Who would have thought an American...

I couldn't resist

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWS2gpnWpvU[/ame]

I blame satan

I wonder if this same kind of bickering was happening as Rome fell ?
I say yes.

Think about the nation you live in having a "war college" that teaches the easiest way to win a war is not with guns. It is to divide the people against one another and they will destroy themselves.

It's working like a champ. I call it The Idiocracy.

Surprised that some gay hater from Utah wants to rule over DC relationships? Really?

Seriously though, fuck these guys.

The party which supports states rights and local control - if and only if it fits their agenda.
The District is not a state. Not even close.

Will you stop interrupting the ranting of the whiners with facts. It's cruel - stupidity is a choice they have made. Allow them to make that choice for themselves. :lol:

Political Party would deny to our citizens the right to liberty and self determination?
Watch now as the once GOP works against some citizens of the District to deprive them of the right to marry.
The Party of Lincoln has now become the Party of Avarice, Bigotry and Censorship - and nothing about the Republican Party is grand.

Luckily for the residents of DC, the Congress is controlled by the DEMS, so any blockage will have to be supported by the DEMS.

The Republicans have absolutely no power in this government at this time.

What is your worry?

Political Party would deny to our citizens the right to liberty and self determination?
Watch now as the once GOP works against some citizens of the District to deprive them of the right to marry.
The Party of Lincoln has now become the Party of Avarice, Bigotry and Censorship - and nothing about the Republican Party is grand.

obama is against gay marriage....

i wonder why you don't mention him or other dems opposed to gay marriage :eusa_whistle:

cause he's an asswipe! :eusa_whistle: btw Democrats control 74% of the voting block in DC.. so you asswipes can find someone else to blame.. Pathetic

Democratic voters have not changed much, maintaining a 74 percent majority in the city, according to statistics. About 2 percent of voters are registered with the D.C. Statehood Green Party, 16 percent are registered as nonpartisan and 1 percent belong to other small parties.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/03/AR2008090301241.html

Last edited:
Deflection is looking like the Emperor has no clothes at this point. Somebody else is going to have to tell him. I'm laughing my ass off.

Actually giving out marriage licenses that force other people to recognize a belief that they find deeply immoral is interfering with their right of self-determinations such as forcing insurance companies to provide benefits to same sex couples even if the owner of that company is deeply religious and does not agree with that belief himself. At that point you are interfering with that owner's right of self-determination to determine how they are going to live their own lives.

And state's rights are just state's rights and DC is not a state but a federal district that has laws of its own so each one of us has the right to determine what laws the federal government can have over its own city-state since each one of us are citizen's of the federal government but because each one of us are also citizens of our own state governments then a citizen of arizona does not have a right to decide what laws a government of another state will pass.

BTW, gays are not forbidden to get married. There is no such law on the book that prevents them from walking into a church that is OK with that belief and getting married under that religion's authority. That ability exist for hetreo and homos equally but what does not exist is the ability to obtain a superficial document issued by the state that says you are married.

Ours is a nation of laws, not a theocracy. I find your stupidity deeply immoral (by the laws of my church, the order of the holy doughnut); but do I deny you the right to put forth your stupid opinions? Never (you actually provide some humor)!
Do you ever fact check your opinions? I suggest you do, unless you like being thought of as a fool.
One more thought. Your second paragraph? I hope it's a series of typos.

DC is not a state unless you say "the district of columbia" when you count all fifty states and the last time I checked no one does that. DC is a federal jurisdiction so the federal government has whatever right it has to write whatever laws it wants for that city because DC is not a part of any state jurisdiction.

"Ours is a nation of laws, not a theocracy." duh! I keep being told this as if we are creating a theocracy but our nation is not ruled by a church like the vatican is and no one is forbidden to practice the faith that they wish despite the christmas trees that get funded by tax dollars. That is because of the first amendment. It protects our right to worship at whatever church we want because the state can't "establish" a church of their own nor can it create laws that forbids the practice of certain religions. That would be the beginning of a theocracy not simply writing laws inline with peoples religious morality such as "though shall not murder" or "though shall not steal". Should we repeal those laws because they are creating a theocracy?

Now you may disagree with some laws that are being proposed but they do not violate the first amendment. You are free to repeal them through the democratic process established in our constitution.

Except no one has been denied anything.

Um, we've always known that the religious right is inconsistent with their "small government" claim: Theocracy Big Government is OK, others no. And even some forms of drunken spending are OK.

NO wonder these guys lose relevance daily.

The imaginary theocracy that exist in your head. I don't see one because in most theocracies citizens are forbidden to practice the religion of their choice and their is an official state church. I've checked and there is not one. You just don't like the laws being proposed so you have to find some first amendment argument to cancel them out.

Actually giving out marriage licenses that force other people to recognize a belief that they find deeply immoral is interfering with their right of self-determinations such as forcing insurance companies to provide benefits to same sex couples even if the owner of that company is deeply religious and does not agree with that belief himself. At that point you are interfering with that owner's right of self-determination to determine how they are going to live their own lives.

And state's rights are just state's rights and DC is not a state but a federal district that has laws of its own so each one of us has the right to determine what laws the federal government can have over its own city-state since each one of us are citizen's of the federal government but because each one of us are also citizens of our own state governments then a citizen of arizona does not have a right to decide what laws a government of another state will pass.

BTW, gays are not forbidden to get married. There is no such law on the book that prevents them from walking into a church that is OK with that belief and getting married under that religion's authority. That ability exist for hetreo and homos equally but what does not exist is the ability to obtain a superficial document issued by the state that says you are married.

Ours is a nation of laws, not a theocracy. I find your stupidity deeply immoral (by the laws of my church, the order of the holy doughnut); but do I deny you the right to put forth your stupid opinions? Never (you actually provide some humor)!
Do you ever fact check your opinions? I suggest you do, unless you like being thought of as a fool.

DC is not a state unless you say "the district of columbia" when you count all fifty states and the last time I checked no one does that. DC is a federal jurisdiction so the federal government has whatever right it has to write whatever laws it wants for that city because DC is not a part of any state jurisdiction.

"Ours is a nation of laws, not a theocracy." duh! I keep being told this as if we are creating a theocracy but our nation is not ruled by a church like the vatican is and no one is forbidden to practice the faith that they wish despite the christmas trees that get funded by tax dollars. That is because of the first amendment. It protects our right to worship at whatever church we want because the state can't "establish" a church of their own nor can it create laws that forbids the practice of certain religions. That would be the beginning of a theocracy not simply writing laws inline with peoples religious morality such as "though shall not murder" or "though shall not steal". Should we repeal those laws because they are creating a theocracy?

Now you may disagree with some laws that are being proposed but they do not violate the first amendment. You are free to repeal them through the democratic process established in our constitution.

I suggest you and Ca. Girl get together. You may learn how to construct a sentence, and she may learn that her ideology places her in the class of illiterates.

Oh please, come up for some air, and remove the corrupt Democrat ball bag from your throat. I don't blame you for your anger, but even a slave to Democrats like yourself has to admit this entire show is a Democrat clown show now.

Oh please, come up for some air, and remove the corrupt Democrat ball bag from your throat. I don't blame you for your anger, but even a slave to Democrats like yourself has to admit this entire show is a Democrat clown show now.

Hardly.

It's more like the Reagan Congress where the Republicans united with the Dixiecrats.

And the Dimocrats and so called progressives want to make us all live by "good for you" laws.

After all they know better than we do what we should eat, how we should live, raise our kids, what kind of insurance to buy, how much we should exhale etc and they are prepared to pass laws to make sure we live the way they tell us to,.

And not only will they pass laws, they will tax us even further into poverty to raise the sacred revenues needed to enforce those laws and to reeducate us so that we will conform

Seems to me that is an infringement on our liberties.

Last edited:
And the Dimocrats and so called progressives want to make is all live by "good for you" laws.

After all they know better than we do what we should eat, how we should live, raise our kids, what kind of insurance to buy, how much we should exhale etc and they are prepared to pass laws to make sure we live the way they tell us to,.

And not only will they pass laws, they will tax us even further into poverty to raise the sacred revenues needed to enforce those laws and to reeducate us so that we will conform

Face it, your political system is fucked...one of the worst in the western world by a long shot....Yet you'll still get on your high horse and tell the rest of us how "free" you are, and how all the other western countries suck. If the US is so great, how come 99 percent of Yanks of ALL political persuasions are always crapping on how fucked it all is..

...oh the irony...

And the Dimocrats and so called progressives want to make is all live by "good for you" laws.

Face it, your political system is fucked...one of the worst in the western world by a long shot....Yet you'll still get on your high horse and tell the rest of us how "free" you are, and how all the other western countries suck. If the US is so great, how come 99 percent of Yanks of ALL political persuasions are always crapping on how fucked it all is..

...oh the irony...

You don't hear me preaching. I've been railing about our loss of liberties for a long time.

But then again you live in a country where people like being taxed up the ass.

You don't hear me preaching. I've been railing about our loss of liberties for a long time.

Nobody likes being taxed at all - well most people. I don't mind being taxed, what I do mind is two things:
1) How much
2) What it's spent on..

The second part is what skeeves me...most govts (including both mine)...waste a lot. in saying that, having lived in Oz for two years, they definitely waste more than at home

BTW, I think our tax rates, overall, are better than yours....:O)

Nobody likes being taxed at all - well most people. I don't mind being taxed, what I do mind is two things:
1) How much
2) What it's spent on..

The second part is what skeeves me...most govts (including both mine)...waste a lot. in saying that, having lived in Oz for two years, they definitely waste more than at home

BTW, I think our tax rates, overall, are better than yours....:O)

They very well may be. After all we're on a mission to have higher taxes than any other country.

Forum List

Back