White House orders end to COVID-19 airport screenings for international travelers

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Why is the president doing all he can to make the problem with the virus worse?

The man has known how deadly and contagious this virus is since at least last January, yet he keeps doing all he can to spread it more. How many more deaths are needed before he stops taking these totally irresponsible and deadly actions?

This will bring the virus here from overseas to spread, cause death and further destroy our nation.

Why was there never a national standard on air travel during this pandemic?

The man has known how deadly and contagious this virus is since at least last January, yet he keeps doing all he can to spread it more. How many more deaths are needed before he stops taking these totally irresponsible and deadly actions?

This will bring the virus here from overseas to spread, cause death and further destroy our nation.

fake news with no source,,,

It's real, but the OP says it was Trump's decision when it was really the CDC's. From another source:

The CDC said it was ending the screenings due to a better understanding of the coronavirus that indicated that the symptom-based screening has “limited effectiveness because people with COVID-19 may have no symptoms or fever at the time of screening, or only mild symptoms.”

“Therefore, CDC is shifting its strategy and prioritizing other public health measures to reduce the risk of travel-related disease transmission,” the agency said.

A Trump administration official told CNN that a draft public affairs guidance memo lays out the rationale for ending airport screenings, stating that of the 675,000 passengers screened at 15 airports, fewer than 15 have been identified as having COVID-19.

So what the CDC is saying is that it's a waste of time because for one, Covid is hard to stop since it can't be detected in it's early stages, and two, 15 people out of nearly 700,000 is so few that the cost to taxpayers and flight customers doesn't justify it. In my city, we have 15 new cases discovered every single day, and usually more.

Last edited:

Remember, Trump and his Trumpsters exist within their own isolated, separate, entirely closed-circuit reality.

What may seem ridiculous and strange in normal world, is smart and cool and The Truth and manly and MAGA in that world.

Once you see the distinction, many of their actions begin to make more sense.

It's real, but the OP says it was Trump's decision when it was really the CDC's. From another source:

The CDC said it was ending the screenings due to a better understanding of the coronavirus that indicated that the symptom-based screening has “limited effectiveness because people with COVID-19 may have no symptoms or fever at the time of screening, or only mild symptoms.”

“Therefore, CDC is shifting its strategy and prioritizing other public health measures to reduce the risk of travel-related disease transmission,” the agency said.

A Trump administration official told CNN that a draft public affairs guidance memo lays out the rationale for ending airport screenings, stating that of the 675,000 passengers screened at 15 airports, fewer than 15 have been identified as having COVID-19.

So what the CDC is saying is that it's a waste of time because for one, Covid is hard to stop since it can't be detected in it's early stages, and two, 15 people out of nearly 700,000 is so few that the cost to taxpayers and flight customers doesn't justify it. In my city, we have 15 new cases discovered every single day, and usually more.

This is precious. I have to say the irony is thick. So now, it's the CDC that's responsible for ending the testing? I wonder who could have suggested that?
And I find it deeply amusing that you accused Obama of ending the redundant testing for the H1N1 virus when it was the CDC that just did the..exact..same..thing.
You Trump supporters really have jumped the shark. :auiqs.jpg:

Sounds like the CDC has decided what should be done.

Remember, Trump and his Trumpsters exist within their own isolated, separate, entirely closed-circuit reality.

What may seem ridiculous and strange in normal world, is smart and cool and The Truth and manly and MAGA in that world.

You're so full shit its unbelievable. The CDC decided this. Not Trump.

I used to like your posts now all I hear is anti Trump and little else.

Guess you forgot before Covid UE was the lowest its been in 50 years and we had jobs all across this country thanks to Trump. We had a great economy and will have it again once Covid is done. All thanks to the man you love to hate.

Dismissed.

I suggest you vote for Biden.

"... according to communications and sources."

:auiqs.jpg:

Guess you forgot before Covid UE was the lowest its been in 50 years and we had jobs all across this country thanks to Trump. We had a great economy and will have it again once Covid is done. All thanks to the man you love to hate.

Dismissed.
He lied to us, then he mocked Americans for trying to protect themselves.

All while Americans were dying.

Go ahead and support that.

Dismissed.

I suggest you vote for Biden.

Its less deadly than the flu a couple of years ago. 94 percent of the deaths were elderly and severely ill. Of the 180,000 that have died, only 6 percent, approximately 9000 died from the virus.
Actual deaths from this virus alone are very few... The numbers are severely inflated as every death that 'could' be COVID is counted in the US.. It is pure propaganda from far left wing wackos and people who are pushing a control agenda...

I wish there was much clearer guidance on death reporting. Comorbidities are the issue.

The man has known how deadly and contagious this virus is since at least last January, yet he keeps doing all he can to spread it more.

If this virus is so deadly why is Nancy Pelosi sneaking out to get a 'rinse and blow' while keeping other people's businesses shuttered....

...and why are Democrat politicians supporting and facilitating the foreign-funded Domestic Terrorists' continuing riots, looting, burning, assaulting, murdering, flag burning, especially when they are not social distancing & the only ones wearing masks are those committing smart enough to want to hide their identities??????

Trump played the Trumpsters for fools, now they're very touchy.

Understandable.

What is understandable is your flight to this thread after getting your emotional rant debunked and your ass spanked in the last thread you were driven from through the use of actual historic, documented, reported facts.....

Dismissed.

He didn't lie you dumbass. I suppose you need someone to tell you what to do in an emergency like this??

Most Americans were following it and like me they used common sense and didn't wait for anyone to tell them what to do.

Hell I bought a mask and used 6 feet between people before the CDC came out with those instructions and if you think I'm the only one then you are dumber than you appear to be.

I don't hear you talking about how the Dems called him a racist for wanting to curtail flight into the US.

I don't hear you debasing Pelousy for telling everyone the virus was nothing and they should all enjoy the Chinese New Year.

In fact the only shit I've heard you scream about is how Trump should have done more.

Dismissed.

Trump played the Trumpsters for fools, now they're very touchy.

Understandable.

What is understandable is your flight to this thread after getting your emotional rant debunked and your ass spanked in the last thread you were driven from through the use of actual historic, documented, reported facts.....
I was? Wow, that's so cool!

Dismissed.

He didn't lie you dumbass. I suppose you need someone to tell you what to do in an emergency like this??

Most Americans were following it and like me they used common sense and didn't wait for anyone to tell them what to do.

Hell I bought a mask and used 6 feet between people before the CDC came out with those instructions and if you think I'm the only one then you are dumber than you appear to be.

I don't hear you talking about how the Dems called him a racist for wanting to curtail flight into the US.

I don't hear you debasing Pelousy for telling everyone the virus was nothing and they should all enjoy the Chinese New Year.

In fact the only shit I've heard you scream about is how Trump should have done more.

Dismissed.
Okay Trumpster. Dismissed.

Its less deadly than the flu a couple of years ago. 94 percent of the deaths were elderly and severely ill. Of the 180,000 that have died, only 6 percent, approximately 9000 died from the virus.
Actual deaths from this virus alone are very few... The numbers are severely inflated as every death that 'could' be COVID is counted in the US.. It is pure propaganda from far left wing wackos and people who are pushing a control agenda...

I wish there was much clearer guidance on death reporting. Comorbidities are the issue.

I agree. Hell they were predicting 3.2 million and were way off thank God.

Dismissed.

Dismissed.
Okay Trumpster. Dismissed.

Oh I support Trump. I didn't go into the polls in 2016 to vote for him but then I figured he's not a politician and never has been. He's a billionaire who can't be bought and he's a businessman who knows how to get shit done. Best vote I ever cast.

Oh and no answer for what I posted except I'm a Trumpster?? Guess Pelousy lying isn't as bad as how you say Trump lied. Oh and the Dems calling him a racist for wanting to slow the spread of the virus is okay with you as well.

Typical and doubly dismissed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back