White New Mexico Cops Bust Black Family: Who Was Wrong

Who was wrong?

• The cops for using deadly force

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The mother for driving away

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • The son for defending his mother

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone. The mother for driving away, the son for fighting, the cops for shooting at kids

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPrlTdemjL8]Police Open Fire On Minivan full Of kids Caught On Dash Cam Mom takes Police on wild chase - YouTube[/ame]

I want to know who do you think was wrong in this situation?

The police or the family?

The mother is the one that elevated the situation that lead to the other events.

The son wouldn't have got out of the car to help, the cop would not have shot at the fleeing vehicle had she just complied with police and accepted the ticket in the first place.

It's definitely the mother's fault for driving off after being pulled over. That sets a bad example for the kids. The police officer who shot at the van had just arrived and may not have known there were kids in the car. Not really sure why he shot at it in the first place though but the culprit is the mother.

I think the cops were wrong.

After all they had the woman's license plate and address. They missed the opportunity of assembling a SWAT team doing a 3 in the morning no knock serve of warrants where they could have shot a couple dogs and maybe even a kid or two.

I'm sure the cops are kicking themselves for fucking up all the extra fun

The mother is the one that elevated the situation that lead to the other events.

The son wouldn't have got out of the car to help, the cop would not have shot at the fleeing vehicle had she just complied with police and accepted the ticket in the first place.

The officer did not follow proper procedure for discharging his firearm. The cause of the incident is on the mother, the escalation is on the son, but the officer should at a minimum be disiplined for discharing his firearm without adequate cause, and could probably be fired.

Police officers have to be held to a higher standard due to ther powers we give them, if they do not hold to these standards, they need to find another job.

After all they had the woman's license plate and address. They missed the opportunity of assembling a SWAT team doing a 3 in the morning no knock serve of warrants where they could have shot a couple dogs and maybe even a kid or two.

Using you're logic they should let every car that evades them go after jotting down the license plate number.

I guess you have never heard of stolen plates or stolen vehicles before.

We get it, you hate cops.

Using you're logic they should let every car that evades them go after jotting down the license plate number.

They should have got in thier cars and started chasing her. The only wrong part is the shots fired, nothing more.

The officer did not follow proper procedure for discharging his firearm. The cause of the incident is on the mother, the escalation is on the son, but the officer should at a minimum be disiplined for discharing his firearm without adequate cause, and could probably be fired.

Police officers have to be held to a higher standard due to ther powers we give them, if they do not hold to these standards, they need to find another job.

What is their "proper procedure"?

They should have got in thier cars and started chasing her. The only wrong part is the shots fired, nothing more.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I think I'll wait until the investigation is final and the see what if anything happens to the officer in question.

What is their "proper procedure"?

Most police officers cannot use thier firearm unless they or someone else is in immidiate danger. If she had tried to back up into them, then he could have opened fire with no issue, but she was fleeing, and was at that moment no danger to anyone directly.

They should have gotten in thier cars and started pursuit.

The officer actually had more right to fire either his sidearm or the Taser when the kid was tussling with him, then when the car was leaving.

wow.....i had not seen this...she is at fault for pulling away.....period...she endangers her kids by doing that...i think the police over reacted firing into the van but damn all she had to do was stay put....she knew she had this hot headed 14 yr old...who reacts like any hot headed 14 yr old would thinking his mom is threatened...

I saw this incident on TV. I think ultimately the cops used excessive force. Hauling out guns, shooting into a van of little children, and high speed chases in urban areas over minor traffic offenses just aren't appropriate. I was taught that when the cops stop you, be respectful, cooperative, and then when the stop is over be on your way. In that order. No doubt the family members erred, but if there was anything involved other than a traffic offense I haven't heard about it. Cops should have to be accountable for being the adrenaline junkies that some of them are. Kid should have stayed in the car and kept his mouth shut. Being ill raised doesn't qualify police to shoot at a van full of kids.

Last edited:
On her website Orianna Ferrell bills herself as an 'Women's Empowerment Coach'.

One of her charges is possession of drug paraphernalia.

And she's also been sued by a former landlord who says she left a home she was renting in terrible condition.

Yea, a real role model for women. . :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back