Who are the 47% who pay no federal taxes?

His taxes have nothing to do with your taxes. He pays what he is required by law to pay... just like you, and me, and pretty much everyone else - beside democrat politicians (who seemingly are above the tax laws).... His rate is nothing to do with him. So, unless you can provide evidence that he should have paid more and broke the law in order to get out of paying... you have no fucking point. This is not fucking rocket science... all your petty partisan whining will not change the fact that he has done nothing wrong.

It's this fucking double standard of the left - again. Your own fucking politicians lie and cheat and you say nothing. Romney... has done nothing (at least you have provided no actual evidence of any wrong doing) and you're whining like a stuck fucking pig.

Huh? How does any of that change the fact that I pay a higher rate than him?

Then write your Congressmen and have them work to get Tax code changed... Until then, hire someone to find you loopholes in Tax code that you can exploit, and enjoy your menial life as a member of the 47 percentile. And one more thing: An Inside Look At The Millions Mitt Romney Has Given Away - Forbes
Writing my Congressman is all I can do? Isn't there a Presidential race going on or something? I seem to recall maybe Romney was involved in that, I dunno.

Oh PLEASE... Go right ahead and REMOVE those awful Bush tax cuts.. ALL OF THEM.. And PLEASE raise Capital Gains thru the fucking roof...

Give the commie revolution EVERYTHING it wants.. I guarantee in 4 more years, the party will be dead.

They pay Social Security and Medicare

Which federal benefits are they recieving that you say they are not paying for?

If you have a family of four and make $25,000. What federal benefits are you getting that you don't pay for?

C'mon man.. I know you're better than that.. They are getting the DOD, the DoA, the DoEd, the DoEnergy, the IRS, the DoC, the DHS, and ALLL THOSE VITAL SERVICES.. All for fucking FREE....

If you don't think those are "federal benefits" let's both start SHUTTING THEM DOWN..
Thats what needs to happen here anyway....
:mad:

That is not what Romney said....

All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to take care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement.

If you are working and supporting a family and your deductions bring you into the 0% bracket....How is the government taking care of you?

Mitt thinks they are

OK.. so you ARE denser than I've thought.. I just told you..

They are getting the DOD, the DoA, the DoEd, the DoEnergy, the IRS, the DoC, the DHS, and ALLL THOSE VITAL SERVICES.. All for fucking FREE....
If you don't think those are "federal benefits" let's both start SHUTTING THEM DOWN..

What part of those those benefits is NOT "taking care of you"????

The 47 percent: Here's who pays no federal income tax - Economy Watch

Just who are the 47 percent?

The Tax Policy Center researchers found that about half of the group is basically exempt from federal income taxes because they are low income and also may have a large family.

In a blog released not long after its report, the TPC explained that "a couple with two children earning less than $26,400 will pay no federal income tax this year because their $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700 each reduce their taxable income to zero."

The other half are zeroing out their federal income tax bill with other provisions, such as itemized deductions or the child tax credit. Some are seniors who are living off Social Security.

To be clear, the people in this group are still paying taxes. They are subject to payroll taxes for things like Medicare and Social Security, federal excise taxes on things like gasoline and state and local taxes including sales taxes on items they purchase.

Not everyone who pays no federal income tax is in the lower income brackets. A separate report released last spring by the Internal Revenue Service found more than 35,000 people who made more than $200,000 in 2009 also managed to zero out their tax bills. That report noted that it generally takes a number of different credits and deductions for wealthy people to not pay any federal income taxes.

If you have a family of four and make $25,000. What federal benefits are you getting that you don't pay for?

Let's take a closer look at your "typical" family making $26,400 per year with two kids. Your source indicates that they will pay no federal income tax but will pay Social Security and Medicare taxes. This is not the case. A family of four filing jointly earning $26,400 will indeed owe no income tax, but in addition, they will qualify for a $4,132 earned income credit and $2,000 child credit, and receive a refund (tax free) of $6,132. Since the withholding for SS/Medicare would only be $1,492, they have a net federal benefit of $4,640, and have therefore not paid SS/Medicare, and the $4,640 net refund in most cases would subsidize all other taxes paid at any level. They will also most likely qualify for other non-tax related federal assistance. In fact, your family of four will not pay any federal income tax until their earnings exceed $45,750; hardly poverty level. To go a step further, the same family with four children earning the $26,400 will receive a $8,281 refund and a net tax benefit after SS/Medicare of $6,789. That family can earn up to $48,000 and their federal income tax refundable credits will still exceed their SS/Medicare taxes withheld, and will pay no federal income tax until earnings exceed $66,100.

In all the rhetoric about "fair share", the dirty little secret is that over 3/4 of the benefits derived from the "Bush" tax cuts were for the middle class; that amount has increased under the current administration.

Damn...it pays to be poor

That is why we probably have so many poor people

You asked "If you have a family of four and make $25,000. What federal benefits are you getting that you don't pay for?" The answer is, roughly $5,000 in cash in addition to any of the other benefits of government that are available to someone in that income range, AND the other benefits available to all, like, you know, roads and bridges.

Look, I don't agree with what Mitt said. People don't pay income taxes because they aren't asked to pay them; I certainly don't offer any more than what is absolutely required, just like Warren Buffet, and just like Mitt Romney. The mere fact that someone under current tax law doesn't pay taxes does not imply a victim mentality or a belief that they are entitled. However, the point he was trying to make is correct; there is a growing dependency culture that is alarming, and the fact is, we can't continue to run trillion dollar deficits into the foreseeable future without severe repercussions that will directly impact the lower and middle classes much more than the wealthy. And Mr. Obama's entire campaign is based upon who he can give more benefits to, be they health, education or welfare. We need a vision of the future that includes fiscal restraint and responsibility, and I don't see that vision coming from the left.

Oh PLEASE... Go right ahead and REMOVE those awful Bush tax cuts.. ALL OF THEM.. And PLEASE raise Capital Gains thru the fucking roof...

Give the commie revolution EVERYTHING it wants.. I guarantee in 4 more years, the party will be dead.

Why would you want to raise capital gains tax above the ordinary income tax rate? Seems about as illogical as having it be below ordinary income rates.

C'mon man.. I know you're better than that.. They are getting the DOD, the DoA, the DoEd, the DoEnergy, the IRS, the DoC, the DHS, and ALLL THOSE VITAL SERVICES.. All for fucking FREE....

:mad:

All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to take care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement.

If you are working and supporting a family and your deductions bring you into the 0% bracket....How is the government taking care of you?

Mitt thinks they are

They are getting the DOD, the DoA, the DoEd, the DoEnergy, the IRS, the DoC, the DHS, and ALLL THOSE VITAL SERVICES.. All for fucking FREE....

Really?

They are taking care of you? That is being dependent on Government?

That is what you think Romney was telling hs donors? That 47% of the people have an Army that is taking care of them?

What about being "entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it."???

How about the retired couple making $50,000 a year in social security and pension and takes the standard deduction and pay $0 in tax? Something about that is just wrong. I know I could always send in more but why when they would just waste it. Something is just wrong when almost half of us pay nothing.

81% of Americans pay federal taxes including payroll taxes for Medicare and Social Security and income taxes.

And the vast majority of them pay taxes at a HIGHER RATE than Romney does.

And a vast majority of them pay only a minute fraction in real dollars to what Romney pays. Truth!

Mitt thinks they are

Really?

That is what you think Romney was telling hs donors? That 47% of the people have an Army that is taking care of them?

What about being "entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it."???

Lets get this straight so we can still be buds.. I'm not on EITHER side.. Not defending Romney. He took the bait and stepped in a big pile of leftist class warfare.. He's more incompetent than I've assumed..

HOWEVER ---

This class war "fairness" is NOT on the side of your redistributionists. The facts don't support it when so many are not contributing a PENNY to the massive Govt structure and now aren't even paying their "fair share" of FICA premiums for their mandatory GOVT insurance policies..
The answer is NOT MORE class warfare.. THe answer is fiscal restraint. And for that --- there's NO WAY I can ever side with your "revolution"..

And YES ===== paying for all that massive FED GOVT infrastructure is SUPPOSED BE -- "taking care of you".. You know --- protecting your freedoms by having enough money to bomb several countries a year. And that all important ETHANOL subsidy that cleans the air you breathe (not).. ALL THAT stuff needs to get paid for --- or PREFERABLY DICED down to an affordable size...

Mitt thinks they are

Really?

I Pay a LOT in Federal Income Taxes...

50% of the Wage Earners in this Country do NOT.

I don't Care for that at all. :thup:

:)

peace...

Really?

I Pay a LOT in Federal Income Taxes...

50% of the Wage Earners in this Country do NOT.

I don't Care for that at all. :thup:

:)

peace...

Would you like to trade places with them?

The bottom line when all is said and done is that no matter what the reason or situation, the country can not have nearly half it's population being supported by the rest. It's unsustainable. All day long, back and forth, who comprises it, who needs it, who doesn't deserve it, who pays taxes, who doesn't....

The whole point being missed is as plain as the nose of one's face. It can't continue.

This is part of the Conservative argument that I don't understand

How are you supporting those 47%? They are earning money, they are supporting their own families, they are paying state and local taxes

However, by taking dependent child, mortgage, charity and medical deductions they get their federal rate down to zero

How exactly, are you supporting them?

Taking more than you give is not holding your own. Redistribution does not create opportunity, it punishes those that give more than what they take. I don't expect you to understand value, and living within your means. Taxing to the point that you harm success, encourages failure and dependency. Too many Parasites getting a free pass, is bringing us all down.

The bottom line when all is said and done is that no matter what the reason or situation, the country can not have nearly half it's population being supported by the rest. It's unsustainable. All day long, back and forth, who comprises it, who needs it, who doesn't deserve it, who pays taxes, who doesn't....

The whole point being missed is as plain as the nose of one's face. It can't continue.

How are you supporting those 47%? They are earning money, they are supporting their own families, they are paying state and local taxes

However, by taking dependent child, mortgage, charity and medical deductions they get their federal rate down to zero

So a family who 'supports themselves' but pays no taxes is independant and doing it on their own, but a family business, small company or corporation that pays tons of taxes and employs lots of people didn't 'do that on their own/didn't build that', they had the help of all the tax payers who they now owe?? So, which is it exactly??

Are they paying thru federal income tax for federal benefits, federal services, etc?? No.. that means someone else is footing that bill.. which is wrong, especially some of those very people love to scream about equality in treatment on things that concern them... Well, equality in treatment is an all encompassing thing, not just selectively choosing when it is good and when it is good to treat others differently for your benefit

What federal benefits are small businesses and companies getting that they're not paying for since they 'didn't get there on their own/didn't build that' without the help of the tax dollar?

Taking more than you give is not holding your own. Redistribution does not create opportunity, it punishes those that give more than what they take. I don't expect you to understand value, and living within your means. Taxing to the point that you harm success, encourages failure and dependency. Too many Parasites getting a free pass, is bringing us all down.

How about complaining about the tax code and not the people who follow it? When it came to Romneys tax rate all I read was, he didn't break the law and of course he's going to try to pay as little taxes as possible. Why is it ok for Romney to follow the tax code, but poor people who get the dependant child credit are mooches?

How about the retired couple making $50,000 a year in social security and pension and takes the standard deduction and pay $0 in tax? Something about that is just wrong. I know I could always send in more but why when they would just waste it. Something is just wrong when almost half of us pay nothing.

You pay income taxes on pensions.

How about complaining about the tax code and not the people who follow it? When it came to Romneys tax rate all I read was, he didn't break the law and of course he's going to try to pay as little taxes as possible. Why is it ok for Romney to follow the tax code, but poor people who get the dependant child credit are mooches?

I think the Tax Code is a Mockery, even so, how many in the lower 47% equal what Romney pays in real dollars? I'm for a Tax Code that is 50 Pages or less. I do not care how many Tax Accountants and Tax Lawyers it affects. Don't tell my Accountant I said that. ;) There is no substitute for living within your means, as best as you are able. That goes for both Rich and Poor. You really want to help the poor? Lower Credit Card Interest and Penalty. Raise the Interest on Real Savings Accounts. Lay off with Big Government running cover for the Big Monopolies.

You pay income taxes on pensions.

Depends on the State.Many Federal Jobs have protections depending on where you live.

That's EXACTLY the mistake that Romney made. Instead of staying focused on THE LAW and policy -- he got drawn into the class warfare rhetoric. All that needs to be done is to propose BETTER tax policy and open up the FAIRNESS argument to include that revelation that we can't survive with 1/2 the folks VOTING for more govt, but paying not a CENT to support it... THAT's the issue...

He made it personal --- when it never had to be. He is NOW part of the class war. Instead of being a leader based on facts and policy.

Last edited:

I think the Tax Code is a Mockery, even so, how many in the lower 47% equal what Romney pays in real dollars? I'm for a Tax Code that is 50 Pages or less. I do not care how many Tax Accountants and Tax Lawyers it affects. Don't tell my Accountant I said that. ;) There is no substitute for living within your means, as best as you are able. That goes for both Rich and Poor. You really want to help the poor? Lower Credit Card Interest and Penalty. Raise the Interest on Real Savings Accounts. Lay off with Big Government running cover for the Big Monopolies.

I'm sorry but I dont play the "real dollars" game. $100 to mitt Romney is lunch, $100 to someone living off of a min wage job is 2 weeks worth of groceries.

Im for simplifing the tax code, and I'm for a flat tax with no deductions for anyone living above the poverty line. What I'm not for is blaming Americans for following the law. Whining that Mitt Romney paid 13% is just as silly as whining that average Americans take advantage of tax credits.

Forum List

Back