Who here is a "survivalist?

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
I hate the term but I live off the grid as much as possible. I live above an aquifer so water is no problem. I have a combination of wind turbines and solar panels that produce more energy than I need. Outside of my main house and barn, the buildings I have constructed are very solid, one might say. I can hunt, kill and butcher game. I'm knowledgeable about planting, canning and long term storage of food. Me and all my daughters are trained in the use of various firearms.

Oh yeah, I'm definitely not in the city.

I am by default since my interest include camping,fishing,hunting,trapping and just being in the great outdoors.
While it would be a rough life I wouldnt go hungry or have to sleep out in the elements.

Its probably a good thing, I remember the Blackout of 2003. No one knew what was happening, till I called my brother and I live in MI. We have a couple generators, and I stock up with food for those electrical outages. One never knows. Oh and during the blackout both generators were on jobs.

The 2003 Northeast Blackout--Five Years Later

I am a survivalist when I need to be. I live way out in the boonies and love having no near neighbors. If everything went to hell tomorrow, hubby and I could make it fine. That being said, I enjoy a bowl of fruit loops or trip to the race track more than most.

I've found most people that proclaim themselves to be survivalists and/or off the grid...aren't really.

Forum List

Back