Who won?

Who won the debate?

• Bush

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Kerry

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bush looked very confident, very personable, and made his points extremely well (especially in pointing out Kerry's record).

favorite quote: "You can run, but you can't hide" from your voting record senetor Kerry

Bush came out very strong during the first 15 min and during the abortion issue, but other than that he left open many key opportunties to attack Kerry.

Overall, I'd have to say that this debate either goes in Kerry's favor or is a tie, in which case Kerry still wins since he will continue holding the lead in Ohio and Penn.

I thought Bush did absolutely wonerful!!!!!!! Bush dominated this debate with confidence,facts and a little charm. This was the George Bush we all know. The media is going to critisize the hell out of him,and i say ignore them-they are not in touch with the American people.

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1: for G.W.!!!!!!!!

Did you see at the very end of the debate when they cut the mic's off and Bush leaned over to Kerry and said something then started laughing. You know what he said, He said I just kicked your ass you slimeball!

:teeth: :teeth:

The president really collected himself and did a much better job in this debate. I'd call it a draw, possibly leaning toward the president's column. He was straightforward on abortion, and Kerry had to say 90 seconds of nothing in order to not anger the pro-life camp, however I think he filled the time decently.

I want to hear more from the president about embrionic stem cells that will remain frozen or be destroyed and why these aren't viable for use in research.

My favorite quote: "Want some wood?" :lame2:

I thought that quote was funny :teeth:

Personally I thought Bush did very well. So much better that Friday.

President Bush is at his finest in a setting where he can exploit one of his strongest assets - the ability to convey his feelings in plain, conversational English. In other words, he is absolutely unafraid to speak the truth of his heart.

One pundit opined that each candidate played well to his base. Maybe that's pretty close to the truth. For my part, the President had me cheering and shouting several times. I think he took some people's breath away when he categorically denied that he will seek the draft.

To sum it up, I think that President Bush did a great job of exposing John Kerry's attempt to hide who he essentially, ideologically is (The Senator won't raise your taxes? That's just not credible - look at his record!), while showing himself to be, as always, an open book. Way to go, Mr. President - kick ass!

I think the President won that debate clearly. I thought it was great to see them both going out it strong. But i think Kerry deffinately had alot of steam taken out of him. There were alot of parts on his record that he couldnt answer. Bush hit him hard on voting to cut the intelligence budget. I think the President could have hit him harder on medicare by pointing out that Kerry's vote in 98 is whats responsible for the medicare increases.

I think it was funny to see the President call Senator Kerry Senator Kennedy at one point. I am not sure where Senator Kerry was going to with the logging company. what the heck was that? I think Kerry looked dumb on that one.

All on that, i think Bush deffinately took it. Kerry was floundering at the end with the questions on Stem cell research and Abortion.

I think Republicans would be wise in the next debate to focus on the strong economic growth in the last year and use Democrats "its more of the same" soundbyte against them. If the President does it right John Kerry will ask us if we want more of the same and then President Bush will go. Well i hope we do want more of the same. The same growth weve seen the last year. the same success on the war on terror. And spell out the domestic agenda for the next four years. I dont think John Kerry is as successful on the domestic agenda as Democrats brag and if Bush can be strong in the next debate it will be a landslide.

theim said:
I especially found it funny that Kerry claimed calling him liberal was a scare tactic

Immediately followed by a minute and a half of scaremongering by Kerry himself!

I've noticed a pattern in the last week or so among the board libs - a sort of "let's get away from all this LABELING" mantra, which Kerry also chanted tonight. Could it be that these labels are finding their mark?

Yeah - let's stop using labels like "flip-flopper" and "liberal". Let's officialy declare them "invalid" - that will make it so.

Well, I don't like labels either. Stuff like "old" and "balding" really grates on my nerves!

theim said:
But all the polls show Kerry won :wtf:

I think Bush may be done for after losing 2 debates.

They got an e-mail for talking points that told them to go to the sites and vote for Kerry immediately after the debate.

The media may attempt to say Kerry won, they want it to be close at least so they can get the viewers.

theim said:
But all the polls show Kerry won :wtf:

I think Bush may be done for after losing 2 debates.

Kind of goes to the point I was making:

"Let's say that Kerry won - THAT'll make it so!"

Kerry lost. its obvious from the spin. The Kerry camp is trying very hard to spin kerry's record. They are on the defensive now. I think the Republicans got another strong video from Kerrys commends tonight. Democrats are again focusing on the Presidents appearing angry. Is that all t hey have?

I've already seen it on this board tonight. The libs are all agog over, "want some wood?", pathetically hoping against hope that they've uncovered some sort of major gaffe by the President. Pitiful.

musicman said:
I've already seen it on this board tonight. The libs are all agog over, "want some wood?", pathetically hoping against hope that they've uncovered some sort of major gaffe by the President. Pitiful.

personally i think that was major gaffe by Kerry. I mean where did a logging company even come from? and i think the Presidents suprise just made Kerry look kinda dumb.

musicman said:
Kind of goes to the point I was making:

"Let's say that Kerry won - THAT'll make it so!"

No, but the spin doctors base their stupid reports on the online after-debate polls. And the Dems are out there voting online, probably multiple times, staying up late, encouraged by their cohorts!

They want the spin victory. See the email I posted (rec'd after the first debate) on this board under I think it's "I'm getting worried." These are the tactics these people use, and that's why it might look like Kerry "won" the debate. BOGUS.

softwaremama said:
No, but the spin doctors base their stupid reports on the online after-debate polls. And the Dems are out there voting online, probably multiple times, staying up late, encouraged by their cohorts!

They want the spin victory. See the email I posted (rec'd after the first debate) on this board under I think it's "I'm getting worried." These are the tactics these people use, and that's why it might look like Kerry "won" the debate. BOGUS.

Oh, I agree. That's why the actual methodology must, and - I believe- shall be exposed for the crock of danrather it actually is. It's a new day, softwaremania. The libs no longer own a stranglehold on information. The blogosphere lives!

Forum List

Back