White House says Global Warming too simple for people to understand

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
It always helps when the other side thinks they are smarter than you are.

From the administration that brought you "man-caused disaster" and "overseas contingency operation," another terminology change is in the pipeline.
The White House wants the public to start using the term "global climate disruption" in place of "global warming" -- fearing the latter term oversimplifies the problem and makes it sound less dangerous than it really is.
White House science adviser John Holdren urged people to start using the phrase during a speech last week in Oslo, echoing a plea he made three years earlier. Holdren said global warming is a "dangerous misnomer" for a problem far more complicated than a rise in temperature.

FOXNews.com - White House: Global Warming Out, 'Global Climate Disruption' In

I love the presentation Holdren gave.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/jph-kavli-9-2010.pdf

Rocks and the others are going to love this.

All I can say is wow. I love how they repackage and rename the same old crappy graphs.
The one page I found particularly illustrative was the one that linked Hot/Cold, Humid/Dry, and Warm/Cold "events with "GCD" gotta love how they cover all the bases there!:lol::lol:

It's all about taking your money away and whatever power the individual had left as well.

Forum List

Back