who is the best Irish band: The Wolfe Tones, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, The Dubliners, U2 or The Pogues?

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
i'll go with Flogging Molly

Dropkick Murphys are the kind of band when you 1st listen to it, you go: "this is pretty good"...but after a while it sucks!

i helpfully gave a list you can choose from, btw
To be fair, the Wolfe Tones should be on the list. And U2 should not as Bono is a globalist who wants to destroy Ireland.
The Wolfe Tones knocked Elvis off the number 1 position at one time.
Here's one of their most popular songs.

Some good ones in that list....Dubliners would be my pick from that list but the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem would be atop any list I would make. I'm not familiar with "Flogging Molly" I will check them out later.

I went to a Liam/Tommy concert in 1976.....fantastic.

Greg

Some good ones in that list....Dubliners would be my pick from that list but the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem would be atop any list I would make. I'm not familiar with "Flogging Molly" I will check them out later.

Greg

Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphy's are Irish American bands, not Irish. (to me anyway).

i'll go with Flogging Molly

Dropkick Murphys are the kind of band when you 1st listen to it, you go: "this is pretty good"...but after a while it sucks!
There is no ”best” band because its just one persons opinion

but my favorite Irish band is the Cranberries

and my favorite song is

others may like Zombie, Linger, ode to my family, and when you’re gone

the lead singer was Dolores O’Riordan

Greg

Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphy's are Irish American bands, not Irish. (to me anyway).

Didn't know that but I was brought up on The Clancys and Tommy. (Met some of Tom's relatives in Western Qld; evidently he visited on occasions.)

Greg

Greg

Didn't know that but I was brought up on The Clancys and Tommy. (Met some of Tom's relatives in Western Qld; evidently he visited on occasions.)

Greg

My exposure to Irish music was in college where my Friday happy hour friends were all 1st generation born here Irish (their brogues came out when drunk). Wolftones, Dubliners, etc.

I'm half Irish, but 2nd generation born here so really didn't get much of the culture growing up besides corned beef and cabbage on St Patricks day.

The Johnstons were really very good;

..as were the Fureys at times. Not overly keen on some of their stuff though but hey; they were still good.

Greg

Greg

Greg

My exposure to Irish music was in college where my Friday happy hour friends were all 1st generation born here Irish (their brogues came out when drunk). Wolftones, Dubliners, etc.

I'm half Irish, but 2nd generation born here so really didn't get much of the culture growing up besides corned beef and cabbage on St Patricks day.

My family on my mother's side were Irish settlers 1850s in Oz. My grandmother lived with us so we were immersed in it. The other side is Balkan...................what a combination!!! lol

I'm not into Irish Tenors much but I have some old 78s of McCormack. Too high for my ear but the songs are amazing.

Greg

Forum List

Back