White House: No Victory Ceremonies for Troops Returning from Iraq

Obama to honor troops as Iraq combat mission ends - Yahoo! News

Ohhhhhhhhhhh...there IS another side of the story.

"he'll personally thank some of the soldiers"

From in the story you posted... he'll have a photo op with about 5-10, is my guess...

Personally, I would either not salute, or salute the bastard left handed....

Hell.. I served under Clinton for a good portion of my time, and he was horrible to the military.... and I still respect him more than Obama

From in the story you posted... he'll have a photo op with about 5-10, is my guess...

Personally, I would either not salute, or salute the bastard left handed.

Hell.. I served under Clinton for a good portion of my time, and he was horrible to the military.... and I still respect him more than Obama
Good thing you aren't in the military any more. :thup:

Why would we have a VICTORY ceremony? What did we win????

Major Iraq goals

Disarming Saddam Hussein
Strike a major blow in the war on terror
Establish democracy in Iraq, keep Iraq whole and help transform the region
Intimidate other rogue nations and curb proliferation
Preserve and expand U.S. influence in the region, enhance Israel's security and facilitate resolution of the Arab-Israeli conflict

The last one being kind of wishy washy, because you will never have a leadership like the on in Iran wanting to resolve anything with the Israelis...

Other than that, you have to say that we were successful, AKA victorious... were there setbacks and things that could have been done better? Sure... just as there are in any conflict and aftermath.... but we were indeed victorious and these returning vets are as deserving of having their honor, their return celebrations, and the support of their CIC for more than just a personal photo op

Good thing you never were

Good thing you never were
I know, you probably would have shot me as a subversive. :cuckoo:

Major Iraq goals

Disarming Saddam Hussein
Preserve and expand U.S. influence in the region, enhance Israel's security and facilitate resolution of the Arab-Israeli conflict

The last one being kind of wishy washy, because you will never have a leadership like the on in Iran wanting to resolve anything with the Israelis...

Other than that, you have to say that we were successful, AKA victorious... were there setbacks and things that could have been done better? Sure... just as there are in any conflict and aftermath.... but we were indeed victorious and these returning vets are as deserving of having their honor, their return celebrations, and the support of their CIC for more than just a personal photo op

DD...you and I are NOT going to agree on this point, and that is OK. We are allowed. But honestly, what did WE win. WE spent nearly a trillion dollars and over 4,500 US lives. What did WE win?

Major Iraq goals

Disarming Saddam Hussein

DD...you and I are NOT going to agree on this point, and that is OK. We are allowed. But honestly, what did WE win. WE spent nearly a trillion dollars and over 4,500 US lives. What did WE win?

Assisting a call for help from Kuwait (yes, same war... cease-fire from initial conflict was violated re-opening the same conflict)... eliminating Saddam (eventually but later than we should have)... helping Iraq set up their own free government which is not a puppet... helping set the country on a path to hopefully keep that free government... smacking terrorists in the mouth off of US soil... showing we are not afraid to fight when continually provoked (that is when we don't have a pussy CIC).. we do have a base for intel other than Israel in the ME now

It's not like WE fought the war for treasure or booty (not ass, you know what I mean) :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back