Who was the most racist President?

Idk. Of ones that I know, LBJ or Obama.

Neither was racist

LBJ did more for Civil Rights than any President since Lincoln

"President Lyndon B. Johnson would routinely use the "N" word and called civil rights legislation "n***er" bills."

Trump isn't alone: Here are five racist quotes from modern U.S. presidents

So?

That was in the 50s and 60s. The N word was in common usage, I used to hear it on TV. It was considered vulgar but was openly used in public.
It was not until the late 60s that it became the N Word

fdr, no question. Wilson and Johnson next.

I would also put Lincoln in that list, but then I would also be guilty of taking history out of context.

Lincoln fought for decades for Abolition

In his letters he wanted to ship all the blacks to Panama, he wanted segregation.

That was a common idea back then
What do we do with all these free slaves?
Setting up their own country was a common solution

Lincoln quickly learned it was unworkable and dropped the idea

Neither was racist

"President Lyndon B. Johnson would routinely use the "N" word and called civil rights legislation "n***er" bills."

So?

That was in the 50s and 60s. The N word was in common usage, I used to hear it on TV. It was considered vulgar but was openly used in public.

Completely shameless apologist. The democrats embrace their own hypocrisy.

I would also put Lincoln in that list, but then I would also be guilty of taking history out of context.

In his letters he wanted to ship all the blacks to Panama, he wanted segregation.

Actually he kept trying to get black to agree to move.

The American Mirror

extremeright03.png

Overall, we rate the American Mirror Questionable based on extreme right wing bias and promotion of misleading propaganda.

The American Mirror is an extreme right news source/blog that does not have an about page or contact information. Their header claims “Kyle Olsen presents.” A google search indicates that Kyle Olsen is the founder of the Education Action Group Foundation, which promotes fighting wasteful spending at public schools. EAG is located in Muskegon, Michigan. According to Whois, the website domain was registered privately in 2014.

Funded by / Ownership

Once again, The American Mirror does not provide any info regarding finances, though there is online advertising on the site and it is presumably owned by Kyle Olsen.

Analysis / Bias

In review, The American Mirror is a personal blog of Kyle Olsen that publishes consistently pro-right and anti-left information. Every article has a sensational headline that cannot be substantiated through evidence, such as this: WHAT’S WRONG WITH NANCY? Face spasms, slurred words mar brief Pelosi speech. Generally, every story on this blog denigrates the left without a single reference to a counterpoint.

A factual search reveals The American Mirror has some misleading and false claims.

The American Mirror - Media Bias/Fact Check

This is a bs, non credible, piece of crap.

Neither was racist

So?

Completely shameless apologist. The democrats embrace their own hypocrisy.
Revisionist history on your part

Prior to the 1970s the N Word was considered crude but not obscene.
It was used on All in the Family and SNL. You could regularly here it in public. Especially when people spoke of the Civil Rights movement

The fact that LBJ would use it when talking to racists from the south is not surprising.

The American Mirror

extremeright03.png

Overall, we rate the American Mirror Questionable based on extreme right wing bias and promotion of misleading propaganda.

The American Mirror is an extreme right news source/blog that does not have an about page or contact information. Their header claims “Kyle Olsen presents.” A google search indicates that Kyle Olsen is the founder of the Education Action Group Foundation, which promotes fighting wasteful spending at public schools. EAG is located in Muskegon, Michigan. According to Whois, the website domain was registered privately in 2014.

Funded by / Ownership

Once again, The American Mirror does not provide any info regarding finances, though there is online advertising on the site and it is presumably owned by Kyle Olsen.

Analysis / Bias

In review, The American Mirror is a personal blog of Kyle Olsen that publishes consistently pro-right and anti-left information. Every article has a sensational headline that cannot be substantiated through evidence, such as this: WHAT’S WRONG WITH NANCY? Face spasms, slurred words mar brief Pelosi speech. Generally, every story on this blog denigrates the left without a single reference to a counterpoint.

A factual search reveals The American Mirror has some misleading and false claims.

The American Mirror - Media Bias/Fact Check

This is a bs, non credible, piece of crap.

Sources like it are nothing but echo chambers that validate the personal beliefs of societies fringe lunatics.

That was a big part of the problem. Blacks were born here and knew nothing of the countries being proposed. There were also financial and logistics issues in moving four million people

The idea was unworkable

"I have urged the colonization of the Negroes [back to Africa], and I shall continue. My Emancipation Proclamation was linked with this plan [of colonization]. There is no room for two distinct races of White men in America, much less for two distinct races of Whites and Blacks.

I can think of no greater calamity than the assimilation of the Negro into our social and political life as our equal. Within twenty years we can peacefully colonize the Negro...under conditions in which he can rise to the full measure of manhood. This he can NEVER do here [in America]. We can never attain the ideal Union our fathers dreamed, with millions of an alien, INFERIOR RACE among us, whose assimilation is neither possible nor desirable."

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862

"I have urged the colonization of the Negroes [back to Africa], and I shall continue. My Emancipation Proclamation was linked with this plan [of colonization]. There is no room for two distinct races of White men in America, much less for two distinct races of Whites and Blacks.

I can think of no greater calamity than the assimilation of the Negro into our social and political life as our equal. Within twenty years we can peacefully colonize the Negro...under conditions in which he can rise to the full measure of manhood. This he can NEVER do here [in America]. We can never attain the ideal Union our fathers dreamed, with millions of an alien, INFERIOR RACE among us, whose assimilation is neither possible nor desirable."

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Colonization of former slaved had been tried in Liberia and was a popular solution. Lincoln did not invent it

Lincoln was right about Negroes assimilating in our society. The problem was not the blacks but the whites who didn’t want to interact with them

As it was, it took another 100 years before whites allowed them to integrate

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Colonization of former slaved had been tried in Liberia and was a popular solution. Lincoln did not invent it

Lincoln was right about Negroes assimilating in our society. The problem was not the blacks but the whites who didn’t want to interact with them

True. He did not "invent" the idea, but it is apparent by his words, that he viewed the slaves as an "alien, inferior race".

Of course it is pure speculation, however, had he not been assassinated we likely would have seen his actions support his sentiments. JMO.

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

True. He did not "invent" the idea, but it is apparent by his words, that he viewed the slaves as an "alien, inferior race".

Of course it is pure speculation, however, had he not been assassinated we likely would have seen his actions support his sentiments. JMO.
I think he probably considered blacks an alien inferior race. Almost every American at the time did. They had similar views about women and Indians

But Lincoln was strongly opposed to the idea of human bondage at a time most Americans weren’t

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

I think he probably considered blacks an alien inferior race. Almost every American at the time did. They had similar views about women and Indians

But Lincoln was strongly opposed to the idea of human bondage at a time most Americans weren’t

Most Americans

(That better be a typo)

So are you saying now that the civil war was not fought over slavery???

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Most Americans

(That better be a typo)

100 percent it was fought over slavery

The Confederacy was formed to ensure slavery would exist forever in their country

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Most Americans

(That better be a typo)

The Confederacy was formed to ensure slavery would exist forever in their country

You just said most Americans were against freeing the slaves which is it?

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Most Americans

(That better be a typo)

Preserve the Union I thought

1862 America

Most Americans

(That better be a typo)

You just said most Americans were against freeing the slaves which is it?

Really depends on who gets to say

If you ask 4 million slaves, you would find almost 100 percent against
If you asked southern whites you would find almost 100 percent for
If you asked northern whites, it is probably 50/50

Forum List

Back