White Affirmative Action

Bass v 2.0

Biblical Warrior For God.
Jun 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
White Affirmative Action

Key points from the article

* To see all the effects of race requires looking back a few generations. I left college with no student loans. Why was my father able to pay for my college education? As a World War II-era veteran, he went to graduate school on the GI Bill and got a subsidized mortgage from the Veterans Administration, benefits from which most veterans of color were excluded. As a homeowner, he got the mortgage interest deduction, a tax break unavailable to the majority of people of color who were renters.

* If I’d been born a person of color in 1956, the odds are very likely that I’d be less well off today. In 2001, the typical white family had $120,000 in net worth (assets minus debts), seven times as much as the $17,000 net worth of the typical family of color, according to new Federal Reserve data. Most white people are homeowners with retirement accounts thanks to government policies that boosted our parents’, grandparents’ and ancestors’ assets. The financial benefits of affirmative action programs are dwarfed by the benefits of, say, the Homestead Acts of 1862, which gave millions of acres to white settlers, and which excluded people of color.

* When President Bush weighed in with the Supreme Court against the University of Michigan’s affirmative action policy, he was acting within this long tradition of the federal government promoting the advancement of white Americans. There has been no legal challenge to Michigan’s preference for “legacy” applicants (children of alumni), or to the preference given to low-income white students. Only the boost to qualified applicants of color was attacked.

“Slavery was a long time ago,” goes the argument against preferences for African Americans. And it is true that the best-known transfers of wealth from people of color to white people – taking land from Native Americans and Mexicans, as well as slavery – are no longer in living memory of Americans today. Segregation and legal discrimination were outlawed with the 1964 Civil Rights Act. But long after de jure racism was past, policies with de facto racially disparate impact continued. White people still tend to get easier credit terms, better schools, shorter prison sentences, and more generous government benefits than people of color.

The truth indeed.

White Affirmative Action

Key points from the article

* To see all the effects of race requires looking back a few generations. I left college with no student loans. Why was my father able to pay for my college education? As a World War II-era veteran, he went to graduate school on the GI Bill and got a subsidized mortgage from the Veterans Administration, benefits from which most veterans of color were excluded. As a homeowner, he got the mortgage interest deduction, a tax break unavailable to the majority of people of color who were renters.

* If I’d been born a person of color in 1956, the odds are very likely that I’d be less well off today. In 2001, the typical white family had $120,000 in net worth (assets minus debts), seven times as much as the $17,000 net worth of the typical family of color, according to new Federal Reserve data. Most white people are homeowners with retirement accounts thanks to government policies that boosted our parents’, grandparents’ and ancestors’ assets. The financial benefits of affirmative action programs are dwarfed by the benefits of, say, the Homestead Acts of 1862, which gave millions of acres to white settlers, and which excluded people of color.

* When President Bush weighed in with the Supreme Court against the University of Michigan’s affirmative action policy, he was acting within this long tradition of the federal government promoting the advancement of white Americans. There has been no legal challenge to Michigan’s preference for “legacy” applicants (children of alumni), or to the preference given to low-income white students. Only the boost to qualified applicants of color was attacked.

“Slavery was a long time ago,” goes the argument against preferences for African Americans. And it is true that the best-known transfers of wealth from people of color to white people – taking land from Native Americans and Mexicans, as well as slavery – are no longer in living memory of Americans today. Segregation and legal discrimination were outlawed with the 1964 Civil Rights Act. But long after de jure racism was past, policies with de facto racially disparate impact continued. White people still tend to get easier credit terms, better schools, shorter prison sentences, and more generous government benefits than people of color.

The truth indeed.

My niece, an average student, her father being black, got a 5 year scholarship.. a FULL ride to Tuskegee university...They even bought her a computer.

My nephew, valedictorian of his class and all white, went to MIT and it cost him more than $40,000 a year and that's WITH a scholarship.

Sorry, I don't buy your lies. Today, blacks have an advantage based simply on their race.

I was turned down for a job because they wanted to put a black man in that position, when it was determined that I qualified for the job and he didn't, they closed the position and didn't put anyone in it.

I was turned down for another position in favor of a black woman. When I had my son, I quit, government employ. I was replaced by a black woman who was so bad, they took 75% of the job away from her, all that was added to the job when I had it and then some. She was paid the same as me. Sorry, I don't buy your cry of racism. In truth, it's the whites that are being persecuted in today's society simply because of the color of their skin.

Oh, and just so you know, I have a young homeless black man staying with us now. I have my youngest son in an Adult Family Home run by a black family from Kenya. You don't hear them crying "racism" at every turn.

My niece, an average student, her father being black, got a 5 year scholarship.. a FULL ride to Tuskegee university...They even bought her a computer.
What was her scholarship for? You're only telling half the story

My nephew, valedictorian of his class and all white, went to MIT and it cost him more than $40,000 a year and that's WITH a scholarship.

Sorry, I don't buy your lies. Today, blacks have an advantage based simply on their race.

Lies, if that was the case there would more blacks than whites in positions of authority in the top companies, the fact remains that white males are still in control, not blacks and minorities. Perhaps posting raw data to support this assumption.

I was turned down for a job because they wanted to put a black man in that position, when it was determined that I qualified for the job and he didn't, they closed the position and didn't put anyone in it.

I was turned down for another position in favor of a black woman. When I had my son, I quit, government employ. I was replaced by a black woman who was so bad, they took 75% of the job away from her, all that was added to the job when I had it and then some. She was paid the same as me. Sorry, I don't buy your cry of racism. In truth, it's the whites that are being persecuted in today's society simply because of the color of their skin.

Are you saying that if the hired a white woman instead of a black woman that this would have never happened? The fact that the woman hired ahead of you was did a poor job has nothing to do with her being black, but you seem to be implying that. Was she qualified for the job? not everyone that qualifies for a job will always do the job good and or better than others. Was she hired because of affirmative action? can you verify this? There is even data that show that white excons get hired over blacks with no convictions
and excellent qualifications

Lies, if that was the case there would more blacks than whites in positions of authority in the top companies, the fact remains that white males are still in control, not blacks and minorities. Perhaps posting raw data to support this assumption.

Are you saying that if the hired a white woman instead of a black woman that this would have never happened? The fact that the woman hired ahead of you was did a poor job has nothing to do with her being black, but you seem to be implying that. Was she qualified for the job? not everyone that qualifies for a job will always do the job good and or better than others. Was she hired because of affirmative action? can you verify this? There is even data that show that white excons get hired over blacks with no convictions

I am saying that had she been white, they would have FIRED her lazy incompetent ass. Because she was black, they were afraid of a lawsuit for racism.

Africans were able to own land, a business, and vote in America long before Asians could.

How are Asians doing today?

SnoringSmiley.gif

I am saying that had she been white, they would have FIRED her lazy incompetent ass. Because she was black, they were afraid of a lawsuit for racism.

Again, how do you know this? Many of incompetent blacks have been fired without filing lawsuits, all one has to do back up the firing with proper counseling and proof.

Again, how do you know this? Many of incompetent blacks have been fired without filing lawsuits, all one has to do back up the firing with proper counseling and proof.

:eusa_eh: Really ... then why is it that most of the clean up I have to do is from incompetent black folk but very little of it from white folk?

[/B]

:eusa_eh: Really ... then why is it that most of the clean up I have to do is from incompetent black folk but very little of it from white folk?

Yeah sure, tell the Bass anything, :rolleyes:

Tell you what, since us white folk are suppose to have so much more, give me all your land an money, since well, I'm probably poorer than you and have been most of my life.

Tell you what, since us white folk are suppose to have so much more, give me all your land an money, since well, I'm probably poorer than you and have been most of my life.

And in apartheid South Africa there were poor whites too, some maybe even poorer than some blacks in South Africa, does that take away from the fact that whites under apartheid created and benefitted from a system of racism and racial preferences to achieve the status they have in South Africa today? The same thing applies to Americas whites.

And in apartheid South Africa there were poor whites too, some maybe even poorer than some blacks in South Africa, does that take away from the fact that whites under apartheid created and benefitted from a system of racism and racial preferences to achieve the status they have in South Africa today? The same thing applies to Americas whites.

Well ... you keep asking that blacks are "repaid" here, give me all your stuff so I can.

Because that's what they were told...that they couldn't fire her because they didn't want a lawsuit. It came down from on high in the DOD.

[/B]

Because that's what they were told...that they couldn't fire her because they didn't want a lawsuit. It came down from on high in the DOD.

Thats BS and those people are not doing their jobs. The Bass has worked for the DoD and after 3 years a person becomes permanent and can't be fired except that they do something really bad, but if deficiencies are noted after a period of time they can be terminated. The woman isn't playing the race card and this has nothing to do with affirmative action, so whats your point?

Forum List

Back