Who On This Board Thinks

Corporations exist Without People.

• Total voters
Progressives are holding out for the day when they can vote for a LaTwanna or a LaCarl...

The more ethnic sounding the better it is for democrats...

Like: Alvin Greene...

LOL that was pointlessly racist.

No, that was not racist...

Show me where I believe I'm superior to another race?

It's funny but not racist...

It was NOT funny, and just because you are too stupid to realize it does not mean it wasn't racist, you damn fool.

I could care less how you feel.

How I feel is all that matters...

Xing dong bing bong...

Who cares????????

What a piece of shit you are. Weren't you just bitching and moaning AGAIN on another thread about how you couldn't find a 'nice' girl who shared your 'morals'? You're an immoral fucking moron.

I believe in a nation of laws. Do You? I think you believe in a nation of "cherry picked" laws.. Am I right?

Absolutely not. I believe in a nation of laws. If the law becomes that you have to drive with your headlights on at all times, my headlights will be on. I do not believe in "cherry picked" laws at all.

The question you keep dodging is this. You apparently have embraced Romney's stance that corporations are people. You do so because the Supreme Court says so. Am I right?
So since the Supreme Court is okay with flag burning, are you okay with it? If Romney or Gingrich lit one up on Stage, would you be here tomorrow defending them? If not, why not?

Also, if Gingrich doesn't feel the courts were right in holding that the corporations are people (it's okay to disagree with laws--just don't violate them), will you embrace his views too?

I'm guessing your tap shoes are already laced up.

Dance!

You sound like you're saying that Romney said that a corporation was a person.

Corporations are composed of people. Wasn't that Romney's point?

That's what I thought too.

Frm WaPo:

ROMNEY: We have to make sure that the promises we make — and Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare — are promises we can keep. And there are various ways of doing that. One is, we could raise taxes on people.
AUDIENCE MEMBER: Corporations!
ROMNEY: Corporations are people, my friend. We can raise taxes on —
AUDIENCE MEMBER: No, they’re not!
ROMNEY: Of course they are. Everything corporations earn also goes to people.
AUDIENCE: [LAUGHTER]
ROMNEY: Where do you think it goes?
AUDIENCE MEMBER: It goes into their pockets!
ROMNEY: Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People’s pockets! Human beings, my friend. So number one, you can raise taxes. That’s not the approach that I would take.
Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom is already protesting the Dem attacks, arguing: “Do folks think corporations are buildings? They’re people who incorporate to conduct business. They create jobs and hire more people.”

And it’s true from the larger context that what Romney meant is that corporations are made up of people, and that when you tax corporations, you also end up taxing the people who comprise them. The merits of that argument aside, that isn’t the same as arguing that corporations as entities have the legal rights of people.

I guess if you want to just look at the literal words and make a big deal out of it, fine. Kinda pointless to do that though, unless all you wanna do is throw firebombs. But the fact is that corporations consist of people, if you ain't got people you ain't got a corporation. So if you hammer a corporations, somebody somewhere is going to suffer for it. That's point Romney was trying to make. Not that he did a very good job of it, but if all you want to do is nitpick then knock yourself out.

Frm WaPo:

ROMNEY: We have to make sure that the promises we make — and Social Security, Medicaid, and Medicare — are promises we can keep. And there are various ways of doing that. One is, we could raise taxes on people.
AUDIENCE MEMBER: Corporations!
ROMNEY: Corporations are people, my friend. We can raise taxes on —
AUDIENCE MEMBER: No, they’re not!
ROMNEY: Of course they are. Everything corporations earn also goes to people.
AUDIENCE: [LAUGHTER]
ROMNEY: Where do you think it goes?
AUDIENCE MEMBER: It goes into their pockets!
ROMNEY: Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People’s pockets! Human beings, my friend. So number one, you can raise taxes. That’s not the approach that I would take.
Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom is already protesting the Dem attacks, arguing: “Do folks think corporations are buildings? They’re people who incorporate to conduct business. They create jobs and hire more people.”

And it’s true from the larger context that what Romney meant is that corporations are made up of people, and that when you tax corporations, you also end up taxing the people who comprise them. The merits of that argument aside, that isn’t the same as arguing that corporations as entities have the legal rights of people.

I guess if you want to just look at the literal words and make a big deal out of it, fine. Kinda pointless to do that though, unless all you wanna do is throw firebombs. But the fact is that corporations consist of people, if you ain't got people you ain't got a corporation. So if you hammer a corporations, somebody somewhere is going to suffer for it. That's point Romney was trying to make. Not that he did a very good job of it, but if all you want to do is nitpick then knock yourself out.

You do know this is a Political message board, right?

Politics is largely about perception. "Corporations are people, my friend" is what he said. And legally he is right. Great. He can wear that blue ribbon. I don't think anybody will ever refer to him as "Mr. President" however.

The optics of his saying so in this economic climate as if GE or XOM is just like your neighbor, is not helpful to his fledgeling political campaign. Thanks for bumping it back to the top though...it only helps.

Let me get this straight. If corporations are people too, does that mean that people can contribute to campaigns and their corporations can too? So corporate execs can contribute twice as much as regular working Americans, right?

That can't be right, it doesn't seem very fair at all.

Forum List

Back