White T-Shirts are now Officiallly Racist

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
More pioneering public policy from California: White T-Shirts are now a sign of Racism.

I've come to the conclusion that accusations of Racism are to the present era what accusations of Being A Witch were in earlier centuries. The accused is put in the position of having to prove his or her innocence, and is punished without due process.

Students banned from a Central Coast school for wearing a white t-shirt. On Wednesday, Soquel High School suspended at least two students. The students say it's because of allegations, they're part of a white supremacist group.

"All the girls wore pink, all the sports guys wore tank tops," says Soquel High Senior Mikey Donnelly. "We were all going to wear white so that was the plan. Just wear white t-shirts to identify ourselves and look back and say that was our group of friends right there."

Soquel High Senior Mikey Donnelly wore a white t-shirt for his senior class photo Tuesday. About 10 of his friends did the same. That decision may seem harmless. But Soquel High suspended Donnelly for three days because of it.

Donnelly said the school told him people were offended and intimidated by his group, claiming they're a white supremacist gang.

"I do think this is BS," says Donnelly. "I'm not a white supremacist in any way shape or form. If I did say white power, I would probably say it just as much as I say black power."

He's not the only one upset.

"I feel disrespected," says Soquel High Senior David Mine.

Mine also wore a white t-shirt and was also suspended. He's missing out on finals and that could jeopardize his graduation.

"I'm Asian," says Mine. "I don't see how I can be a white supremacist. I'm against it completely."

Soquel Students Suspended for White Supremacy Claims - Central Coast News KION/KCBA

Last edited:
More pioneering public policy from California: White T-Shirts are now a sign of Racism.

I've come to the conclusion that accusations of Racism are to the present era what accusations of Being A Witch were in earlier centuries. The accused is put in the position of having to prove his or her innocence, and is punished without due process.

Students banned from a Central Coast school for wearing a white t-shirt. On Wednesday, Soquel High School suspended at least two students. The students say it's because of allegations, they're part of a white supremacist group.

"All the girls wore pink, all the sports guys wore tank tops," says Soquel High Senior Mikey Donnelly. "We were all going to wear white so that was the plan. Just wear white t-shirts to identify ourselves and look back and say that was our group of friends right there."

Soquel High Senior Mikey Donnelly wore a white t-shirt for his senior class photo Tuesday. About 10 of his friends did the same. That decision may seem harmless. But Soquel High suspended Donnelly for three days because of it.

Donnelly said the school told him people were offended and intimidated by his group, claiming they're a white supremacist gang.

"I do think this is BS," says Donnelly. "I'm not a white supremacist in any way shape or form. If I did say white power, I would probably say it just as much as I say black power."

Mine also wore a white t-shirt and was also suspended. He's missing out on finals and that could jeopardize his graduation.

"I'm Asian," says Mine. "I don't see how I can be a white supremacist. I'm against it completely."

Soquel Students Suspended for White Supremacy Claims - Central Coast News KION/KCBA

Do you think the ACLU will defend these students?

That's one nutty school. Geez freaking louise, let the kids take their finals.

No, I don't think the ACLU will lift a finger.

What's next? Wedding dresses?

This could be construed as a First Amendment issue. In Guiles v. Marineau, the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, held that the T-shirt worn by the plaintiff-appellant ‘through an amalgam of images and text, criticize[d]…President [George W. Bush] as a chicken-hawk president and accuse[d] him of being a former alcohol and cocaine abuser. To make its point, the shirt display[ed] images of drugs and alcohol’ is protected free speech.

Docket Nos.

The Supreme Court refused to hear the case, allowing the ruling to stand.

It could be argued that the white T-shirts constitute a form of political expression, even if the message is of ‘white supremacy.’ Advocacy of ‘white supremacy’ is not inherently criminal nor is it discriminatory but only through inference.

I’d advise the students involved to file a complaint in Federal court, if they haven’t done so already.

The ACLU will defend anyone whose rights are violated. Popular, unpopular, it doesn't matter. All they care about are your rights.

No organization has been vilified more for defending unpopular people and causes. That being said they cannot take on every case.

The ACLU will defend anyone whose rights are violated. Popular, unpopular, it doesn't matter. All they care about are your rights.

No organization has been vilified more for defending unpopular people and causes. That being said they cannot take on every case.

You are correct, except for the fact that your entire post is completely obsolete and no longer accurate.

If the kids were black there would have been bus loads of protestors led by the righteous Rev Jesse Jackson followed by Rev Al Sharpton and the ACLU and the Liberal Media led by Rachel Maddow.

Maybe they can teach the students at this school about these racist white t-shirts during Black History Month

An Asian white supremacist?

this guy is wearing a white T shirt also

Betcha he is a klansman too.
black-dude.jpg

Why weren't the girls yanked from school for being 'pinkos'? :eusa_whistle:

If a certain number of kids wore red t-shirts would they be commies?

What about orange? Home Depot impersonators?

California is beautiful . . . but :cuckoo:

I had to look it up on the map where that place is. Never heard of it. I see why now. Burb of Santa Cruz.

At least ten kids were wearing the t-shirts and only 2 got suspended. Obviously there's more to this story.

The principal has the right and the responsibility to ban any "gang related" clothing. The Supreme Court has ruled on this. The ACLU and the courts are fed up with dealing with such petty issues. Every time a kid doesn't agree with a disciplinary action, they hire a fucking lawyer. Consequently, many schools simply give up on discipline. And we wonder why some schools are out of control?

Oh and white t-shirts are UNDERWEAR. Not appropriate in school at all in my opinion.

Hmmm... singling out a group and making generalizations about them without merit or cause. Isn't there a term for that?

Forum List

Back