Who says a wall won't work? Certainly not Hungary.....

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
"Hungary has claimed that its fences on the borders with Croatia and Serbia have helped to cut the inflow of migrants by 99.7 percent since 2015. The small inland nation now has one quarter of the length of its borders protected by a fence.

“The number of successful attempts to illegally cross the border fell from 391,000 in 2015 to 18,236 in 2016 and only 1,184 in 2017,” the Hungarian prime minister’s chief security advisor, Gyorgy Bakondi, told reporters at a press conference marking the second anniversary of the closure of the Hungarian-Serbian border on September 15."

Hungary credits razor wire border fence for almost 100 percent drop in illegal migration

Okay, so when we get into discussions about a border wall, we are constantly told by Democrats it's a waste of time and money They will dig under the wall, they will use ladders to jump the wall, they will create sophisticated tunnels and it won't stop drugs or illegals from entering.

Yet Hungary found just the opposite. They claim their fence stopped almost 100% of illegals from entering their country since 2015, and they are only a quarter finished building their barriers along their borders.

Granted, it's not a wall like Trump was talking about, but this deterrent certainly proves that a barrier of some kind indeed works. Don't let these Democrats convince you of things they have no way of proving. The proof is in the pudding.

Make America great again......

"Hungary has claimed that its fences on the borders with Croatia and Serbia have helped to cut the inflow of migrants by 99.7 percent since 2015. The small inland nation now has one quarter of the length of its borders protected by a fence.

“The number of successful attempts to illegally cross the border fell from 391,000 in 2015 to 18,236 in 2016 and only 1,184 in 2017,” the Hungarian prime minister’s chief security advisor, Gyorgy Bakondi, told reporters at a press conference marking the second anniversary of the closure of the Hungarian-Serbian border on September 15."

Hungary credits razor wire border fence for almost 100 percent drop in illegal migration

Okay, so when we get into discussions about a border wall, we are constantly told by Democrats it's a waste of time and money They will dig under the wall, they will use ladders to jump the wall, they will create sophisticated tunnels and it won't stop drugs or illegals from entering.

Yet Hungry found just the opposite. They claim their fence stopped almost 100% of illegals from entering their country since 2015, and they are only a quarter finished building their barriers along their borders.

Granted, it's not a wall like Trump was talking about, but this deterrent certainly proves that a barrier of some kind indeed works. Don't let these Democrats convince you of things they have no way of proving. The proof is in the pudding.

Everyone knows walls work. The Chinese built one thousands of miles long, with primitive hand tools, hundreds of years ago. And they still don't have any Mexicans...

It's pretty ridiculous to suggest a well-built wall wouldn't make a meaningful impact in the effort to keep out illegals. Of course organized groups that smuggle people across the border will find ways to continue doing that despite a wall. Do people say to hell with antivirus protection because some stuff can still get through a firewall? It's a deterrent, not an absolute solution. I personally think the cost for it should come out of the defense budget. I mean, it is a wall after all.

Last edited:
It's pretty ridiculous to suggest a well-built wall wouldn't make a meaningful impact in the effort to keep out illegals. Of course organized groups that smuggle people across the border will find ways to continue doing that despite a wall. Do people say to hell with antivirus protection because some stuff can still get through a firewall? It's a deterrent, not an absolute solution. That said, I think if it's so important to build a wall then it should come out of the defense budget. I mean, it is a wall after all.

Okay, not a perfect solution, but I would be satisfied with a 99.7% reduction in illegals like they have. More importantly are the drugs that enter this country. Hell, even a 50% reduction would be great with me. Opioid narcotics are killing over 50,000 Americans every year.

It wouldn't solve our illegal immigration problem, but it would definitely cut back on the amount of illegal immigrants entering the country.

It's pretty ridiculous to suggest a well-built wall wouldn't make a meaningful impact in the effort to keep out illegals. Of course organized groups that smuggle people across the border will find ways to continue doing that despite a wall. Do people say to hell with antivirus protection because some stuff can still get through a firewall? It's a deterrent, not an absolute solution. That said, I think if it's so important to build a wall then it should come out of the defense budget. I mean, it is a wall after all.

Okay, not a perfect solution, but I would be satisfied with a 99.7% reduction in illegals like they have. More importantly are the drugs that enter this country. Hell, even a 50% reduction would be great with me. Opioid narcotics are killing over 50,000 Americans every year.
And with the cartels down there the drug running may actually kill even more Mexicans.

And with the cartels down there the drug running may actually kill even more Mexicans.

Yes, I would weep endlessly. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

It wouldn't solve our illegal immigration problem, but it would definitely cut back on the amount of illegal immigrants entering the country.
I'll take a 99% reduction. That's even better when you consider when we deport someone they're 99% gone for good.

I'll take a 99% reduction. That's even better when you consider when we deport someone they're 99% gone for good.

It would make a difference...but a 99% decrease is a pipe dream.
Why? If we had a wall and illegals had to pay coyotes 5k for a one percent chance of making it here they would stay home. They would also stay home if there was only a 25% chance or even 50%. They do it because right now it's 99% they will make it. Cut that in half and we win.

Yet Hungry found just the opposite. They claim their fence stopped almost 100% of illegals from entering their country since 2015, and they are only a quarter finished building their barriers along their borders.

Everyone knows walls work. The Chinese built one thousands of miles long, with primitive hand tools, hundreds of years ago. And they still don't have any Mexicans...

Actually, they don't "work".

And China's wall took 2000 years and was never finished, never did what it was designed to do.

mgh80

Probably not. We're down to a net zero coming in and we're losing a lot of money as a result.

More important is that it would not make a dent in the drugs the US buys.

Why? If we had a wall and illegals had to pay coyotes 5k for a one percent chance of making it here they would stay home. They would also stay home if there was only a 25% chance or even 50%. They do it because right now it's 99% they will make it. Cut that in half and we win.

Missouri_Mike

They're already staying home.

Never mind that though. Just look at where the wall would be built. Look at where it would not be built. Now look at the increase of Border Patrol (to more than 18,500 on way less than a 2000 stretch) made by Obama.

RWNJs want desperately to think this is a good idea and that it would have some sort of positive effect on the US. I just wish they'd educate themselves.

Blech.

:night:

So what's your argument? How about a 90% decrease, an 85% decrease, or even a 70% decrease. Wouldn't it be worth it?

mgh80

Probably not. We're down to a net zero coming in and we're losing a lot of money as a result.

More important is that it would not make a dent in the drugs the US buys.

Missouri_Mike

They're already staying home.

Never mind that though. Just look at where the wall would be built. Look at where it would not be built. Now look at the increase of Border Patrol (to more than 18,500 on way less than a 2000 stretch) made by Obama.

RWNJs want desperately to think this is a good idea and that it would have some sort of positive effect on the US. I just wish they'd educate themselves.

Blech.

:night:

Those Obama figures were debunked by even the most leftist of sources. Illegal crossings did not get reduced until Trump took over and took a stance on it.

Actually, they don't "work".

And China's wall took 2000 years and was never finished, never did what it was designed to do.
Walls have always worked to some extent, and to a reasonable expectation. That's why we still build them today... Look around your apartment for reference...

Better yet, it works great for Israel. The other liberal "white devil."

Of course their government does not execute gays for being gay, executive women for being raped, and allows people to freely worship.

See how well their wall has worked.

New Topics

Forum List

Back