"White House lowering expectations for Iraqi elections"

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by ScreamingEagle, Jan 15, 2005.

  1. ScreamingEagle
    Offline

    ScreamingEagle Gold Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2004
    Messages:
    12,887
    Thanks Received:
    1,610
    Trophy Points:
    245
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    [variation on K's topics:]

    Love the media's negative take, i.e.,"White House lowering expectations" because the White House said "the election is not going to be perfect". Like we had HIGH expectations? Such as? :wtf:

    I'd say that 14 million already registered out of 26 million is a pretty darned good accomplishment! That's 14 million people who now have a voice in their country, 14 million who were formerly voiceless and silenced by force.

    I'd say that having 75% of Iraqi's 18 provinces secure enough for the elections to proceed is a very good start. Poor security remains only in 4 provinces: Nineveh, Anbar, Salahadin and Baghdad and only represents about 25 percent of Iraqi's population. That leaves 75% of the population free to vote!

    How about more positive headlines you media people? Like praising the actual progress in Iraq? Praising Bush's leadership? Praising the spread of Democracy? [I won't hold my breath waiting]
     

Share This Page