White teacher wins $350K discrimination award against suburban DC school district

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
. I thought this kind of stuff didn't happen. That Blacks couldn't be racists.

White teacher wins $350K discrimination award against suburban DC school district - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation, Inc.
UPPER MARLBORO, Md. – A Maryland jury has awarded a white teacher $350,000 in damages for being discriminated against by his former principal, an African-American woman.

Everhart claims Simpson-Marcus called him “poor white trash” and “white b—-,” and told students that the “only reason a white teacher teaches in (Prince George’s) County is that they can’t get a job elsewhere.”

Simpson-Marcus’ hostility toward Everhart reportedly began in 2003 when both were working as teachers in Largo High School. Everhart says Simpson-Marcus told him that if she ever became principal, he would be the first person she would fire, the Washington Post reports.

::::::

A judge will decide if Everhart should also be awarded back pay, retirement and health benefits, and the restoration of his teaching certificate, the Post adds.

I hope he gets it, too.

White teacher wins $350K discrimination award against suburban DC school district - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation, Inc.
UPPER MARLBORO, Md. – A Maryland jury has awarded a white teacher $350,000 in damages for being discriminated against by his former principal, an African-American woman.

Everhart claims Simpson-Marcus called him “poor white trash” and “white b—-,” and told students that the “only reason a white teacher teaches in (Prince George’s) County is that they can’t get a job elsewhere.”

Simpson-Marcus’ hostility toward Everhart reportedly began in 2003 when both were working as teachers in Largo High School. Everhart says Simpson-Marcus told him that if she ever became principal, he would be the first person she would fire, the Washington Post reports.

::::::
Oops, and all humans are racist.

You're right, they're not. That's excellent grounds for an appeal. Surely, the more enlightened appellate court will agree and overturn this truly ridiculous ruling.

Please seek professional help, immediately! I am worried if you leave home, you might hurt yourself, or someone else.:cuckoo:

A judge will decide if Everhart should also be awarded back pay, retirement and health benefits, and the restoration of his teaching certificate, the Post adds.

I hope he gets it, too.

He should get that, plus at least 10x the lost pay as punitive damages. The psycho principal deserves jail time.

Forum List

Back