Who won the debate?

• Bush

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Kerry

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
softwaremama said:
No, but the spin doctors base their stupid reports on the online after-debate polls. And the Dems are out there voting online, probably multiple times, staying up late, encouraged by their cohorts!

They want the spin victory. See the email I posted (rec'd after the first debate) on this board under I think it's "I'm getting worried." These are the tactics these people use, and that's why it might look like Kerry "won" the debate. BOGUS.

If you watched the debate, then it is perfectly clear to you that the President ROCKED! He had Lurch on the defense throughout most of the debate. kerry was steppin' and fetchin' like his tail was on fire and his ass was a catchin'.

So, it doesn't matter to me how the libs try and spin it. I watched the debate, and I saw kerry get his ass handed to him by the Prez. The lib's are scared. They see very clearly their stuffed shirt slipping bad.

If the Democrats feel that the "You want some wood?" comment is a gaffe, then they have lost their sense of humor in the desperation of the moment. It was not only very funny...but it made Kerry look foolish as all hell. They should drop it and concentrate on the areas they can hurt Bush...

For instance:

- I felt it was a mistake for Bush NOT to mention 3 mistakes he has made in politics when he was asked for them.

- I felt it was a mistake for him to get as angry as he did.

- I felt that Kerry could reach out to people who support abortion and possibly stem-cell research by telling them that Bush is most definetly against them.

To dwell on, "You want some wood?" "Internets" or "Senator Kennedy" is like railing on someone here for their spelling when they are making a point...it doesn't make them look foolish...it makes you look like you have lost and have nothing else to fall back on.

Gem said:
They should drop it and concentrate on the areas they can hurt Bush...

For instance:

- I felt it was a mistake for Bush NOT to mention 3 mistakes he has made in politics when he was asked for them.

I don't think so. My IMMEDIATE impression when I heard this woman read that question was that she was a liberal plant that the liberal media moderators had let slip in. I mean who the hell says President Bush "has made" three mistakes? And don't you think the frickin' liberal media would have had all three in "HEADLINES" tomorrow morning? You bet your ass. And was kerry then ALSO going to have to list three things HE DID WRONG?

The question was a knife thrown at the President by the liberals. He dodged it. I thought he did just exactly as he should have.

You have a point, Pale Rider...I was just looking at it more from the angle that the Kerry campaign will use it as one more example of Bush's inability to recognize that he has done anything wrong...always making excuses, out of touch, etc.

I think that some of the undecideds watching thought "good grief, man, can't you EVER admit to doing ANYTHING wrong?!?!? this is ridiculous?!?!?"

I agree wholeheartedly, that it was a bullshit question to end on...completely unfair to Bush...

"Um, Ok...this is going to be the last thing anyone hears tonight...Bush, talk about why they SHOULDN'T vote for you ...and then Kerry you'll have a minute and a half to add to that why YOU think people shouldn't vote for Bush...go."

Typical...there were questions like this in both debates...and not many zingers aimed at Kerry...for example "Senator why did you vote to massively cut intelligence spending after the United States was attacked by terrorists?"

Pale Rider said:
I don't think so. My IMMEDIATE impression when I heard this woman read that question was that she was a liberal plant that the liberal media moderators had let slip in. I mean who the hell says President Bush "has made" three mistakes? And don't you think the frickin' liberal media would have had all three in "HEADLINES" tomorrow morning? You bet your ass. And was kerry then ALSO going to have to list three things HE DID WRONG?

The question was a knife thrown at the President by the liberals. He dodged it. I thought he did just exactly as he should have.

I agree. That was a set up question. I rather like how he responded. Interestingly enough i was just listening to Rush, who i didnt hear earlier but it looks like the President gave a response similar to what Rush was saying about we didnt make mistakes, we made the best judgment we could with the information we had. later we learned more information that would have changed our action but it wasnt a mistake to act on the information you have in the best possible way.

I also like how the President said he would have made a few better appointments. i can make a guess on who those appointments might have been. Bush answered the question without giving the media the sound byte they were asking for.

I thought John Kerry should have responded with three mistakes he made as well or atleast say something. in reference to the question rather than focus on what he thought were the presidents mistakes.

Also, i thought the Presidents closing statements were powerful. John Kerry's seemed defensive. Kerry was trying to justify his "I voted for the 87 billion before i voted against it" comment. He said he made a mistake in how he phrased it but Bush made a mistake in going to war. Senator Kerry is wrong. He didnt make a mistake on how he phrased it. He made a mistake to vote against it. He voted to put the troops in harms way and then opposed giving them the equipment they need to continue that war. And why did he oppose it? Because we wouldnt raise taxes. He thought raising taxes was more important that giving our troops body armor. I wish some of the Bush campaign would point that out.

You have hit upon one of my biggest gripes with Bush in the last two debates...

I am desperate for him to respond to Kerry's latest talking point "I made a mistake in the way I spoke, Bush made a mistake....which is worse" by saying, "No, John...you did not misspeak...you did exactly what you said you did. So I ask Americans, which is worse...admitting to voting for a war and then against sending the necessary funds to the troops fighting it...or trying to twist your war out of it when you're called on it."

If I would have been there , my question for Kerry would have been . . . Why do you and the other people on your side seem to relish hearing about and then shouting about anything bad that is happening to our country , do you feel it is in the best interest of the Democrat party for this administration and our country to fail ?
I was waiting to hear what kind of car Kerry was going to promise to give to all of us when he wins a la Oprah . I am amazed that so many can be fooled again by such a transparent carny style barker promising everything including the moon if he just gets elected .
I would have loved to see the President tell the moderator that No , there will not be another debate , I have a country to run and don't need to waste anymore time with this lightweight or that barbie boy running mate of his.

nakedemperor said:
The president really collected himself and did a much better job in this debate. I'd call it a draw, possibly leaning toward the president's column. He was straightforward on abortion, and Kerry had to say 90 seconds of nothing in order to not anger the pro-life camp, however I think he filled the time decently.

I want to hear more from the president about embrionic stem cells that will remain frozen or be destroyed and why these aren't viable for use in research.

My favorite quote: "Want some wood?" :lame2:

Did you say 'wood'?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13063 :read:

sitarro said:
I am amazed that so many can be fooled again by such a transparent carny style barker promising everything including the moon if he just gets elected.

I know! Look at the transcript of the debate and Kerry's closing statements almost every sentence started with "I have plan to..."

-------------------------

On the issues, he's everywhere you want him to be - Kerry '04

Pale Rider said:
If you watched the debate, then it is perfectly clear to you that the President ROCKED! He had Lurch on the defense throughout most of the debate. kerry was steppin' and fetchin' like his tail was on fire and his ass was a catchin'.

So, it doesn't matter to me how the libs try and spin it. I watched the debate, and I saw kerry get his ass handed to him by the Prez. The lib's are scared. They see very clearly their stuffed shirt slipping bad.

LOL are you a Charlie Daniels fan??? Just curious and I agree

Pale Rider said:

Yep yep and yep, whata bitch! Hell sKerry hasn't had to answer for ANYTHING in his years in the Senate, but shhh nobody seems to wart to bring that up ;-)

Gem said:
You have a point, Pale Rider...I was just looking at it more from the angle that the Kerry campaign will use it as one more example of Bush's inability to recognize that he has done anything wrong...always making excuses, out of touch, etc.

I think that some of the undecideds watching thought "good grief, man, can't you EVER admit to doing ANYTHING wrong?!?!? this is ridiculous?!?!?"

I agree wholeheartedly, that it was a bullshit question to end on...completely unfair to Bush...

"Um, Ok...this is going to be the last thing anyone hears tonight...Bush, talk about why they SHOULDN'T vote for you ...and then Kerry you'll have a minute and a half to add to that why YOU think people shouldn't vote for Bush...go."

Typical...there were questions like this in both debates...and not many zingers aimed at Kerry...for example "Senator why did you vote to massively cut intelligence spending after the United States was attacked by terrorists?"

No chit, and BTW lame duck Senator Skerry we shall give you a pass onyour voting and non-voting record for the past 20 plus years. :(

It's very simple to determine. The media is willing to admit to a draw. Since we all know ( and finding out more) about media bias, this would make Bush the obvious real winner.

personally i think that was major gaffe by Kerry. I mean where did a logging company even come from? and i think the Presidents suprise just made Kerry look kinda dumb.

Dumb and desperate--apparently Bush made $ 84 on some investment that was obviously made for him by a financial manager. Kerry had apparently kept this little factoid in his botox brain to use against Bush? His response was great. Humorous to the point the that it meant so little to him that he would give it away. I loved it !!!!!!!!!

The media is just as full of crap as Kerry. They have been extremely hard on Bush the last 2 debates. Even Fox news was very hard on him. I told my husband last night,I guess Fox is trying to prove they aren't bias toward the right,so they are over critisizing Bush. I agree with no1tovote4 in that if they call it a tie,people keepwatching and ratings stay up. AS far as the polls go,something is CLEARLY going on,i.e. flooding all the polls with Democrat callers. Bush was totallly comortable talking to the American people face to face.Kerry was stiff and didn't have anything to defend his Liberal record and noteven being there to vote along with John Edwards. How could the media not pick this out?!!!!! The media is also all over the place with their poll reporting. Either they are nuts(which is probably the case),or whoever taking the polls is incredibly bias. For example,a couple of days ago Bush led Ohio by 10points,then suddenly he is neck and neck with Kerry? A Democrat has only won this state 1 time in a Presidential race,and that was Bill Clinton. Bottom line is that the media is trying to control this election and it's a crock of total sh!t!!!!!

BTW-did anyone hear about some sort of memgate at ABC? My mom called last night and said that some mem was going around at ABC to crtisize BUsh more and go easier on Kerry. Supposedly FOx news had found a couple of employees that had copies.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
IMO: Bush's best public appearance yet. (Maybe a tie with his post-9/11 sppech to the nation.)

He was totally ON last night - I was amazed!!!

I'm sure the Dems will accuse him of cheating but I thought it was GREAT when he overrode the moderator and responded to Kerry's statement about us going it alone.

I loved it when Kerry, the supposed master debater(no jokes on this please), was stuttering and stumbling. :lame2:

I must admit that over the past few years, I've had my doubts at times about how intelligent Bush really is. His articulate peformance last night has removed all doubt from my mind.

Way to go, GWB! What a stud!

I really like how the momentum has shift. Bush was the underdog, he shifted the momentum by putting Kerry on the defensive. Democrats have to be seriously worried because all theyve been doing is trying to defend Kerrys record. Honestly even with the poor preformance last time i think Bush has decisively won both debates. I know what the polls said about the first debate. they thought Kerry won but more people agreed with Bush. Both debates Republicans have come out with great material from Kerry to hammer Kerry on. Democrats are again trying to say Bush was too agressive and too mean. its very petty and superficial. People arent going to vote for who looks better. they are going to vote for the candidate that agrees with them the most. Bush may not be tip top form in all three debates but the nation has seen him as President for the past four years. Kerry on the other hand has to be strong all three debates because he doesnt have the same backing.

Bush has won on substance in both debates. the first because Kerry said some incredibly stupid statements and flip flopped and last night because the President was on the ball and brought Kerry's record into play.

I think if the President can do a decisive victory in the next debate, this election will be over baring an act of God. Bush has a superior domestic agenda, he has done more for education and medicare than Kerry has done in 20 years. Kerry's record is going to be hit hard. His absense from the Senate, his absense from tort reform votes. His tax history. Kerry is trying to run as a fiscal conservative and his record doesnt support such an action. I think if the President practices hard he will be able to debate his opponent well and he will be the next President. if Bush doesnt show up...well then we have to work extra hard to make sure Kerry is not elected.

We are going through a trying time in our nations history. we know the President has the resolve to lead us through this time. We know Kerry's history and that he doesnt have what it takes. We have to win or this nation will be in serious trouble. We have seen how 8 years of Clinton gave us numerous terrorists attacks and eventually 911. We've had to clean up after alot of Democrats in the last fifty years. We had to clean up Johnson's Vietnam mess. We had and are still cleaning up Carters mess. And we have just started cleaning up after Clinton. We have alot of work to do and if John kerry is elected it will be more of the same from Democrats.

I woke up this morning and CNN had called it a draw....were they watching the same debate I watched???

Bush had the audience on his side during the entirety of the debate...he was making Kerry look foolish, managed to make the people listening take away several important things

1) The Kerry Plan is The Bush Plan, only somehow mysteriously "done better" even though France and Germany won't join him

2) He has a 20 year Senate Record of doing nothing for security

3) He is pro-choice, but falls back on Catholicism (and falls flat, in my opinion...what a mistake to fall back on his religion...) to say that although he does think abortion is murder...he's still for it...the audience wasn't biting

4) Kerry is wishy-washy about spending caps on legal malpractice suits (Bush had a great moment when he stood up and said "if you were interested in this why didn't you come down to the Senate and VOTE for it then?"

In my opinion, Kerry sounded like he was repeating the first Prez. debate and some of the best talking points from the VP debate...he didnt say anything new...he whined about being a flip-flopper and came back with the brilliant retort "I know you are but what am I?" Which ISN'T flying with voters...and he said again the "I misspoke about the way I talked about the 87billion" line...which just makes people think..."Um...no...you DID vote against the 87 billion...you can say it any funny way you want...but someone asked you why you voted against it...and you responded by saying, "I did, I did! Um...right before I didn't. Thats EXACTLY what you did!!"

I think its ridiculous to call last nights debate a draw...and I thought that Bush got PULVARIZED in the first one!

Forum List

Back