Whoa! Amazing!

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
link

Mo. Dog Wins Hero Award for Saving Farmer

WOODLAND HILLS, Calif. - A border collie and golden retriever mix from Missouri has won the National Hero Dog award for alerting her owner that her husband was pinned underneath a tractor.
Eight-year-old Shannon, who lives on an 80-acre farm in Washington, Mo., accepted the 23rd annual National Hero Dog award Friday with her owners Ted and Peggy Mandry.

The award does not honor trained rescue dogs but "a companion animal that's well-treated and has bonded with the family,

Mandry was unloading debris about a quarter-mile from his house when a parked tractor popped out of gear, rolled down a ravine and toppled into a 10-foot deep gully. The tractor's front end loader trapped Mandry's right leg.

Peggy Mandry, who thought her husband was out mowing hay, stepped out for a while and Shannon was locked inside the house.

When she returned, Shannon was howling and scratching at the door.

"The dog became more persistent, as if she was having an attack of diarrhea," Peggy Mandry, 65, recalled.

When she was let out, Shannon bolted from the door, dragging Peggy Mandry through the pasture and into the wood.

"I was bleeding, I began to get weaker. I reached a point where there was either going to be a minor miracle or this was it for me," said Ted Mandry, 65. "At that point, my wife and my dog came to the edge of the gully."

Wow!

Forum List

Back