Who's Afraid of an Open Debate? The Truth About the Commission on Presidential Debat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ERGO, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ERGO

ERGO Bursting Bubbles

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Who's Afraid of an Open Debate? The Truth About the Commission on Presidential Debates

Third Party Candidate – On the Ballot In 50 States – Files Lawsuit Demanding Inclusion in Presidential Debates

Alleges Anti-Trust Violation By Democratic and Republican Parties

The Presidential Debate Commission (PDC) is run by former chairmen of the Democratic and Republican parties. The debates almost always exclude third-party candidates.

Gary Johnson is looking to change that.

The Libertarian candidate for president – who will be on all 50 states’ ballots this election, and who is currently polling at around 5% of the vote – Johnson (and his vice presidential running mate, retired judge Jim Gray) have filed an antitrust lawsuit against the PDC for excluding them from the debates:

The Gov. Gary Johnson/Judge Jim Gray Campaign has filed an antitrust lawsuit against the Democrats, Republicans, & the Commission on Presidential Debates for antitrust and anticompetitive acts. The voters deserve competition!

The lawsuit comes after the PDC’s failure to respond to the following letter from Johnson last month: Read about here
    Third Party Candidate – Who Is On the Ballot In All 50 States – Files Lawsuit Demanding Inclusion in Presidential Debates - Washington's Blog

Check out this video: The Truth About the Commission on Presidential Debates

Who's Afraid of an Open Debate? The Truth About the Commission on Presidential Debates - YouTube!

2. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Johnson should be included.

3. ERGO

ERGO Bursting Bubbles

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Yes I agree. You should watch the video I posted, it exposes what really goes on behind the scene.

4. beretta304

beretta304 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73

I will when I get a minute. Maybe later today between games. Thanks.

5. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    The demopublicraticans hijacked the debates from the League of Women voters after they included Ross Perot in the '92 debates.

You get to choose, as long as you choose one of the statist ruling class windbags.

6. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,967
    The debate format is a joke anyone. I'd much rather watch the candidates argue amongst themselves than to have "objective" moderators......of all liberals