Why are old threads so slow?

Thanks. No perceptible difference for me between that one and a shorter thread I picked from my subscribed threads list.

Well, I'll duck out now.

Its really slow on mine and it never shows that a post got posted of mine.

I have to leave it and go back to make sure my post is posted.

it takes me three times as long to answer people in it.

Ducking back in.

Yes, that's also where I have experienced occasional slow times - when I've made or edited comments.

So, not so much in simply downloading the page. But maybe in submitting comments.

BRB.

I just posted a test comment in your long thread and sure enough ... quite the delay. I counted up to 38-one-thousand before it finally posted.

Edit to add: In contrast this post went through in less than two seconds.

I have a superfast connection and the long threads are super slow

It's really hard to diagnose a "computer" problem with very limited information. Is it only here on the USMB or are the large data loads slow on other sites? What sort of "superfast" connection do you have (which provider)? What sort of computer security are you using? Which browser?
What type of processor, how much RAM.......? The list of questions goes on any one of those could contribute to the problem.

Run this....

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Give us your ping, download speed, and upload speed results, and we may be able to help you figure out what your problem is.

I suggested that. She's too damned dumb to do it.

Maybe she can ask her butt buddy Bawney Fwanks to help her run it? :dunno:

I think she is under the impression that having 'superfast' broadband means that's what she gets. :eusa_shhh::lol:

It's really hard to diagnose a "computer" problem with very limited information. Is it only here on the USMB or are the large data loads slow on other sites? What sort of "superfast" connection do you have (which provider)? What sort of computer security are you using? Which browser?
What type of processor, how much RAM.......? The list of questions goes on any one of those could contribute to the problem.

It's superfast! They said 56K was the FASTESTEST dial-up they could give her, I swear!

Run this....

Give us your ping, download speed, and upload speed results, and we may be able to help you figure out what your problem is.

She'll probably have a tantrum if she doesn't get results like mine...

ping 36ms, download 23.83 Mbps, upload 3.43 Mbps.

But then again, how many people have Colossus/Guardian access?? :dunno:

Run this....

:eek:

:eusa_shhh:

:lol:

Run this....

I got 18ms

7.95 download, 7.49 upload.

I dunno if that's good or not. At a certain point speed becomes pointless. Fast enough for me means I don't have to wait. And I don't, so I'm good.

:eek:

:eusa_shhh:

:lol:

LaughingDog.gif

I got 18ms

I dunno if that's good or not. At a certain point speed becomes pointless. Fast enough for me means I don't have to wait. And I don't, so I'm good.

Outside of the download speed, you've got a damn fast connection. Looking at the other scores, are you sure you're download speed is correct? 8 Mbps download is almost dial up connection speed.

I got 18ms

Outside of the download speed, you've got a damn fast connection. Looking at the other scores, are you sure you're download speed is correct? 8 Mbps download is almost dial up connection speed.

I'm at work, so I think it has to go through some security checks/firewalls/chinese passport scrutiny before downloading?

I know there's a shit-ton of stuff on the web I can't access here as the software does its scans.

There's really no lag at all on my end though, not even close to dial-up. Everything is instantaneous.

Forum List

Back