White America Has Lost Its Mind

White America Has Lost Its Mind - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

Great take on the current political state of country and is truthful, even if it does and will piss some people off.

So, this is what has your and Steven Thrasher's (author of the article) panties in a wad?

From the article you cited:

As with other forms of dementia, the signs weren't obvious at first. After the 2008 election, when former House majority leader Tom DeLay suggested that instead of a formal inauguration, Barack Obama should "have a nice little chicken dinner, and we'll save the $125 million," black folks didn't miss the implication. References to chicken, particularly of the fried variety, have long served as a kind of code when white folks referred to black people and their gustatory preferences—and weren't many of us already accustomed to older white politicians making such gaffes?

I thought only Robert Byrd used fried Chicken to refer to black people and their "gustatory preferences."

It's not that I'm hyper sensitive. It's that every instance of racism is dismissed as blacks being hyper sensitive. Nothing in some peoples eyes is racist. I'm a little more sensitive to racism since I lived and experienced it myself. To a white person (I;m assuming you are white) blacks should drop it...even when there is actual racism it's still dismissed as "blacks being too sensitive" and followed by the phrase "I'm not defending them but...".

The reason why accusations of racism fall on deaf ears to many white people is because frivolous accusations of racism have been rampant in recent years. I can point you to countless examples of the NAACP and other so called black leaders crying wolf on racism simply because something didn't go their way. You criticize Obama, it's because he's black. You can find plenty of these accusations from Obama supporters on this very message forum. I have read countless posts by Obama supporters here to the effect of, "I can't wait to see a white president get treated this way" or "I guess some people can't handle a black man in the White House" etc. You can find responses like that here almost daily. The OP of this thread is one of those guilty of it.

I frequently give negative rep to people who exploit racism in that manner and in my comments I tell them all the same thing. Crying wolf on racism harms the real victims of it and what your post said is exactly what I'm referring to. The real victims of racism get hurt because when they come forward nobody believes them and nobody believes them because the public gets bombarded with false accusations all the time.

What's wrong with a chiken dinner? I had Popeyes last night, it was awesome. Too bad the shit's not so good for you, cause it sure is good.

Hey!

Lets put on a Minstrel Show!

Uh... what does this have to do with chicken dinners? Was chicken a staple at the Minstrel Show?

Sorry, Ollie North style plausible deniability doesn't work. Here's an image that was included in a news letter put out by Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated.

obamabucks3.jpg

It's not that I'm hyper sensitive. It's that every instance of racism is dismissed as blacks being hyper sensitive. Nothing in some peoples eyes is racist. I'm a little more sensitive to racism since I lived and experienced it myself. To a white person (I;m assuming you are white) blacks should drop it...even when there is actual racism it's still dismissed as "blacks being too sensitive" and followed by the phrase "I'm not defending them but...".

The reason why accusations of racism fall on deaf ears to many white people is because frivolous accusations of racism have been rampant in recent years. I can point you to countless examples of the NAACP and other so called black leaders crying wolf on racism simply because something didn't go their way. You criticize Obama, it's because he's black. You can find plenty of these accusations from Obama supporters on this very message forum. I have read countless posts by Obama supporters here to the effect of, "I can't wait to see a white president get treated this way" or "I guess some people can't handle a black man in the White House" etc. You can find responses like that here almost daily. The OP of this thread is one of those guilty of it.

I frequently give negative rep to people who exploit racism in that manner and in my comments I tell them all the same thing. Crying wolf on racism harms the real victims of it and what your post said is exactly what I'm referring to. The real victims of racism get hurt because when they come forward nobody believes them and nobody believes them because the public gets bombarded with false accusations all the time.

Exactly. Some simultaneously argue "judge me on my merits" and then call you a "racist" when you criticize them. You can't have it both ways...

I new the usual retards would respond in a certain manner, thats to be expected, but whats really funny is how people who claim not to be so racist get so overly sensitive when race is talked about.

Actually, I'm just taking the opportunity to point out what a fraud you are. Citing some fruitcake Village Voice artcile claiming white people to be crazy hardly rates as an intelligent discussion on race.

when white people get as crazy as that dude who thought Guam was gonna tip over I'll worry. NOt now.

I new the usual retards would respond in a certain manner, thats to be expected, but whats really funny is how people who claim not to be so racist get so overly sensitive when race is talked about.

Actually, I'm just taking the opportunity to point out what a fraud you are. Citing some fruitcake Village Voice artcile claiming white people to be crazy hardly rates as an intelligent discussion on race.

Birthers aren't crazy?

Birthers aren't crazy?

Uhm, ok.... I'll play along.... tomatoes?

agreed...calling someone a racist using a lower , shaky threshold is not like throwing a rock,which will never lose its heft, but the dreaded "U R a racist " offense looses its potency over time when it is used as just a intellectually exhausted slap down to drive an 'inconvenient truth' during conversation via emotionalism into a ditch because the conmvse4ration is heading somewhere they don't want it to go.....

Why don't black people like fried chicken? They're missing out on one of the best things in life.

Birthers aren't crazy?

.2 can play that;

truthers aren't crazy?

... so where are we now? :rolleyes:

White America Has Lost Its Mind - Page 1 - News - New York - Village Voice

Great take on the current political state of country and is truthful, even if it does and will piss some people off.

I agree. I mean look at this poll.... 91% of blacks still approve of Obama where all other races only have a 36% approval rating of Obama... What is wrong with white people, and all other races for that matter???? :lol::lol::lol:

Ominous new Gallup findings for Democrats: Blacks still love Obama, others not so much | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

The majority, if not 99% of the backlash against Obama and his government is backed and dominated by whites who are insecure with a deepseated fear that Obama as a black president thats going to pay back whites for years of oppression and racism by "taking away their country" which doesn't surprise me because the slavemaster had the same fear of his slaves despite living in a country and time when they are literally in charge and in power. They fail to realize that Obama can't do anything unilaterally himself.

Forum List

Back