White House apologizes to ousted USDA worker

fyrenza

Ariel Looney
May 22, 2010
south Texas
WASHINGTON — An embarrassed White House apologized on Wednesday to a black Agriculture Department employee who was ousted for her remarks about race, acknowledging that officials did not know all the facts when she was fired.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs called the dismissal of Shirley Sherrod an injustice and a mistake. He said Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack was trying to reach her to extend the administration's apology.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

The Associated Press: White House apologizes to ousted USDA worker

After hearing the entire vid, I honestly think that the whole thing WAS blown out of proportion and even the White House got fooled by believing "the story."

I'm ashamed of myself, and feel a little sick to my stomach at the realization that there truly are NO media outlets that we can put our trust in.

<sigh>

<~ pawned, deLUXE :(

Maybe Obama can have another "Beer Summit."

Perhaps this has taught them to hold back until all the facts are in...

Maybe Obama can have another "Beer Summit."

Perhaps this has taught them to hold back until all the facts are in...

Nah... probabl;y just a DOJ inquiry into Breitbart. Sad that the WH let a blog get them so badly. Shows just how deep they are not.

agreed the WH collective heads are spinning so bad they take bait from sophmoric fox hounds.

Why is the WH apologizing???? I thought it was Fox News' fault?????

Fox news carrying this story is the only reason she was asked to resign.

Fox should never be trusted again by the American people or the white house.

Have any of you bashing Fox actually watched any of their coverage of the story? Or are all your comments coming from what you've been reading and seeing from other sources? Because I'll tell you, going against my better judgement, and based on everything I've been reading here, I tuned into Fox to see for myself.

Truth is, Beck defended Sherrod yesterday. Every other news delivery agent on Fox I've seen since has defended her. I skipped Hannity and Greta and I doubt I'll continue viewing long enough to see what Hannity does, but he's a douchbag anyway.

This is a classic example of why one should allways wait and get the whole story...not just the 15 second soundbites that the media feeds you. All of media is to blame for that particular habit and I am glad the WH is apologising but as the lady said, somebody in the admin should have called her to get her side of the story (because there usually ARE two sides to a story), the fact they didn't is shameful.

Fox news ran with this story that they knew came from a unreputable source.

The admins biggest mistake was trusting Fox to vet its stories properly.

This whole thing smells very bad to me.

It's so orchestrated. we are being manipulated.

The doctored video to blog to fox to full circle she is a reformed racist who now devotes her life to civil rights and service? Please. This is an oprah movie for pete's sake.

WASHINGTON — An embarrassed White House apologized on Wednesday to a black Agriculture Department employee who was ousted for her remarks about race, acknowledging that officials did not know all the facts when she was fired.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs called the dismissal of Shirley Sherrod an injustice and a mistake. He said Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack was trying to reach her to extend the administration's apology.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

The Associated Press: White House apologizes to ousted USDA worker

After hearing the entire vid, I honestly think that the whole thing WAS blown out of proportion and even the White House got fooled by believing "the story."

I'm ashamed of myself, and feel a little sick to my stomach at the realization that there truly are NO media outlets that we can put our trust in.

<sigh>

<~ pawned, deLUXE :(

It was a conservative blogger who did the misrepresenting and I wouldn't even bother visiting that blog if I were you (im not mentioning it as i dont want to give it any screentime).

Obama "acted stupidly" on this one. The reason I said "acted stupidly" because the last time he rushed to judgement and jumped the gun on a racial issue was with that officer crowley and professor gates incident.

I hope the pres has learned from this and does not jump the gun on race issues in the future.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice ;)

Fox news carrying this story is the only reason she was asked to resign.

Fox should never be trusted again by the American people or the white house.

Liar!!! Fox News did not report on this until after she resigned.

Why do you continue to post this lie?

Rick

Forum List

Back