect. It's being an asshole. The same man who backed out of a debate because a woman asked him a question he didn't like. The man who threatened to sue over a negative ad. He's a loud-mouthed, thin-skinned pussy.

Trump is a jerk, not politically incorrect. He is also a coward, changing his positions within 24 hours when caught out.

Straw man fallacy from the librats as usual only showing us what they want us to see and hiding the rest.

imrs.php

33050.jpg

upload_2016-4-22_14-46-11.jpeg

Donald Trump Won Hispanic Vote in New York City
Breitbart News‎ - 1 day ago
GOP frontrunner Donald Trump won more than 50 percent of the Hispanic vote in New York ...
Donald Trump gets crushed among Hispanic voters: Poll
Washington Times‎ - 1 day ago
Poll: Latino Voters 'Enthusiastic' to Vote Against Trump
TIME‎ - 23 hours ago
More news for trump hispanic vote
Donald Trump overwhelmingly wins Hispanic vote in New ...
www.washingtontimes.com/.../donald-trump-over...
The Washington Times
2 days ago - It's an unexpected victory to many political pundits and establishment Republicans who were sure, Mr. Trump would repeal the Hispanic vote ...
Cardona: Trump's apparent triumph with Nevada Latinos is ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../cardona-trumps-a...
The Washington Post
Mar 1, 2016 - Señor Trump, felicidades! Donald Trump is touting his win with Latino voters in the recent Republican Nevada caucuses. He was up against ...

Trump took a victory lap for winning the Latino vote. Here's ...
www.msnbc.com/.../trump-took-victory-lap-winning-the-latino-vote-her...
Feb 25, 2016 - The major shock out of Nevada's GOP caucus results was not thatTrump won the Latino vote by 18 points – it's that he won any Latino support ...

Entrance poll: Trump wins with Nevada Hispanics | TheHill
thehill.com/.../270547-entrance-poll-trump-wins-with-nevada-hi...
The Hill
Feb 24, 2016 - But despite those numbers and the blowback that he's faced, Trump has repeatedly pledged that he would win over Hispanic voters.
No Joke: Trump Can Win Plenty of Latinos - The Daily Beast
www.thedailybeast.com/.../no-joke-trump-can-win-plent...
The Daily Beast
Feb 12, 2016 - A new poll of Latino GOPers puts Trump ahead. Way ahead. ... However, it will be a cold day in hell if I will vote for Mrs. Clinton. I strongly ...

Straw man fallacy from the librats as usual only showing us what they want us to see and hiding the rest.

imrs.php

33050.jpg

View attachment 72548
GOP frontrunner Donald Trump won more than 50 percent of the Hispanic vote in New York ...
TIME‎ - 23 hours ago
The Washington Times
2 days ago - It's an unexpected victory to many political pundits and establishment Republicans who were sure, Mr. Trump would repeal the Hispanic vote ...
The Washington Post
Mar 1, 2016 - Señor Trump, felicidades! Donald Trump is touting his win with Latino voters in the recent Republican Nevada caucuses. He was up against ...

Feb 25, 2016 - The major shock out of Nevada's GOP caucus results was not thatTrump won the Latino vote by 18 points – it's that he won any Latino support ...

The Hill
Feb 24, 2016 - But despite those numbers and the blowback that he's faced, Trump has repeatedly pledged that he would win over Hispanic voters.
The Daily Beast
Feb 12, 2016 - A new poll of Latino GOPers puts Trump ahead. Way ahead. ... However, it will be a cold day in hell if I will vote for Mrs. Clinton. I strongly ...

Latino Republicans. All 12 of them.

I looked hard at Trump when all this started, and knew Cruze would be the other choice. Rubio was done when he betrayed those who sent him to washington, and the rest were pretty much retreads and washouts from past primareys. So at this point,I am a Cruz supporter. I can pull up his senate record and see consistency. Not so much with Donald Trump. Donald Trump just bounces around to much for me, and he just doesn't have the temperament for the job. He will also have lots of trouble with Hillery when it comes to who he gave money to in his past as a New York developer. He gave over $600,000.00 to democrats who backed things like gun control as well as unions. I don't hold the union thing against him thoigh. Unions build stuff and he needs them, but m afraid they are Inot him to deeply. I was able to find all that with a simple Google search. Hillery will bring more with her machine. All that and his behavior, all the winning and crying about the rules, unless they are in his favor, he hasn't complained about the Florida deligates.

So in short, go Ted.

imrs.php

33050.jpg

View attachment 72548
TIME‎ - 23 hours ago
The Washington Times
The Washington Post

The Hill
The Daily Beast

Aaron that was a great fight between DD and the Punisher.....they kicked each others asses...

imrs.php

33050.jpg

View attachment 72548
TIME‎ - 23 hours ago
The Washington Times
The Washington Post

The Hill
The Daily Beast

Aaron that was a great fight between DD and the Punisher.....they kicked each others asses...

Wait.. was this a later episode? I've been busy with work recently, and haven't watched the last few. Their earlier fight was pretty badass though.

It has nothing to do with political incorrectness. That's a narrative Trump supporters created, and ran with. The same man who backed out of a debate because a woman asked him a question he didn't like. The man who threatened to sue over a negative ad. He's a loud-mouthed, thin-skinned pussy.

Yeah tolerant liberals, thin skinned, loud mouthed, avoid questions and threatens to sue.

Clinton, Sanders campaigns join DNC suit over alleged Arizona voter suppression
www.cnn.com/2016/04/14/politics/dnc-lawsuit-arizona/

Hillary Clinton to sue Arizona over voting rights violations
Salon-Apr 14, 2016

Democratic Party, Clinton and Sanders campaigns to sue Arizona ...
Highly Cited-Washington Post-Apr 14, 2016

Clinton and Sanders Campaigns to Sue Arizona Election Officials
In-Depth-New York Times-Apr 14, 2016

Montini: Whoa...Hillary and Democrats suing Arizona over election ...
Opinion-azcentral.com-Apr 14, 2016

Clinton, Sanders and Democratic Party Will Sue Arizona Over ...
In-Depth-VICE News-Apr 14, 2016

DEM%202016%20Debate

1780788_629337787101448_1029084266_n.jpg

29608040-3e27-11e5-a580-5d86ec2e3b6f-1020x784.jpg

526x297-URY.jpg

Trump-Protesters-Klan.jpg

031916_backedup.jpg

Trump-Protesters-Arizona-Rascon-NBC-640x480.jpg

Screenshot-1295.jpg

390-trump-1121.jpg

tumblr_mtsedg7Sug1rudjcro1_1280.jpg

So much for Americans right to vote and having Civil Rights threatened by librats intimidating free speech

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that the current opposition to Trump is primarily based on style and political incorrectness.
No one on this board is more virulently anti-PC than me, but the fact that he's "not PC" is not nearly enough.

His behavior is a constant, abject embarrassment, and I question whether he has either the temperament or the intellectual capacity for the position.

He strikes me as one of those people who gets his way by simply mauling people through the sheer force of his personality, not his intellectual agility. That won't work when dealing with politicians and foreign leaders who can match egos with him.

Where he stands on any given issue is completely overshadowed by the above. So is comparing him to Obama or anyone else.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that the current opposition to Trump is primarily based on....

Trum is really independent, he does not need the money of the banksters, that is the reason why he is so hated by the establishment that is selling America, and that is the reason why Americans see in Trum the last chance to save the country which is going down the drain.

Your basic premise is wrong "the current opposition to Trump is primarily based on style and political incorrectness."

Your other premise, "It also seems to include a suggestion of racism, even though this inference is derived solely from his positions on immigration and national security." asks people to as accept racism based on immigration and national security, as somehow not really racism or worse -- justifiable racism.

Supporters of Trump may want to pivot and change the subject. I say good luck with that, and I totally mean that. Good luck

There is not much else constructive to say to you on this subject.
Yo retard, you DO know the difference between legal and ILLEGAL immigration?
And yeah, let's have more Muslims as that idea is working real well in Europe.

I like some of his positions, but NOT the way he presents them or the way he thinks we should go about solving them. He could have taken up the cross on immigration, and jobs, and trade in a more civil manner, not based on anger, and racism and still accomplished what many citizens want...

Democrats have been hot on this issue of jobs and incentives written in to tax code that is solely for the corporation with no thought to us citizens. It has been the Republican establishment stance that has thwarted any efforts of Democrats to reign it in...

It has been the Republican stance of not fining and jailing employers till the cows come home on hiring illegals, NOT the Democratic Party's stance...the Chamber of Commerce and the small business association have lobbied Republicans to support the laxer fines and consequences of hiring illegals...which is the sole reason we have so many illegals here....jobs given to them.

If there were no jobs for them to be hired, they wouldn't come. Mr. Trump's position is costly and half ass and has not been thought through thoroughly, though admirable that he has gone against the GOP/RNC to take on this crisis...his solution to solving it, is costly and simply does not get to the root of the problem in a realistic financial manner nor in a diplomatic or presidential manner....

The Wall is good in strategic areas as a temporary fix, areas where the big population concentration exists and where border agents can get to those climbing over it quickly, but the wall across dessert and mountainous areas in scarcely populated regions where the illegal is more likely to die before crossing, is a waste of money...money that could be better spent elsewhere on Border control...or better spent on deporting the illegals that have committed felonious crimes here....Money does not grow on trees.

Deporting all those here illegally is an impossible feat....it's is too costly to do, since all of these people being deported according to our laws on the books, are given their day in court, before deporting them.... he says he is a man of laws and we should enforce our laws, yet is ignorant on what the laws really are that he would have to follow...so to me on this topic, he is ALL TALK AND NO ACTION and can't be taken in the way he implies they could....and lastly, even illegals are human beings, God's children and should not be disparaged by calling most all of them rapists and murders etc...this was extremely unpresidential and unnecessary to accomplish his goal.

His tax plan does what all RNC/GOP tax plans do, while giving the middle class crumbs, the tax cuts benefit the wealthiest the most....and since the wealthiest have already accumulated the most wealth ownership in this Nation per capita with the middle class losing ground, do they truly need even more tax cuts than they have already been given the past 50 years, only to take an even larger share?

He speaks before he thinks. This is not what I believe makes a good President and could be and would be extremely detrimental to our Nation....he lacks class....and some would say morals as well...though these things can be overcome, he doesn't seem willing to overcome them...he appears to be too narcissistic.

There are a lot of other issues that I agree on the surface with Mr. Trump on, but his mouth always gets in the way of thoroughly thinking these things through and coming up with realistic solutions...maybe if he had a lot of Democratic members in his cabinet, those shortcomings of his could be overcome as well? Who knows?

Right now though, he appears ridiculous to me...uncouth, racist, and just plain dumb...all because of his arrogance and ignorance on how the law and congress and our constitution really works....and his foot in mouth disease, is uncontrollable.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that the current opposition to Trump is primarily based on style and political incorrectness. It also seems to include a suggestion of racism, even though this inference is derived solely from his positions on immigration and national security.

IF it becomes a Presidential election between Trump and Clinton, what OBJECTIVE standards would you apply in deciding how you would vote?

For me, Trump's direct approaches to immigration, trade, national security, jobs and the economy are favorable factors, as opposed to Clinton's vacillation on these issues. (In other words, he says what he WILL do, whereas she talks about what she WON'T do.)

Please avoid name calling and explain the specific standards you employ in evaluating these candidates.

If Trump were an adult in his conduct I would be on board, I think everyone in the country is absolutely tired of the same old bull and it would be great to get someone in that does not play ball with any of the establishment and has the resources to not be bought off. But this isn't the guy to try this with. Again if he were an adult in his mannerisms and speaking and thoughts, different story. But he isn't. Everything out of his mouth is "no one is better than me, at anything". An adult would not have such a thought to begin with, let alone let it slip out of their mouth.

I have numerous problems with Trump on policy. It's true, his stance on illegal immigration is attractive, it's what drew me to him in the beginning, however... he has had some stumbles. When asked about the policy regarding "anchor babies" he says "they have to go." Well... he doesn't tell us HOW this is going to happen. It will take an act of Congress to make that happen, the president can't do anything about it. So when you try to nail him down more specifically on something like this, he says... well maybe we'll have to look at it... take it case by case... Okay, now you're violating equal protection and the 14th Amendment. We can't have "tailor made" law that applies in some circumstances but not others.

My first inklings of disagreement with Trump was when he began bashing on Ben Carson as "someone who is damaged" and suggested he was equivalent of a child molester. Ironically, a few months later and he is literally defending Carson against "Lyin' Ted!" Trump continues to play the populist in the moment, saying what is popular at any given time then turning on a dime when the heat comes. A great example of this was in Iowa when he came out in support of Ethanol subsidies. Not only did he say he supports them, he said he plans to EXPAND them. This is one of the most wasteful government spending programs and corporate welfare giveaways we have. We would literally do more for energy to just burn the money as fuel. As a fiscal conservative, how are we to reign in runaway government spending if we are going to cave on arguably the most worthless spending program out there?

On trade... all Trump says is that we're going to negotiate better trade deals. Well how are you going to do that where trade deals already exist? How many trade partners are going to say... okay, let's do away with this sweet deal we have now and make a new deal where we get screwed? Oh yeah... tariffs baby! We're going to slap tariffs on your foreign imports and make you pay! Well, that results in a trade war and ironically, is the exact same policy enacted by Herbert Hoover which prompted the financial collapse which brought us the worst depression in history.

On national security... Trump says, that's easy... we just take their oil! Okay... How you gonna do that without massive numbers of boots on the ground and armored vehicles and tanks, etc.? Is NATO going to help in this endeavor or are we on our own? How are other powerful nations going to feel about the US taking control of huge amounts of the world's oil supply? None of this is really addressed by Trump, we are simply assured it is going to be Yuge!

My "final straw" with Trump was the sleazy way he has gone after Ted Cruz, a strong constitutional conservative who has stood up to the establishment elite, made a strong stand on illegal immigration, trade policy, government waste, etc. Cruz challenges Trump on his many waffling positions and Trump's response is "Lyin' Ted!" Instead of working toward unification of the party, Trump has done everything he can to fracture the party further and create a chasm that can't be recovered from in the general election. It's almost as if he is working on behalf of Hillary Clinton to destroy any chance the Republicans have in November. He REFUSES to debate Cruz one-on-one, even though the party has traditionally held such debates in the past. Trump just decided "we've had enough debates" and that's the end of the story.

Forum List

Back