White parents chase black teacher out of two schools follow them out of town over unfounded CRT fears. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

We had 27 teachers quit in 2021 in one day after a school board meeting saying they are stating a DEI program.
This is happening all over and no news sources other than Fox etc. are covering it.
Teacher shortage is severe. You will see stories about "unprecedented number of teachers retiring early from burnout"... Covid related etc. No doubt some of that is true. But what is MORE trues is many of them are quitting because of DEI requirements that punish hardworking students to make room for "more inclusivity" - aka - giving a leg up to minority and gay students.
Incredible! The Leftists are driving Cops and teachers out with their divisive anti-American crap. Right when we need Cops and teachers the most. Is there any doubt that Leftists are the enemy of America?

The right wing media got all these white fish all crazy.

This is funny how misinformation can spread so fast.

Read the article it's very interesting how triggered these parents got over rumors.
When an article tells you what someone "falsely believes" than it is a bullshit article. They don't know what they believed nor if it what they believe is false. FAKE RACE BAITING AT ITS WORST.

The right wing media got all these white fish all crazy.

This is funny how misinformation can spread so fast.

Read the article it's very interesting how triggered these parents got over rumors.

The left had a full on Moral Panic over Covid, which is ongoing in some places.

Now the Right is having a Moral Panic over CRT/"grooming" in schools.

In both cases there is a threat (so save all the typing and linking) but the threat is exaggerated and overblown. Really discouraging to see my own people (conservatives) engage in this stupid Moral Panic to be honest. But I guess that's how we do things in the Stupid Century--the century where we have more access to information than ever and yet are also more stupid than ever.

We had 27 teachers quit in 2021 in one day after a school board meeting saying they are stating a DEI program.
This is happening all over and no news sources other than Fox etc. are covering it.
Teacher shortage is severe. You will see stories about "unprecedented number of teachers retiring early from burnout"... Covid related etc. No doubt some of that is true. But what is MORE trues is many of them are quitting because of DEI requirements that punish hardworking students to make room for "more inclusivity" - aka - giving a leg up to minority and gay students.

I have been banging the gong about this for a long time here, and am told that I must be a terrible teacher, just quit then. So now a veteran teacher, who gets very high marks all over, saying "look I'm really worried about my profession here, we're hurting and losing people" is just told...well too bad.

Okay.

At any rate, it's not just CRT/DEI...in many places, it's not even mostly that. It's lack of support esp regarding atrocious student behavior and honestly, teaching has some of the worst administrators/leaders you can imagine. Teachers quit bosses, just like everyone else. Not necessarily jobs.

Well all I got to say about CRT is you are not going to get the black vote when you are afraid of American history.

CRT is not history, or even close. It's a philosophy which is mostly not even factual. Big difference.

BTW I don't know of any conservative parents who have a problem with their kids learning American history such as slavery, the Civil War, the Civil Rights Movement, MLK. It's when you wander into the realm of teaching kids how they're oppressed/not oppressed NOW that things get dicey.

The left had a full on Moral Panic over Covid, which is ongoing in some places.

Now the Right is having a Moral Panic over CRT/"grooming" in schools.

In both cases there is a threat (so save all the typing and linking) but the threat is exaggerated and overblown. Really discouraging to see my own people (conservatives) engage in this stupid Moral Panic to be honest. But I guess that's how we do things in the Stupid Century--the century where we have more access to information than ever and yet are also more stupid than ever.

When people say CRT, they are not talking, primarily about formal Critical Race Theory but just it's ideas and elements being baked into the curriculum.

Ditto about grooming.

CRT is not history, or even close. It's a philosophy which is mostly not even factual. Big difference.

BTW I don't know of any conservative parents who have a problem with their kids learning American history such as slavery, the Civil War, the Civil Rights Movement, MLK. It's when you wander into the realm of teaching kids how they're oppressed/not oppressed NOW that things get dicey.

Conservative parent here and you are completely correct (about us).

When people say CRT, they are not talking, primarily about formal Critical Race Theory but just it's ideas and elements being baked into the curriculum.

Ditto about grooming.

I don't endorse either one in the curriculum of course. The Moral Panic part comes when someone posts about what a teacher in San Francisco did and conservatives are sure their kids' teachers in Anytown, Missouri are teaching the very same thing, even though said teacher has taught Sunday School for 20 years.

That is ridiculous. There are 3 million public school teachers in the US. We vary in all aspects just as much as the US does.

I don't endorse either one in the curriculum of course. The Moral Panic part comes when someone posts about what a teacher in San Francisco did and conservatives are sure their kids' teachers in Anytown, Missouri are teaching the very same thing, even though said teacher has taught Sunday School for 20 years.

That is ridiculous. There are 3 million public school teachers in the US. We vary in all aspects just as much as the US does.

Agreed.

On the other hand, their have been plenty of examples of teachers and/or administrators coming into places far less liberal than San Francisco and pushing the same ideas and often using the same... hardcore left control tactics when questioned.

These ideas have been being pushed out from the Ivory Towers for a long time now. I have found them in many surprising places.

Agreed.

On the other hand, their have been plenty of examples of teachers and/or administrators coming into places far less liberal than San Francisco and pushing the same ideas and often using the same... hardcore left control tactics when questioned.

These ideas have been being pushed out from the Ivory Towers for a long time now. I have found them in many surprising places.

This also might be true, but again, there are 3 million of us in public schools. All over this vast nation. If we had cooler heads about us, we might do things like ask our kids what's going on, talk to the teachers (really!), or attend Board meetings instead of rushing to "CRT IN EVERY SCHOOL!! GROOMERS!!"

But as I say this seems to be the Stupid Century. I guess conservatives are not immune. I'm hoping the backfire will not be as devastating as Covid overreaction and defund the police--but I don't have much hope, at that.

Forum List

Back