Who are the job creators?

I notice my proof of the provider creating the demand is being ignored. Too bad, being right is no more exclusive to the left than it is the right. We are both right.

I didn't ignore it and supported your point with a list of examples a few pages back. That's why sales is a prominent job category in our economic system. Salespeople show customers what is available who otherwise wouldn't know what is available and thereby create a demand for a product or service.

And how many of us sit around and wish we had a ________ that would do _______ ? Sooner or later somebody will invent it and make it available. The customer created the demand. But the customer didn't create the product nor take the risk to develop and produce it.

The notion that customers somehow create jobs is as silly as saying that hay creates horses. Employers who are willing to risk time, talent, and material wealth to produce a product or service that people are willing to pay for are the ones who create jobs. And of course the more jobs there are, the more customers there are because there will be more money in circulation that is available to spend.

The more risky we make that process, the fewer jobs there will be regardless of how much demand there is.

"It is dangerous for half the wage earners in this country to pay little or no federal income tax but at the same time have the numbers to select the people who will impose federal income taxes on the rest of us."

You're denying you said that now???

NYBeaner, your belief that your interpretation of what he said is accurate is utterly hysterical.

When libturds spew such complete nonsense, how can anyone take what they say seriously? Liberalism is a mental disease.

Consumers ALWAYS create the demand. Tell me one instance where there was a need for a product and someone didn't try to meet that need.

Still demanding that someone prove a contradiction isn't a contradiction? I've already exploded that idiocy.

On the other hand, business sometimes creates the demand through innovation, but there are enough failed products that should tell you that business can't always create a demand.

Irrelevant. Demand isn't sufficient to create jobs. Giving money to parasites does not reduce unemployment. End of story.

Then why do conservatives want to cut taxes to create jobs? Isn't the conservative rationale that if you let people keep more of their own money they will, AS CONSUMERS, create more demand and thus create more jobs to fill the demand?

Economies boom and jobs are created when people with ideas (entrepreneurs) are introduced to people with money.

And the best way to do that is through the stock market, banks and venture capital companies.

Last edited:
I just got done proving that wrong, nitwit.

That is why the idiot just ignored it and just went on spewing shit... it's one thing to be wrong.. it is another to be obtuse like this asshole

Jobs aren't created without demand. Consumers create the demand. Therefore, consumers are the job creators.

You keep saying that --- several times now --- and I keep pointing out that you're missing the changes to the economy that have occurred over the past 2 decades. Ignore it if you will. But consumers TODAY largely leverage foreign made staples and commodities other than food. There are underlying fundamental problems for stagnant jobs that are NOT gonna get fixed by stimulating consumption anymore. This ain't 1934...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4303302-post141.html

The only thing stimulating consumption does in our NEW economy is to bring foreign cargo ships to our ports and enrich the Corporations that have their name on the products..

Good Job... Glad you've fix the economy..

Just ignore all that and the 3 posts you blew by.. Just like your political heroes are doing.

Then why do conservatives want to cut taxes to create jobs? Isn't the conservative rationale that if you let people keep more of their own money they will, AS CONSUMERS, create more demand and thus create more jobs to fill the demand?

As I've already said, demand is a necessary condition for producers to increase their hiring. However, it's not a sufficient condition.

It's a cycle that includes all things not just demand. You can have all the demand you want but if a service isn't available or inadequate then the cycle is broken.

Is it? Again, where has there ever been a demand that someone or some business didn't try to meet that demand?

Yes, it is a cycle, but if the demand side slows down to inability to purchase then the supply side will be left without customers. All the supply in the world can't force the ability to purchase by the consumers.

There have been hundreds of thousands of products and services created throughout our history where no such demand was requested. Products can create demand just as demand creates more need for products. I do high end remodeling and often sell features that are not being demanded because consumers don't even know such things can be done.

Just last night I sold a backlit stone interior wall that will have leds glowing through glass inserts in the stone itself. When I was initially called all the customer wanted was a new fireplace. I CREATED THE DEMAND AND I'M THE PROVIDER. The job is worth 6 times what it would have been had I just provided what he demanded.

You completely missed my point. I agree that there have been hundres of thousands of products created that there was no demand for. That's not what I asked.

I asked if you can show an example where there was a need in the marketspace for a product/demand and someone/business didn't attempt to meet that need.

That is why the idiot just ignored it and just went on spewing shit... it's one thing to be wrong.. it is another to be obtuse like this asshole

Jobs aren't created without demand. Consumers create the demand. Therefore, consumers are the job creators.

You keep saying that --- several times now --- and I keep pointing out that you're missing the changes to the economy that have occurred over the past 2 decades. Ignore it if you will. But consumers TODAY largely leverage foreign made staples and commodities other than food. There are underlying fundamental problems for stagnant jobs that are NOT gonna get fixed by stimulating consumption anymore. This ain't 1934...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4303302-post141.html

The only thing stimulating consumption does in our NEW economy is to bring foreign cargo ships to our ports and enrich the Corporations that have their name on the products..

Good Job... Glad you've fix the economy..

Just ignore all that and the 3 posts you blew by.. Just like your political heroes are doing.

Did you have a point?

As I've already said, demand is a necessary condition for producers to increase their hiring. However, it's not a sufficient condition.

No, but it's the only one of the sufficient conditions that remains unmet.

Capital available? Check.

Labor available? Check.

Natural resources available? Check.

Demand for what is to be produced? No.

That's what's missing, and therefore that's what's needed.

You completely missed my point. I agree that there have been hundres of thousands of products created that there was no demand for. That's not what I asked.

I asked if you can show an example where there was a need in the marketspace for a product/demand and someone/business didn't attempt to meet that need.

Right, you asked him to produce a black Camero that isn't black.

We're all still laughing about that.

I asked if that was what you meant, since you're claiming its 'dangerous' for low income people to have the vote.

Maybe it's dangerous for the Rich to be able to put tens of millions of dollars into elections to see to it that politicians are elected who will vote THEIR interests.

Again darlin', there are remedial classes that can help you get up to speed to read AND comprehend what you read. Unfortunately, there aren't any classes to help people escape the ideological tunnel vision that allows them only one point of view.

I didn't say a single word about it being dangerous for low income people to vote.

"It is dangerous for half the wage earners in this country to pay little or no federal income tax but at the same time have the numbers to select the people who will impose federal income taxes on the rest of us."

Nope I said it and will say it again and again and again until those capable of learning have learned it. As so many leftist do, you distort it to fit your own ideological perspective and are ignoring what I actually said while twisting the words to look like something they are not.

In a government and society based on equal treatment.. we should not be 'catering' to anyone.. rather we should have equal treatment under law by government, period... not worry about who will benefit, who will cast votes, what is 'fair' etc...

So do you disagree with who the job creators are?

The consumers are not the job creators. They are the ones who create the NEED for jobs.
In the end, the ones who take the risk to expand their business are the actual job creators.

It's the need for jobs that is relevant to the discussion.

No, but it's the only one of the sufficient conditions that remains unmet.

Capital available? Check.

Labor available? Check.

Natural resources available? Check.

Demand for what is to be produced? No.

That's what's missing, and therefore that's what's needed.

I'm not arguing that consumers having more money to spend wouldn't decrease unemployment. What I object to is the notion that entrepreneurs and capitalists are irrelevant to the process. Furthermore, government taking the money from 'A' and then giving it to 'B' does not increase demand in any real sense. All it does is enrich some at the expense of others. Government cannot increase real demand, that is, demand that is the end result of a productive revenue stream.

Last edited:

Right, you asked him to produce a black Camero that isn't black.

We're all still laughing about that.

I asked no such thing.

Face it, you're lost. Your Farmer/Cow example proved my point. Your Rain/umbrella example proved my point. You're grasping at straws now.

Again darlin', there are remedial classes that can help you get up to speed to read AND comprehend what you read. Unfortunately, there aren't any classes to help people escape the ideological tunnel vision that allows them only one point of view.

I didn't say a single word about it being dangerous for low income people to vote.

Nope I said it and will say it again and again and again until those capable of learning have learned it. As so many leftist do, you distort it to fit your own ideological perspective and are ignoring what I actually said while twisting the words to look like something they are not.

You're referring to a danger. The danger you're referring to is that low income Americans can vote for representatives who will tax higher income Americans.

I said exactly the same thing, concisely.

Forum List

Back