• Hallmark -- they are deliberately offensive

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • NCFM -- they are oversensitive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
Hallmark Cards Inc. produced a male bashing greeting card which had "Men are scum." on the outside and "Excuse me. For a second there, I was feeling generous." on the inside. National Coalition of Free Men wrote several protest letters to Hallmark Cards. Hallmark pulled this particular card from the shelves, but similar cards remained. Was Hallmark Cards being deliberately offensive or was National Coalition of Free Men oversensitive?

The story is based on a March 2 article "Men-Bashing For Fun And Profit" by Kathy Jackson and Dallas Morning News. This is 20 days late to be current events.

Hallmark Cards Inc. produced a male bashing greeting card which had "Men are scum." on the outside and "Excuse me. For a second there, I was feeling generous." on the inside. National Coalition of Free Men wrote several protest letters to Hallmark Cards. Hallmark pulled this particular card from the shelves, but similar cards remained. Was Hallmark Cards being deliberately offensive or was National Coalition of Free Men oversensitive?

The story is based on a March 2 article "Men-Bashing For Fun And Profit" by Kathy Jackson and Dallas Morning News. This is 20 days late to be current events.
A little of both (which you did not offer), but in this day and age, Hallmark was indeed the worst offender. I suppose it means women buy more cards than men. If not, it would be interesting to know who approved a card purposely calling almost half of their customers scum. It is an interesting marketing concept, to say the least. I will remember at Valentine's Day, anniversary and if I am the buyer, on birthdays.

Everyone is hypersensitive and overly fragile these days. I am most certain that the German army lobbed relentless insults at American GIs eighty years ago. I am just as certain not a single American GI shed a tear over those harsh words. The species of human male as a whole has devolved into sappy, sensitive, blubbering piles of craven jelly.

Everyone is hypersensitive and overly fragile these days. I am most certain that the German army lobbed relentless insults at American GIs eighty years ago. I am just as certain not a single American GI shed a tear over those harsh words. The species of human male as a whole has devolved into sappy, sensitive, blubbering piles of craven jelly.
So you are the Hallmark guy that approved? Do you really care that some guys wrote a few letters of protest for Hallmark's stupidity or are is your office now in the mail room?

At the moment, I can understand both sides which is why I haven't voted yet. I will say this though, if the card making companies want their products to be purchased, the first thing that they should be is considerate towards who they want to see buy whatever they put out there, which would be as many people as possible, right?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Since animals can't buy anything, I can't help but wonder if those who stand up for animal rights would then only pitch a fit if something bad were to be written about an animal. We all know how the PETA members can come across.

Hallmark is just capitalizing on fourth wave feminism. Which is nothing less that man hating misandry. If the product sells; is that a problem with Hallmark, or…

Thank you. Most Conservatives do not approve bigotry toward any birth group. Most Progressives view men as an appropriate target for Hate Speech.

Hallmark is just capitalizing on fourth wave feminism. Which is nothing less that man hating misandry. If the product sells; is that a problem with Hallmark, or…
As I have mentioned, the information comes from March 2 article "Men-Bashing For Fun And Profit". I did skip an important part -- the article was published on March 2, 1992.

For some time after WWII, demonizing any birth group has become a taboo. Even though male-bashing started in 1980s, at that time many people still believed that there are no acceptable targets for bigotry.

Sadly, by 2022, most younger people are used to the fact that men are an acceptable target for demonization. Very few young people would object.

Forum List

Back