Why are liberals so intolerant?

Liberals are intolerant because they are remaking the whole world. It is a war and treasonous ideas aren't acceptable in the kind of total war liberals are waging. The ends of planetary peace and equality of prosperity justify the means of intolerance. Once the ideas and opinions of dissenters are eliminated there will be no need for intolerance, we will all be thinking the same way.

Sounds like the religious right also.

links in article at site

SNIP:
posted at 1:16 pm on August 1, 2012 by Rob Bluey

Mike Huckabee, the Family Research Council and others have declared this Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day. And while Americans should head to the chicken-sandwich restaurant to show their support, they should also take the opportunity to reflect on the intolerant left.
Watching liberals react to Dan Cathy’s comments on marriage and family over the past two weeks revealed their real agenda: shut down and silence anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

Big-city mayors from Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., vowed to use their political clout to keep Chick-fil-A out of their cities. When the company’s top spokesman died unexpectedly last week, one liberal friend of mine declared on Facebook, “Oh, karma, you crafty bitch.”

I thought liberals were the ones preaching tolerance?

The Chick-fil-A kerfuffle helped clarify a point conservatives have been making for years.

Liberals are interested in debate only when they’re winning. And on the issue of marriage, they’re 0-for-32 in states that have put the question to voters.

That offers some explanation why mayors Tom Menino, Rahm Emanuel, Ed Lee and Vincent Gray promised to punish Cathy because of his differing view on marriage. What’s scary, though, is that individuals with this much clout think it’s appropriate to use that power to exact the punishment.

Never mind that Chick-fil-A takes no position on homosexual marriage, a point the company reiterated during the media firestorm. It didn’t matter. Liberal journalists fanned the flames by deeming Cathy’s comments endorsing the “biblical definition of the family unit“ as anti-gay.
And to make matters worse for the mayors, Chick-fil-A hires employees and serves customers without regard to their sexual orientation. So in this case, the only people discriminating are the mayors.

Sadly, this is a trend that’s played out too frequently of late.

the rest here
Why are liberals so intolerant? « Hot Air

So liberals are supposed to be tolerant of intolerance?

That's the old excuse.

Why are liberals so intolerant? I'm sorry, but liberals ARE tolerant. Why aren't conservatives tolerant of gay people? Why do conservatives feel the need to force their religion on everyone?

Why are liberals so intolerant? I'm sorry, but liberals ARE tolerant. Why aren't conservatives tolerant of gay people? Why do conservatives feel the need to force their religion on everyone?

You are right to feel sorry. Being that intolerant and stupid is indeed something to be sorry about.

You are right to feel sorry. Being that intolerant and stupid is indeed something to be sorry about.

I'm sorry, do you have anything relevant to add to this discussion?

I'm sorry, do you have anything relevant to add to this discussion?

You've already made your contribution by demonstrating your intolerance.

Why do both liberals and conservatives maintain that only they are the tolerant side?

This absurdity and absence of simple logic is rather comical. They're 2 sides of the same coin ffs. Both are tolerant of what they "feel" (yeah I said it) is right and are wholly intolerant of what they believe is wrong. Everyone (except libs and cons apparently) knows that right and wrong are relative. The hilarity of liberal-conservative mudslinging/pissing contests is that both sides are too blind to realize how similar they are.

"right and Wrong are relaative"

Moron alert....and ironic "everyone knows" coud we call this "relative intolerance"?

Why do both liberals and conservatives maintain that only they are the tolerant side?

This absurdity and absence of simple logic is rather comical. They're 2 sides of the same coin ffs. Both are tolerant of what they "feel" (yeah I said it) is right and are wholly intolerant of what they believe is wrong. Everyone (except libs and cons apparently) knows that right and wrong are relative. The hilarity of liberal-conservative mudslinging/pissing contests is that both sides are too blind to realize how similar they are.

Actually, I don't know of many conservatives that claim to be "tolerant" or brag about it. It is liberals that do not seem to understand that their demands that everyone tolerate them, but refusal to "return the favor" is the issue. As Don't Taz Me Bro stated, liberals beat their chests and say "look at me, I'm so tolerant, why can't you all be like me" in one breathe and with the very next breathe they are condemning the CEO of Chick-fil-a for making the simple statement that he supports the idea of traditional marriage and condemning anyone else that agrees with him.

Immie

Actually, I don't know of many conservatives that claim to be "tolerant" or brag about it. It is liberals that do not seem to understand that their demands that everyone tolerate them, but refusal to "return the favor" is the issue. As Don't Taz Me Bro stated, liberals beat their chests and say "look at me, I'm so tolerant, why can't you all be like me" in one breathe and with the very next breathe they are condemning the CEO of Chick-fil-a for making the simple statement that he supports the idea of traditional marriage and condemning anyone else that agrees with him.

Immie

Case in point and believe it or not, I had not read this post before I made mine.

Immie

links in article at site

SNIP:

Mike Huckabee, the Family Research Council and others have declared this Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day. And while Americans should head to the chicken-sandwich restaurant to show their support, they should also take the opportunity to reflect on the intolerant left.
Watching liberals react to Dan Cathy’s comments on marriage and family over the past two weeks revealed their real agenda: shut down and silence anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

Big-city mayors from Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., vowed to use their political clout to keep Chick-fil-A out of their cities. When the company’s top spokesman died unexpectedly last week, one liberal friend of mine declared on Facebook, “Oh, karma, you crafty bitch.”

The Chick-fil-A kerfuffle helped clarify a point conservatives have been making for years.

Liberals are interested in debate only when they’re winning. And on the issue of marriage, they’re 0-for-32 in states that have put the question to voters.

That offers some explanation why mayors Tom Menino, Rahm Emanuel, Ed Lee and Vincent Gray promised to punish Cathy because of his differing view on marriage. What’s scary, though, is that individuals with this much clout think it’s appropriate to use that power to exact the punishment.

Never mind that Chick-fil-A takes no position on homosexual marriage, a point the company reiterated during the media firestorm. It didn’t matter. Liberal journalists fanned the flames by deeming Cathy’s comments endorsing the “biblical definition of the family unit“ as anti-gay.
And to make matters worse for the mayors, Chick-fil-A hires employees and serves customers without regard to their sexual orientation. So in this case, the only people discriminating are the mayors.

the rest here

Celebrating bigotry by saying those opposed to bigotry are intolerant! Psycho post of the month, so far.

links in article at site

SNIP:

the rest here
Discrimination is Federal law...................

Tolerance will not be tolerated.

Of course not. You'll defend that cocksucker till the very end.

I'm not defending him because I don't read or watch anything from him..
again dear, he's not the topic of this thread

Ok. Glad you don't. But intolerance is not limited to liberals. My point stands.

No, because you know what IS limited to liberals? Smug, self-righteous preaching about how tolerant they are, and how hate-filled everyone else is.

It's not just that you're a bunch of intolerant bigots; it's that you're also a bunch of insufferable hypocrites.

Conservatives don't claim to be "the only tolerant side". Conservatives don't even particularly value "tolerance", at least not the way it's generally meant. The best you'll get from a conservative is indifference: we don't give a damn, as long as you don't make us.

links in article at site

SNIP:

the rest here
the faggot left are insane !!

Honey, there's no "tolerance" involved when it comes to people you approve of. That's like saying the Pope "tolerates" Catholics.

If you want to see how "tolerant" liberals are, you don't look at their relationship with the homosexual community. You look at how they treat people they don't like. They bully them, they publicly attack them, they vandalize their property, they stage protests that last months and costs huge amounts of money, they organize boycotts and try to get them fired.

Conservatives, on the other hand, are quite tolerant of homosexuals. We don't agree with their life choices, that's quite true. But until and unless they drag their "private lives" out into the public arena, we ignore them. We don't give a rat's ass what they do with their lives, as long as we're not asked to participate.

On the other hand, if you DO choose to drag your "private life" into the public arena, you don't get to then piss and whine about "having your religion forced on me" when I choose not to agree with and approve of you. If you didn't want to hear my honest opinion, you shouldn't have asked. If you wanted to force my opinion to agree with yours, fuck off.

Here's a hint, tweeko: don't believe everything your half-assed, liberal Australian press tells you about American politics. God knows, you have enough comprehension problems without that.

Forum List

Back