Who are these British Royals, Prince William and Kate Middleton Whats a Royal Wedding

with an ugly as hell girl friend and dried up as a prune?
After age 40 there ought to be a damn law that your ass has outgrown Princehood.

That whole Camilla thing is strange as hell. She's always been plain dumpy.

It's not about looks. They've always been together...she's a horsewoman, so is he (ha,ha) and they share a long and eventful history.

with an ugly as hell girl friend and dried up as a prune?
After age 40 there ought to be a damn law that your ass has outgrown Princehood.

That whole Camilla thing is strange as hell. She's always been plain dumpy.

It's not about looks. They've always been together...she's a horsewoman, so is he (ha,ha) and they share a long and eventful history.

He's a horsewoman. LOL, I like that one. He does look like one.
I understand that one perfectly. My mother and sisters raised horses for many years in TN and here in Georgia. That crowd is all to themselves. My mother and sisters are beautiful, Mom is 88 years old and still loves horses. But it is a society outside the norm that makes no sense to me. Like flushing cash down the sewer non stop.

Yea, we was watchin' it on YouTube...

... Granny wantin' to know why Elton John was there?...

... He married to a man...

... when dem lil' kids was singin'...

... he was off to the side, lip-synchin' Benny anna Jets...

... Granny says he's such a hussy.
:tongue:

It's actually Sir Elton John, knighted by the queen herself, and therefore proper royalty who would be invited to the wedding. And I don't care who he sleeps with. He remains one of my all time favorites in the music world.

I did get up at o-dark-thirty to watch the Royal Wedding live without commercials on Fox News this morning. Did all the networks and cable news chanels air it I wonder? Anyhow it lived up to all expectations--the stuff of fairy tales--and will be talked about for years to come even as the public will now expect the next heir to the throne to be forthcoming within the next year or two.

Technically I believe both parties in the wedding must be royalty in order for it to be an official royal wedding. The last official royal wedding was Charles and Diana. When Charles subsequently married Camilla, it was not billed as a royal wedding but rather a civil ceremony that would be blessed by the Church. So the upcoming marriage of William and Kate will be the first royal wedding since Charles married Diana.

The official final guest list was released I believe today. President Obama and the first lady were not on it. I wonder what they think about that as President and Nancy Reagan were invited to Charles and Diana's wedding. Nancy went alone, however, as President Reagan was still recuperating from the assassination attempt and was not yet well enough to travel.

No, it doesn't requite both parties to be royalty. This one was a Royal Wedding, because it is the future monarch who got married. However, because he is not the immediate heir (that's Charles), it is not a State Occasion, it is a family wedding. That means that William and Catherine had more control over the wedding than Charles and Diana had.

Catherine is now HRH, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. Damned Cambridge. Should have been Oxford. :lol:

It's actually Sir Elton John, knighted by the queen herself, and therefore proper royalty who would be invited to the wedding. And I don't care who he sleeps with. He remains one of my all time favorites in the music world.

I did get up at o-dark-thirty to watch the Royal Wedding live without commercials on Fox News this morning. Did all the networks and cable news chanels air it I wonder? Anyhow it lived up to all expectations--the stuff of fairy tales--and will be talked about for years to come even as the public will now expect the next heir to the throne to be forthcoming within the next year or two.

Being a 'Sir' is not royalty. He was invited because he's been a friend of William's since Diana died.

Being a 'Sir' is not royalty. He was invited because he's been a friend of William's since Diana died.

I think you're probably right. He and Diana were friends and I can believe that he and William continue the friendship. I think he also is a second cousin or something like that to the queen which would make him royalty? I think I read somewhere that his real name and title is Lord Reginald of Dwight?

I dunno for sure. Anyhow, I thought it appropiate that he was there.

My brother is a 'Sir' and, as if to prove your point, I don't believe he was invited either, though he does know many of the Royal Family quite well.

I think you're probably right. He and Diana were friends and I can believe that he and William continue the friendship. I think he also is a second cousin or something like that to the queen which would make him royalty? I think I read somewhere that his real name and title is Lord Reginald of Dwight?

His name won't be Lord Anything of Anywhere unless he's been ennobled. Has he Cali? I thought he was just a Knight. I'm rather out of touch with Who's Who.

I use the term "just a knight" advisedly. There are different levels of Knighthood, sort of. Being for example a 'Knight of the Garter' is a VERY, VERY big deal.

Last edited:

I agree, and it went off without a hitch. Princess Catherine is a truly beautiful lady, and I wish them the very best.

I watched the complete rebroadcast this morning on BBCAmerica. May as well get it straight from the experts.

His name won't be Lord Anything of Anywhere unless he's been ennobled. Has he Cali? I thought he was just a Knight. I'm rather out of touch with Who's Who.

I use the term "just a knight" advisedly. There are different levels of Knighthood, sort of. Being for example a 'Knight of the Garter' is a VERY, VERY big deal.

To the best of my knowledge, no, he's not a Lord, just a Sir.

It's the Knight of the Garter that become Lord or Lady, I think.

I agree, and it went off without a hitch. Princess Catherine is a truly beautiful lady, and I wish them the very best.

I watched the complete rebroadcast this morning on BBCAmerica. May as well get it straight from the experts.

She's not 'Princess Catherine', She's HRH, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. The term 'Princess' will be added as and when William becomes Prince of Wales, ie when his father inherits the crown and becomes King, he will pass the title of Prince of Wales to William. At that time, Catherine will become HRH Catherine, Princess of Wales. (Like Diana was)

Who are these British Robber barons who have stolen from every continent on the planet.
What is a royal wedding.?

These people are a clan of theives that have abused people from all over the world, and have stolen natural resources from every continent.

There is nothing royal about that is there?

Watch it Buddy. You are trashing the 51st State there!!! :evil:

She's not 'Princess Catherine', She's HRH, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. The term 'Princess' will be added as and when William becomes Prince of Wales, ie when his father inherits the crown and becomes King, he will pass the title of Prince of Wales to William. At that time, Catherine will become HRH Catherine, Princess of Wales. (Like Diana was)
Has Prince William been demoted to Duke, until Charles assumes the throne?

Has Prince William been demoted to Duke, until Charles assumes the throne?

No, he was born a royal, therefore he is a Prince. He is now HRH Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. His wife, not having been born a royal is not entitled to the title Princess. So, she is HRH (she become Her Royal Highness by marrying into the royal family) Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.

Complicated shit.

Granny says dey shoulda sent some o' dem reporters around...

... to cover her backyard after-the-Royal Wedding Party...

... she even rented one o' dem lil' English midgets...

... in a court jester outfit...

... dat could do cartwheels, an' backflips, an' somersaults...

... an' made some o' dem balloon animals too...

... it was real entertainin'

... an' a good time was had by all.
:lol:

To the best of my knowledge, no, he's not a Lord, just a Sir.

It's the Knight of the Garter that become Lord or Lady, I think.

The wife of a knight always takes the title 'Lady'. The title of 'Lord' is only for those who have been ennobled (Knights are just 'Sir').

Not sure if she retains the title 'Lady' after a divorce.

As a small r republican, I found the whole thing annoying. But I like weddings, so that was cool. And since they rode past Parlement square, they also rode past that statue of Cromwell that is there. (When I visited England back in the day, it amused me that one of the main streets in "The royal Borough of Kensington" was Cromwell Road.)
Also, I noticed that the red carpet in the abbey went around the Churchill Memorial plaque. It is right there in the middle of the front entrance and they intended to bury him there, but the family insisted on his home in Kent. That they ran the carpet around it showed a bit of class.

Otherwise, they behave like a bunch of Okies, what with keeping their cars on the front yard and their marital troubles. Elizbeth was famous for loving Dallas. A show about a family just slightly less dysfunctional than her own.

Tony Blair was not invited, but it wasn't a snub. Since it did not involve the heir to the throne, it was not a state event, it was a family event.

Forum List

Back