White House: "Politically motivated criticism serves Al Qaeda"

Dissent is the highest form of Shut the Fuck Up!!! You're serving Al Qaeda!!!!

"In an oped in USA Today, John Brennan -- Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism -- responds to critics of the Obama administration's counterterrorism policies by saying "Politically motivated criticism and unfounded fear-mongering only serve the goals of al-Qaeda."

WH: Some Critics 'Serving the Goals of al Qaeda'* - Political Punch

hated when Bush admin said shit like this, hate when Obama admin says shit like this. As much as the criticism if often small and petty and obviously partisan in nature, that doesn't make al quaida win at all

STFU to this guy is what I have to say

"In an oped in USA Today, John Brennan -- Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism -- responds to critics of the Obama administration's counterterrorism policies by saying "Politically motivated criticism and unfounded fear-mongering only serve the goals of al-Qaeda."

This is exactly, literally, almost word for word 100% exactly what the Bush Administration did.

Both administrations should be admonished from all sides for their rank and distasteful invocation of "helping the terrorists" in order to silence dissenters and critics.

It's absolute bullshit, no matter who does it. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree that "unfounded fear-mongering only serves the goals of al-Qaeda," that's absolutely true and how terrorism works and many politicians (especially those on the right, but many in the center or pretend-left) fall completely into al-Qaeda's hands on that issue.

But to conflate that with "politically motivated criticism," even if the criticism is dumb, unfounded, or purely partisan, is frankly disgusting and it's exactly the type of thing all honest people condemned the last administration for and hypocrites will pretend is any different now when used by the opposing political party.

Last edited:
I just love politics. It's a great spectator sport. I especially like to watch the little bouncing ball go from the "Bush fucked it up" side of the table back to the "Owe Bama fucked it up" side of the table. Follow the bouncing ball. We all spend countless hours on this site re-enforcing this principal to whoever is on our side. It's exactly what they are doing in Congress. Because of that, we the taxpayers, are getting screwed on a regular basis. Too much finger pointing and Congressmen demanding "their way or the highway". Seems like way back in my old high school civics class I was told that Congress was there to serve "we the people". I don't believe that anymore. They are there simply to serve themselves and stay in power for as long as they absolutely can and accomplish only things that will win them votes come the next election. It's all bullshit, isn't it? Both sides are equally guilty. Only the side that is currently in power has a voice. I have a novel idea for our Congressmen. It's pretty simple. Quit acting like a bunch of fucking school kids and do the people's work. Can it be said any simpler?

Darkwind, if that's all it takes to flip your wig, you're a pussy.
Funny. Have you been a keyboard commando long?

Nope, started messageboards when I joined here.

Been a U.S. Navy Sailor since July 1982 though. Was part of the Security Force at the Naval War College in Newport RI, as well as have spent time in 4 war zones.

But no........no keyboard commando action here. I can actually back my shit up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Do you remember the Bush gang calling people traitors for talking shit about Bush?

That was when he was LYING us into war.
You know something. you are quickly turning into the single biggest liar on this forum. And that is saying something given the likes of Chris and NYCarb.....

No one was called traitor for disagreeing with Bush. They were called treasonous by some for making anti-American statements. I wasn't one of them but agreed that some of the comments were borderline. If you cannot distinguish between speaking out against policy and simply being anti-American, then there is no hope for you.

Now answer Me this question. When it was alleged that Bush was silencing dissent by using phrases like, "Being against the war is just being political and harms America's cause" did you or didn't you scream at the top of your lungs that the administration was silencing dissent?

But more importantly. If you hated it then, why are you defending it now?

NO, protestors of the war were called unpatriotic, unamerican, terrorist supporters. Or did you just ignore that?

BTW , this is not Obama saying this is it?

Bush said it himself over and over and you brick brains repeted it daily.

What is the title of the man saying this?

That Obama is not the one saying it is an important distinction to be made, but only if Obama distances himself from the comment and flatly states that he disagrees with it can he not be tarnished by its hypocrisy and ugliness.

John Brennan, by the way, was an ardent supporter of torture and one of the most emphatic advocates of FISA expansions and telecom immunity. He shouldn't have anything to do with the Administration anyway and Obama is responsible for putting him there knowing his background.

See there you go.

The head of counter terror under Bush and Obama says the Obama distractors are USING our countries safety for political purposes and the right reacts how?

They call Americans they dont agree with terrorists.

You people are void of a moral compass.

Now where and when did I hear stuff like this before?
You are either with us or for terrorism?

Not that I agree with either time and useage, but the gushing hypocracisy is funny as hell.

The hypocrisy of right-wing assholes on a message board (and in the media) is certainly considerable and fair to note. But assuming those above Brennan don't reject his view or clarify that it's not the stance of the Administration, isn't the hypocrisy of the White House a lot more significant and worthy of derision?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back