Who was president when this happened:In 2011 U.S Gave $3.7 million to Wuhan Laboratory for Conducting Virus Experiments With Bats

Who in the hell are you? What qualifies YOU for my reading comprehension?

I have an undergraduate biochemistry degree (with high honors), a doctorate and done two post-doctorate programs. I’ve been reading scientific studies for two decades.

You’re posting nonsequitors about media bias than addressing the issue.

Who in the hell are you? What qualifies YOU for my reading comprehension?

I have an undergraduate biochemistry degree (with high honors), a doctorate and done two post-doctorate programs. I’ve been reading scientific studies for two decades.

You’re posting nonsequitors about media bias than addressing the issue.

I'll re-submit the EVIDENCE for the inference or conclusion that does FOLLOW the premises or evidence of MSM BIAS in the 7/24 coverage of COVID-19. This never happened during the H1N1 when 60,800,000 Americans had H1N1.
These final estimates were that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1.
WHERE was the MSM during 2009 to 2010?

Protecting their investment in the Democrats to assure Democrats i.e. Hillary gets elected.
How did they do that? These supposedly UNBIASED OBJECTIVE media?

In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that
96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Hillary Clinton,
compared to just 3.5% which went to Trump.

While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative,

coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.

And further proof of this hatred of Trump and anything he does or says which quite frankly this hatred is juvenile.
Totally provincial.
Totally ignorant!
"A simple internet search shows that, at times, partisan and unhinged politics has taken the coverage hostage."
  • For example, CNN regular Rick Wilson, an avowed “Never Trumper,”tweeted “#Beinfected” in response to the White House announcing that first lady Melania Trump would participate in public health PSAs on the virus.
  • A think tank president said President Trump dying from coronavirus would be “poetic justice.”
  • Talk show host Bill Maher said he’s “hoping” the American economy totally collapses to get rid of Trump.
  • An MSNBC analyst suggested Trump should be prosecuted for “negligent homicide.”
  • Some news outlets reported that Trump called the virus a “hoax” and claimed the White House was “muzzling” Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
But, as the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan once correctly pointed out: “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”

So even with your advanced degrees it appears YOU have NO common sense. No sophistication. Just a provincial, somewhat educated
individual who believes EVERYTHING the MSM says without doing ANY reading other than the headlines!

Hmmm...
The MSM has been blaming Trump for the COVID-19 deaths... but in doing search for "What year was the $3.7 million given to Wuhan Lab" the following
was the only source I could find.
The National Institutes of Health (NIAID R01AI110964)
Was it the same President who sent 18 BILLION worth of Med supplies to SE Asia when we had a viral outbreak in the US?

Further proof of the lack of coverage of the Swine Flu, H1N1) because Obama was president!
Yet the press barely covered any of these events.

When the WHO declared the swine flu “unstoppable” on June 11, 2009, CNN didn’t even lead with that story on its homepage. It was in a pile of links on the side of the page. (See the screenshot of that day’s home page below, taken from the Internet Archive.)
A week later, there was no mention of the swine flu anywhere on CNN’s home page.
When Obama declared a national emergency, CNN didn’t get around to mentioning the death toll of the disease until the 10th paragraph.
By that point, millions had been infected and 1,000 people in the U.S. had died.

Again further proof!!!

Media coverage sets the agenda for public debate. While the news doesn’t necessarily tell us what to think, it tells us what to think about. In doing so, the news signals what issues merit our attention. Research has consistently shown that when issues receive extensive media coverage and are prominent in the news agenda, they also come to be seen as more important by members of the public.
The current outbreak has been much more prominent in media coverage than recent epidemics, including Ebola.
For example, a Time Magazine study shows that there were 23 times more articles in English-language print news covering the coronavirus outbreak in its first month compared to the same time period for the Ebola epidemic in 2018.
‘Killer virus’
My own research suggests that fear has played a particularly vital role in coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Since reports first started circulating about the new mystery illness on January 12, and up until February 13 2020, I have tracked reporting in major English-language newspapers around the world, using the LexisNexis UK database.
This includes almost 100 high-circulation newspapers from around the world, which have collectively published 9,387 stories about the outbreak. Of these, 1,066 articles mention “fear” or related words, including “afraid”.
Such stories often used other frightening language – for example, 50 articles used the phrase “killer virus”. One article in The Telegraph newspaper was typical of this fear-inducing language, in describing scenes on the ground in Wuhan shared on social media:
Karin Wahl-Jorgensen, Professor and Director of Research Development and Environment, School of Journalism, Cardiff University

Further Proof???

Not only is the media intentionally mischaracterizing things that Trump administration officials and the president himself are saying regarding the outbreak, the coverage is wall-to-wall, 24/7, as though there is nothing else more important. Oeople we know who are legitimate journalists and who have been in this business for years are shaking their heads in disbelief. They’ve never seen anything like this, it’s so journalistically unethical.

And yet, when the god king Obama was in office and he was dealing with the Swine flu (H1N1), the media coverage of that outbreak was nothing compared to what it is now.
And that’s probably because the media coverage then was downright sparse compared to what we’re seeing reported and hyped regarding coronavirus.
In fact, as the editors from Investors Business Daily noted today in a column, there were 1,000 deaths from Swine flu before Obama declared a national emergency:
"The potential impact of the coronavirus might still be unknown, but the media hype is already plain as day. Particularly when you compare how they are covering this pandemic with the last one, which happened to occur when Barack Obama was in the White House.

To get a sense of the differences in how the press treated these two outbreaks of brand new viruses, let’s look at how the New York Times and CNN – the bellwethers of mainstream journalism in print and on TV – covered each at similar points in the outbreak.

The day after the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus a pandemic, and President Donald Trump gave a national address, CNN’s front page was almost entirely devoted to coronavirus."

I've provided substantiation, qualified opinions by experts.
SO please those of you with common sense... comprehend the role the MSM has played in the public's angst!

Hmmm...
The MSM has been blaming Trump for the COVID-19 deaths... but in doing search for "What year was the $3.7 million given to Wuhan Lab" the following
Was it the same President who sent 18 BILLION worth of Med supplies to SE Asia when we had a viral outbreak in the US?
Prove it! Where is your links? You just put up a comment... no links. No proof!

Hmmm...
Prove it! Where is your links? You just put up a comment... no links. No proof!

The daily mail article is very thorough. They said they obtained documents.

Daily mail:

View attachment 322918

Garbage site.

So you don’t believe this article?

From the daily mail?

No, definitely not.

What do you consider credible sources? List them.

Here are some sources.
Studies published by scientists of Wuhan Institute of Virology.
Sponsored by NIH as well as NIAID.

2017 (published 2018). NIAID reward number R0AI110964

2017. NIAID award R01AI110964

2016. NIAID award number R01AI11096

2013. NIAID award number R01AI079231

Here is a Curriculum Vitae of scientist Zhengli Shi.
On page 2 you will find two studies that received grants.
One is by the NIAID award number R01AI110964, $665,000
The other is United States Agency of International Development (USAID PREDICT) project no: AID-OAA-A-14-00102, $559,500

You can find further information about these grants here:
and/or here:

I take the Daily Mail with a grain of salt, although I laud them for how thorough they are. I couldn't find the $3.7million number during my basic websearch, but I did some digging (a lot) and found the primary sources.
I don't understand why Daily Mail didn't post their documents. It would have saved a lot of people a lot of discussion.

I had never heard of this place before (this thread showed up on a yippy search), and i just now created an account to respond to your comment. I hope you will be notified of this reply. And I hope more people will see this and I hope everyone shares.

-G

Hmmm...

Here are some sources.

The other is United States Agency of International Development (USAID PREDICT) project no: AID-OAA-A-14-00102, $559,500

and/or here:

I take the Daily Mail with a grain of salt, although I laud them for how thorough they are. I couldn't find the $3.7million number during my basic websearch, but I did some digging (a lot) and found the primary sources.
I don't understand why Daily Mail didn't post their documents. It would have saved a lot of people a lot of discussion.

I had never heard of this place before (this thread showed up on a yippy search), and i just now created an account to respond to your comment. I hope you will be notified of this reply. And I hope more people will see this and I hope everyone shares.

-G

The daily mail article is very thorough. They said they obtained documents.

Daily mail:

View attachment 322918

Garbage site.

So you don’t believe this article?

From the daily mail?

No, definitely not.

What do you consider credible sources? List them.

Here are some sources.

and/or here:

-G
The local tRumplings are trying to say China created this covid19 virus and president Obama paid for it.

That's just not the case.

The U.S. government gives money to all sorts of people. While Bush and Obama were fighting bin laden in the desert they were protecting the rest of his family in the states. Even paid for their college. In the USA. Whos side are they on anyway?

Now, for comparison, I am a real American with blood deep in this country. I applied for government loans for college. Denied. The government isnt there for someone like me. Theyre not on the real Americas side. Youd have to be a grand chump to believe they are. Its a big cheap fake lie and in the end theyre gonna stab you in the back no matter what you do.

Lying is their greatest skill.

You can take that to the bank and cash it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back