Who are the Israelis?

The residents' patrol drove the rioters away
Jewish residents who were attacked with stones not far from the place where the Palmer family was murdered went on chase of the rioters who fled.

Over the past few days, Jewish vehicles have been attacked again and again in the section of the road near the Havat Yehuda, north of Kiryat Arba where Asher and Yonatan Palmer were murdered in a stone attack

The rioters are standing on a post that controls the Route 60 and stone the Jewish vehicles on the route time after time. About a week ago, a nine-month-old baby was injured his mother and passengers were also injured.

After Arabs hurled stones once more at vehicles, the residents stopped their cars and began to patrol the area following the rioters until the army arrived. When the vehicles were stopped, the rioters fled from the area, thus preventing further stone-throwing.

Last Sunday we also reported on a resident who was attacked in the same place that stopped his car and began chasing the rioters who fled the scene.

Zvika Levy, Israel Prize-winning ‘father of lone soldiers,’ dies aged 70
Levy is a lifetime achievement recipient of the Israel Prize, awarded to him last year.

He founded the Lone Soldiers organization in 1997, which supports some 3,500 young people annually who leave their families, usually abroad, to volunteer for Israeli army service. The organization also serves more than 1,500 Israeli soldiers who come from disadvantaged backgrounds or are estranged from their parents.

After a long career in the paratroopers unit, he has looked after lone soldiers from more than 40 countries, with most coming from the former Soviet Union, the US, Europe, Ethiopia, and South America.

In the ceremony for the Israel Prize in 2017, Levy accepted his award from a wheelchair, to a standing ovation.

F181229NS01-640x400.jpg

Zvika Levi lays a flower on a grave of an Israeli soldier at the Mount Herzl military cemetery in Jerusalem on April 19, 2007. Nati Shohat/Flash90

Zvika Levy, Israel Prize-winning ‘father of lone soldiers,’ dies aged 70

The new Arab party agrees to sit with Netanyahu: "We will sue our part in managing and navigating this country"

A new Arab party is running in the upcoming Knesset elections, and they want to represent the Arabs of Israel. "The Joint List does not represent us and the Arab sector," said Ayman Abu Raya, the party's founder, and Said Badran, a former media adviser and journalist for Ma'ariv.

According to them, in the joint Arab list, "there are many people who deserve appreciation, but they did not deliver the goods." Attorney Abu Raya reiterates the biblical sentence: "The poor of your city come up with a slogan and explain:" The Arab sector suffers from many problems. The joint is a cycle of hollow political discourse that has been going on for 70 years, whose entire purpose is aimed at Ramallah and Gaza. Forget the poor of your city. We will try in the new party to bring about a situation in which the real problems and daily hardships of the Arab citizen will be placed on the table. The Arab citizen will begin to be part of the decision makers in the country. "

They are also surprised by the fact that they will agree to sit in a coalition with Zionist parties. "We will ask to sit in the coalition," declares the party's founder. This is of course under certain conditions and their own basic guidelines. "Of course we would like to be part of the decision-makers, not the recipients of the correspondence."

In their assessment, which they claim is based on their surveys, "we have a chance to overcome the threshold, we are trying to deal with the voice of the disappointed Arabs." Abu Raya promises: "You will hear about a lot of key figures, real leaders who see the real reality, not the imaginary reality and the hallucinations and the political discourse that the Arab Al-Aqsa has been waging for seven decades." "We believe in the right of the Jewish people to live in the Land of Israel, the flag of Israel is our flag, the anthem is ours," he said.

69347120100895980551no.jpg

Last edited:
This is a clip from a debate between Yishai Fleisher, a Judean who lives on the Mount of Olives, and Alan Elzer of J Street at Temple Emmanuel in Beverly Hills. This is a short story that Yishai told the audience.

The late Shon Mondschein Z"L fell in Operation Tzuk Eitan, together with six members of the armored personnel carrier in the battle of Saja'iya.
A few days before he entered Gaza, he wrote farewell letters to his family and friends in the iPhone app, in case he did not return "...and the Lord G-d shall wipe the tears off every face...". Here is what Shon wrote:

Mother
I really love you!
You were the most amazing mother in the world
More than one can ask for
I did not want to worry you
About entering Gaza or something
Please be strong for me
And if anything happens to me, smile proudly
I love you
Love you
Love you

Father
You were a really wonderful father!
Father a real Mensch
Even though we argued in the past month
Do not relate any meaning to that
I love you
Love you
Love you
True Love

Shachaf, Shirley
And all relatives and friends
I love you!
I'll miss you
And hope you will not miss me
Because I'm happy
That I had the privilege
Fall for my country
I love her
love her
love her

So if you read the letters
Apparently I went to sleep ...
Good night
Shon.

Last edited:
2019 Elections: What Will Happen Following Dramatic Israeli Left Split?

Israelis: What do you think of Israel's more open relations with Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the Gulf?

Dr. Mordechai Kedar, Begin Sadat Center for Strategic Studies,
Bar Ilan University

AJC Global event - Caroline Glick and Ari Shavit Debate on the Peace Process

Good cultured debate, great insight into the actual situation for anyone with the eyes to see.
Israeli right and Palestinians are actually coming more and more to an evident agreement regarding one single issue - the future is one state. The furthest ideologies on the street have more in agreement, than the best version of a sane leftist agenda ever was capable to suggest in real terms. Unfortunately they're stuck in arguments from the last decade or two not seeing that since 2008 the country has experienced a quick uplift in its' political and financial position in the world, and a long string of key strategic decisions that completely challenge the old vocabulary , all in spite all of media and changing attitudes in the WH.

But that's my opinion only, I'd really like to see Caroline Grlick debate Einat Wilf, with Wilf representing the sane left that is much with it's finger on the pulse of reality, that I think would be a deserving intellectual challenge.

This was spot on - C Glick: "I don't believe for a moment that the ways to win the hearts and minds of young American Jews, is to say that "We're sorry, we're pathetic, we're desperate and we need You, that is certainly not an inspiring message, and certainly not true. It is not true that Israel is pathetic, it's is not true that it's a weak poor democracy that is in absolute need of the American Jewish community in order to continue to exist, with all due respect to our partners in the American Jewish community. That is not a kind of message people need to hear anywhere, not only here in the US, not in Israel, not in France, not in Belgium, not in S America - nowhere!
We are not a pathetic basketcase of a nation. To the contrary we go from strength to strength thank G-d!
Because we are just, we are right, we are creative, we are exciting, we believe in who we are and what we do in this world."

This is not politics for us, we see Israel as a miracle that deserves recognition rather than apology.
Even the most extreme leftist in Israel will tell You it's one of the best countries with a uniquely vibrant society that is overall thankful for the opportunity they've been given - a true example of a safe haven we wish for the rest of humanity, in spite of all media shebang and critique we know the truth - we need to take care of it and it's a good country.

When the left stops pretending it hates anything Israel by default, it can bring back the power of conviction over the young Israeli generation which is growing more young, not until then.

My 2c. as a young Israeli, discussion as always welcome:

Q. Will the Israeli left keep mirroring the majority of western outdated talking points or eventually come with fresh vocabulary? Will the settlers and the Arab tribe sheikhs create an alternative to the left and Palestinian warring fractions in favor of this realization that they are the only sides capable of an effective debate based on already a closely shared reality and proven mutual benefit?

Last edited:
Dr. Avraham Neguise, Chairman of the Caucus for African Israel Relations

Forum List

Back