Who was the most racist President?

This site says that Barry Obammy was our most racist president.
1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

The top five most racist presidents in American history - The American Mirror
My vote would be for Harry Truman. I've read that he was actually a member of the KKK early in life. And he was, of course, a DEMOCRAT.
But, after succeeding Franklin D. Roosevelt, Truman rose above his prejudices. In 1946, when he was told of assaults on black World War II veterans in the South, he exclaimed, "My God! I had no idea it was as terrible as that. We've got to do something!"
Yes, he was racist but became woke and-The president appointed a committee to study civil-rights abuses and later supported the panel's call for anti-lynching and anti-poll-tax legislation. He also ordered the desegregation of the armed forces and became the first president to campaign in Harlem, in New York City. As a result, he was pilloried by his old Southern Democratic allies. America loves a story of redemption.

fdr, no question. Wilson and Johnson next.

I would also put Lincoln in that list, but then I would also be guilty of taking history out of context.

Lincoln fought for decades for Abolition

Abolition was always the key note for the entire GOP, not just Lincoln.

The Party of Lincoln and Helms always was opposed to slavery and always will. Compare and contrast with the D's who voted unanimously for Obamacare which was actually compared to the institution of Slavery.

This site says that Barry Obammy was our most racist president.
1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

The top five most racist presidents in American history - The American Mirror

LBJ certainly deserves a top 5 position. The man went in front of the NAALCP and declared "With the implementation of the Great Society and the new massive welfare states, I will have you N-Word's voting for the Democrat Party for a hundred generations."
LBJ did more for Civil Rights than any modern President

Civil Rights Act would not have passed without him and he put the full power of the Justice Department behind enforcement

New Topics

Forum List

Back