Who are the Nazi's of the today?

I have considered this every time I read something where another is claiming, "Their Nazi's".

Who would you say is actually has a Nazi mentality?

I have my own thoughts on this but, I'd like to hear from both sides who they think act like Nazi's and why you think that?

The closest would be (a) the republicans, who want to go far to the right of bush and ignore all concepts of justice to fight 'teh terroists' and (b) a certain Obama advisor with a known fondness for eugenics

Hitler had elk?

:lol:

I was going to say something, lol.

Goldberg wrote a good book on the "topic" as such. (expressed in this thread badly)

It's fair, as someone said above, that to call any American party or pol NAZI is hyperbole in the most ignorent degree. To even call one another "fascist" in the U.S. of A is to miss by a good mile. However, it's always fair to take an honest look at history and try to identify trends, and dangerous trends in paticular. No one should wish to repeat the mistakes of the past.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsFoiVZDSRs]YouTube - Liberal Fascism (1) -- Jonah Goldberg ** UNEDITED **[/ame]

This. And the number of times that Hitler and his elk are invoked to make a political statement is a disgusting insult to those who died.
I disagree with you.

It is a vital part of history for everyone to reflect on and look at the propaganda that was used while the world stood by and millions were destroyed or maimed in the quest for a supposedly superior race of people.

To me when I see people say things like this it invokes thoughts of people that followed and assisted Hitler's quest to conquer humanity.
Spay or neuter the three year old.

First of all, Douger's quote looks like a poor attempt at humor, not an expression of opinion.

Every comparison between a current leader or faction and "Hitler" or "Nazis" is always fueled by hyperbole - in fact, a piece of "propaganda" itself. And just like almost all propaganda, it's at least partially true. Obama is just like Hitler - in the sense that he speaks well. Bush is just like Hitler - in the sense that he worked to consolidate power in his administration. Except neither killed 11 million people.

And it's pretty bad taste, don't you think? To piss on the memories of all the dead (including members of my family) for a cheap political point?

You are free to think that I am simply trying to make a political point yet that is not the case. I invited all that bring Nazi's into the discussions of petty issues to give their own opinion. Yet, there are some real issues to look at when looking at global destruction (not pointing at anyone politician or group). Whether it be by war or man made pestilence it takes more than one to make it or to stop it when humans are destroyed like they are animals.

I agree with you about pissing on the memories of those who died for a cheap political point. Both my husband and I also lost family members. The whole world lost a portion of its family. As they say, "never again" but now have we forgotten? Money, greed and the desire for power has caused tremendous loss of life in the world. To which the extent of I can't begin to comprehend. We live for a short time in this world. All the more reason to honor the dead and fallen but leave promise for the future generations. How can you leave promise for the future generations when we are destroying the hope and promises of the present? Most have children and some have grandchildren who will in turn have children and grandchildren. How do you keep money, greed and the desire for power from rearing its ugly head in the future?

I disagree with you.

It is a vital part of history for everyone to reflect on and look at the propaganda that was used while the world stood by and millions were destroyed or maimed in the quest for a supposedly superior race of people.

To me when I see people say things like this it invokes thoughts of people that followed and assisted Hitler's quest to conquer humanity.

First of all, Douger's quote looks like a poor attempt at humor, not an expression of opinion.

Every comparison between a current leader or faction and "Hitler" or "Nazis" is always fueled by hyperbole - in fact, a piece of "propaganda" itself. And just like almost all propaganda, it's at least partially true. Obama is just like Hitler - in the sense that he speaks well. Bush is just like Hitler - in the sense that he worked to consolidate power in his administration. Except neither killed 11 million people.

And it's pretty bad taste, don't you think? To piss on the memories of all the dead (including members of my family) for a cheap political point?

You are free to think that I am simply trying to make a political point yet that is not the case. I invited all that bring Nazi's into the discussions of petty issues to give their own opinion. Yet, there are some real issues to look at when looking at global destruction (not pointing at anyone politician or group). Whether it be by war or man made pestilence it takes more than one to make it or to stop it when humans are destroyed like they are animals.

I agree with you about pissing on the memories of those who died for a cheap political point. Both my husband and I also lost family members. The whole world lost a portion of its family. As they say, "never again" but now have we forgotten? Money, greed and the desire for power has caused tremendous loss of life in the world. To which the extent of I can't begin to comprehend. We live for a short time in this world. All the more reason to honor the dead and fallen but leave promise for the future generations. How can you leave promise for the future generations when we are destroying the hope and promises of the present? Most have children and some have grandchildren who will in turn have children and grandchildren. How do you keep money, greed and the desire for power from rearing its ugly head in the future?

You can't. It's a simple, horrible fact about human nature. It's what fuels every single politician in the entire world. It's rearing its ugly head right now - in every statehouse, city hall, and capital in the world.

The only thing we can do is educate people. That's the only way to prevent it from happening again.

Calling Bush a Nazi isn't education. Calling Obama a Nazi isn't education. Education is recognizing what people are capable of, and preventing that much power from being held by one person or ideology.

This is why I believe the 2-party system is a good thing - it prevents either side from getting too much power.

Goldberg wrote a good book on the "topic" as such. (expressed in this thread badly)

It's fair, as someone said above, that to call any American party or pol NAZI is hyperbole in the most ignorent degree. To even call one another "fascist" in the U.S. of A is to miss by a good mile. However, it's always fair to take an honest look at history and try to identify trends, and dangerous trends in paticular. No one should wish to repeat the mistakes of the past.

YouTube - Liberal Fascism (1) -- Jonah Goldberg ** UNEDITED **

Jonah Goldberg? REALLY? :eusa_eh:

Taking a honest look at history would require not trying to make a political statement after identifying with history. Which is what people who do so usually do.

To say a "trend" is the same thing as the Holocaust is disgusting. Get a new term for it. No need to keep bringing back the dead and dishonoring their memory to make a partisan political point.

YouTube - Liberal Fascism (1) -- Jonah Goldberg ** UNEDITED **

Jonah Goldberg? REALLY? :eusa_eh:

Taking a honest look at history would require not trying to make a political statement after identifying with history. Which is what people who do so usually do.

To say a "trend" is the same thing as the Holocaust is disgusting. Get a new term for it. No need to keep bringing back the dead and dishonoring their memory to make a partisan political point.

I would venture that most here, whatever political stripe they may prefer, would not equate the words "trend" and "Holocaust". To repeat myself, in more clear terms... no one party or pol can be fairly compared to NAZI's, Hitler or Fascist in modern America. Not Bush, not Obama, not the Republican or Democrat party, nor as far as I know (and I'm a noob), anyone at USMB.

For the more open minded and/or interested, here is part two (while I go outside for a smoke, lol)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hdqjDIfyfo&feature=related]YouTube - Liberal Fascism (2) -- Jonah Goldberg ** UNEDITED **[/ame]

I would venture that most here, whatever political stripe they may prefer, would not equate the words "trend" and "Holocaust". To repeat myself, in more clear terms... no one party or pol can be fairly compared to NAZI's, Hitler or Fascist in modern America. Not Bush, not Obama, not the Republican or Democrat party, nor as far as I know (and I'm a noob), anyone at USMB.

For the more open minded and/or interested, here is part two (while I go outside for a smoke, lol)

YouTube - Liberal Fascism (2) -- Jonah Goldberg ** UNEDITED **

You should definitely should not pass judgment and assume I'm not open minded. To me, and to perhaps others, you seemed to be justifying with the latter half of that statement any time that someone uses the word. Which is why I said what I did.

You could of just repeated yourself in more clear terms in that post without trying to take a swipe at me. (That is if you meant the "more open minded" comment at me.) Just because someone thinks Jonah Goldberg is a hack doesn't make someone not open minded also.

Last edited:
you see anyone murdering 11 million people?

if not, the answer is no one.

The Nazis did a whole lot more that go around murdering people. Pol Pot murdered probably more on a percentage basis. But somehow he doesn't quite reach Nazidom.

No, Nazis are a group with a definite self-identification. They preach others are inferior. They preach they are destined by god or whomever to rule over others. They use the ends justify the means argument. They change accepted definitions of words to suit their ideology. And their ultimate argument is that it is better for the world if they succeed so a little bloodshed is OK.
I think we're describing radical Islamists of the Wahhabi type here.

The Nazis did a whole lot more that go around murdering people. Pol Pot murdered probably more on a percentage basis. But somehow he doesn't quite reach Nazidom.

No, Nazis are a group with a definite self-identification. They preach others are inferior. They preach they are destined by god or whomever to rule over others. They use the ends justify the means argument. They change accepted definitions of words to suit their ideology. And their ultimate argument is that it is better for the world if they succeed so a little bloodshed is OK.
I think we're describing radical Islamists of the Wahhabi type here.

So basically you made a post to go against what Jillian said in order for you to take a swipe at Islam that could fit the radicals of pretty much any religion.

Keep it up. :thup:

Hitler had elk?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsFoiVZDSRs]YouTube - Liberal Fascism (1) -- Jonah Goldberg ** UNEDITED **[/ame]
Poor little Jonah, his mother got him recognized and he hasn't been worth crap since.

Poor little Jonah, his mother got him recognized and he hasn't been worth crap since.

???

I'll thow up part three for anyone who cares. There's more but this was the last one I watched tonight. (I saw these a year or more ago and read the book, so that's how I know about them)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqdf7Wz-Pe4&feature=related]YouTube - Liberal Fascism (3) - Jonah Goldberg ** UNEDITED **[/ame]

In any case, i've downed most of my beer and I think I can scrape up the last of the ganga to enjoy an old WWIII movie i just found on TV from my childhood. (Matthew Brodrick in Wargames) I'm at a loss as to deside what names to call my detractors whom i assume did not watch the clips but no matter....

We should have at least resolved the question from the OP... "Who are the NAZI's of today?"... nobody. THere is no modern day "NAZI" in America....

peace... night all

You can't. It's a simple, horrible fact about human nature. It's what fuels every single politician in the entire world. It's rearing its ugly head right now - in every statehouse, city hall, and capital in the world.

The only thing we can do is educate people. That's the only way to prevent it from happening again.

Calling Bush a Nazi isn't education. Calling Obama a Nazi isn't education. Education is recognizing what people are capable of, and preventing that much power from being held by one person or ideology.

This is why I believe the 2-party system is a good thing - it prevents either side from getting too much power.

I understand your grace for a two party system concept. Now what can be done since the ugly head has reared up in both parties and the two have combined as one. Their allegiance as one large entity shares a common cause. The same beast has merely grown into a larger one. Both parties have now been infiltrated with the same disease and I am afraid have now formed a stealthy alliance unbeknownst to the masses.

I understand your grace for a two party system concept. Now what can be done since the ugly head has reared up in both parties and the two have combined as one. Their allegiance as one large entity shares a common cause. The same beast has merely grown into a larger one. Both parties have now been infiltrated with the same disease and I am afraid have now formed a stealthy alliance unbeknownst to the masses.

Not quite. They're both equally corrupt, true. But the inherant competitiveness and difference in ideology puts us into a position where neither party can go too far into the extreme. Corruption will always be there - but we're not going to become a theocracy or a Communist dictatorship.

Not quite. They're both equally corrupt, true. But the inherant competitiveness and difference in ideology puts us into a position where neither party can go too far into the extreme. Corruption will always be there - but we're not going to become a theocracy or a Communist dictatorship.

I hope for all our sakes you are right.

I hope for all our sakes you are right.

Just my opinion, that I've gathered from working in politics for a while, and generally being the type of person to take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt. I hope I'm right too.

you see anyone murdering 11 million people?

if not, the answer is no one.
Is that your criteria for what defines a nazi?

OK, so what defines a Nazi?

One must be a supporter of a dictatorship or be a dictator. Nope
One must invade other countries for no other reason than conquest. Again, No.
One must gather the members of a minority into concentration camps and eventually kill them. In which ear would this have happened? Oh yeah. In all of them. So, no.
One must control the population with propaganda, internal surveillance, and by turning neighbor against neighbor. Sounds like every political party that has ever existed.

That would describe NO-ONE in American government, ever.

See the Red comments.

Forum List

Back