"Who Still Believes in Integration?"

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

I guarantee you, take two or three people of different ethnic backgrounds with a common backdrop in interests and pursuits and these two or three people will function as if they were of the same race.

Three people can probably live together peacefully (three people that have common interests and views that is), but when you put thousand or millions of people of different backrounds together, there's usually trouble.

Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie
Three people can probably live together peacefully (three people that have common interests and views that is), but when you put thousand or millions of people of different backrounds together, there's usually trouble.

Do you really think three people could live peacefully? I've seen an awful lot of families that are miserable; fighting among themselves. I agree, how could you expect any more of thousands?

I've also seen a lot of families that get along just fine, with little fuss. He's not saying it will happen, but that it's quite likely.

prejudice exists in humans out of two basic emotions and that is fear and hate.

To the extent this is true, what of it? I fear buzzing chainsaws, speeding cars headed in my direction and gangbangers with do-rags for VERY GOOD REASONS. I hate for similarly good reasons. Do you fear starvation or death? Hate pain? I hope so, for your sake.

There is an extent to which this is not true. What people often mean by "prejudice" is "post-judice," i.e., they are making judgments about members of a group based on dealings with other members of the same group. If those experiences were uniformly unpleasant --- and in the case of blacks, everyone's is --- then it is iron-clad logic to guess that your next experience will be, too. What are people supposed to do? Or, what is the logical response? Assume the black person is going to be pleasant and peaceful? Most don't even want to risk it or the encounter, so they stay away from blacks altogether. An excellent idea for your health and safety.

Originally posted by Hobbit
Race is never irrelevent, as there are sometimes a few cultural differences and there's always a physical difference. However, in my eyes, a different culture is a learning experience, and if the culture's the same but the appearance is different, it might as well be eye color or height. [/B]

Hobbit, you make a good point. Race itself is only a factor when people want to make it a factor. Cultural differences usually end up being more divisive - either because people refuse to assimalate into the mainstream culture, or people are not allowed to assimalate into that culture.
If only we could get to the point where skin color was as significant as eye color or height!

Originally posted by William Joyce
To the extent this is true, what of it? I fear buzzing chainsaws, speeding cars headed in my direction and gangbangers with do-rags for VERY GOOD REASONS. I hate for similarly good reasons. Do you fear starvation or death? Hate pain? I hope so, for your sake.

trying to equate fear and hate from your own psychosis with fear and hate from outside influences is about as sensical as saying that you should fear snakes because they represent satan, not because they are venemous

There is an extent to which this is not true. What people often mean by "prejudice" is "post-judice," i.e., they are making judgments about members of a group based on dealings with other members of the same group. If those experiences were uniformly unpleasant --- and in the case of blacks, everyone's is --- then it is iron-clad logic to guess that your next experience will be, too. What are people supposed to do? Or, what is the logical response? Assume the black person is going to be pleasant and peaceful? Most don't even want to risk it or the encounter, so they stay away from blacks altogether. An excellent idea for your health and safety.

I, and many others I know, get along great with people of all colors. I don't doubt that some people out in this world have had negative relations with people not of their skin color but that HARDLY puts you in a position to try to tell me, who has had relatively few negative incidents compared to the high number of positive incidents, that everyones experience is uniformly unpleasant.

Using your ideology would it be any different than black or hispanic people saying that the white man is satan because we've been treated so shitty in our tenure in this life?

Nope. And I wouldn't begrudge 'em if they did. I might have some quibbles about how satanic we are (seeing as how we bend over backward to treat them nice), but they wouldn't hear it. If you think othewise, try it out. Walk into a black place and announce that whites are great. See what happens.

Bottom line is, races DO NOT get along. The fact that you've had "positive" experiences means very little in the overall scheme of things.

But say you have. Say you think blacks and Hispanics are no different from whites. Wonderful for you. Go live with them, and let those whites who don't seek their company go theirs.

Nope. And I wouldn't begrudge 'em if they did. I might have some quibbles about how satanic we are (seeing as how we bend over backward to treat them nice), but they wouldn't hear it. If you think othewise, try it out. Walk into a black place and announce that whites are great. See what happens.

why would I do something like that? I don't believe any race is better than any other. saying that you think whites are better than other races puts you on the same scale as someone trying to create 'the master race'.

Bottom line is, races DO NOT get along. The fact that you've had "positive" experiences means very little in the overall scheme of things.

so how many people having positive experiences does it take to become meaningful? I say the fact that you've had negative experiences means very little in the overall scheme of things.

[/b]But say you have. Say you think blacks and Hispanics are no different from whites. Wonderful for you. Go live with them, and let those whites who don't seek their company go theirs. [/B]

having lived with blacks, hispanics, asians, greeks, arabs, eskimos, and jamaicans I can tell you that we were no different from each other than skin pigmentation. If you wish to isolate yourself in your supposed superiority then by all means, do as I said before and find a cave to seal yourself up in it. grab as many white people that feel the same way you do. This world will be better off in the long run as your inbreeding will thin out your herd.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
having lived with blacks, hispanics, asians, greeks, arabs, eskimos, and jamaicans I can tell you that we were no different from each other than skin pigmentation. If you wish to isolate yourself in your supposed superiority then by all means, do as I said before and find a cave to seal yourself up in it. grab as many white people that feel the same way you do. This world will be better off in the long run as your inbreeding will thin out your herd. [/B]

:clap: :clap1: :clap: :clap1: :clap:

"having lived with blacks, hispanics, asians, greeks, arabs, eskimos, and jamaicans I can tell you that we were no different from each other than skin pigmentation."

Whatever your experience may have been, "skin pigmentation" was the least of your differences, and your continued insistence that this is the only thing that separates the races is the liberal's version of the Flat Earth Society.

In fact, races are genetically distinct groups, with vastly different intelligence levels and behaviors.

I suggest you read RACE: The Reality of Human Difference, by Sarich and Miele, for an update on the science. Here's a start.

http://home.comcast.net/~neoeugenics/miele.htm

William, I have no inclination to read any racially biased documentation or book from your white supremacist idols.

The blacks, hispanics, asians, greeks, etc. sat right alongside me and talked to as many airplanes flying through the air and on radar scopes that I did. They also had just as much knowledge and intellect as anyone else in my unit whether they were white or not.

I repeat, your experiences may suck, your current life may suck, but your view on the other races is simply a mask for your own ignorance and incompetence to survive in a world peopled by many different ethnic backgrounds. Your inability to do so requires you to follow my advice in the last post.

Vincent Sarich is professor emeritus at Cal Berkeley.

Frank Miele is the editor of Skeptic magazine.

What were you saying again?

Vincent Sarich is professor emeritus at Cal Berkeley.

Frank Miele is the editor of Skeptic magazine.

What were you saying again?

Odd, I saw the post, I'm sure others did too, but here it is again in case you actually missed it.

William, I have no inclination to read any racially biased documentation or book from your white supremacist idols.

The blacks, hispanics, asians, greeks, etc. sat right alongside me and talked to as many airplanes flying through the air and on radar scopes that I did. They also had just as much knowledge and intellect as anyone else in my unit whether they were white or not.

I repeat, your experiences may suck, your current life may suck, but your view on the other races is simply a mask for your own ignorance and incompetence to survive in a world peopled by many different ethnic backgrounds. Your inability to do so requires you to follow my advice in the last post.

Let me know if you missed that one too.

DK,

I'm sure that you were able to get along fine with people of many different origins and that's fine. I think the real controversy here (pretaining to the link) is that groups of millions (as I have said) are a billion times more likely to bring out their differences than just a few. Furthermore, the current situation with minorities in this country doesn't treat people like equals (like they can live together and get along). They insist on treating minorities with such high regard when in fact they cause the most problems in this country (looking at minorities as a whole--the way the gov't does when they hand out minority benefits).

Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie
DK,

I'm sure that you were able to get along fine with people of many different origins and that's fine. I think the real controversy here (pretaining to the link) is that groups of millions (as I have said) are a billion times more likely to bring out their differences than just a few. Furthermore, the current situation with minorities in this country doesn't treat people like equals (like they can live together and get along). They insist on treating minorities with such high regard when in fact they cause the most problems in this country (looking at minorities as a whole--the way the gov't does when they hand out minority benefits).

and maybe thats the problem with groups of any color. For the 6 years I was living with people of all colors I saw only ONE color. That color was marine corps green. Was it because racism wasn't tolerated in the service? most would like to think so but that wasn't the case with most of us. I saw each individual as an equal and treated him such just like I was treated the same. Were there a few bad eggs? Hell yes, there is in every race whether they are wearing street gang colors or white sheets and hoods. Its up to us NON racists to beat down the racists of all colors to ensure that ALL people get a fair and equal opportunity in life. If they screw that up and decide not to play by the rules then we make THEM the outcast, not the other way around.

I've called out people of any race for acting like an ass, and yes I've had to deal with the physical altercation from time to time, but more often than not I've been backed up by the idiots supposed 'brothers' for being fair about it.

Of course every race has its bad eggs, adn I always treat people fairly no matter what color they are. I just can't help but see how for example, all white areas are usually nice, safe, descent places to live when all black areas are "always" stricken with crime, drugs, and thugs. Again, that's not speaking for all blacks, but facts are facts. And that "is" looking at the black race as a whole which is okay as long as you know how to judge people individually. So, I don't see it racist in any way to point out that the black race is known for crime and drugs because they are, and even honest, descent blacks know that. These views shouldn't have an impact on personal relationships, but looking at blacks as a whole, they (mostly in America) are a violent, dangerous people (especially when they are around their own kind; hence, all black neighborhoods are always trouble).

Forum List

Back