Which sports do you guys follow? How many sports from the top 10 sports list do you watch

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
Top ten list of most popular sports in the world + estimated number of fans
Soccer tops the list with 3.5 billion fans. But since this forum is mostly Americans, I'm guessing NFL or Baseball?

My favourite sports are MMA and boxing Neither are in the top 10 list of most popular sports. Whats yours? Is it on the list?
world-map-countries-most-popular-sports-editable-powerpoint-slide.jpg

• Banned
FOOTBALL
baseball
basketball
Which football? American football? Soccer Football?

Oh Please....there is only one FOOTBALL

Soccer is right up there with bowling and table tennis
True, in America there is one football.
Only Europeans and the rest of the world call soccer football

and whats wrong with bowling! its a great sport

Bowling is great if you have a beer in one hand

I have tried to watch soccer, I really have

Every four years when the World Cup comes around, I see the commercials on ESPN and the highlights of fantastic goals and unbelievable saves from the goalie. I say to myself.....Most of the world LOVES this sport, I need to give it a chance

Then I watch it and am bored to death. Two hours of I kick the ball, then you kick the ball and nothing become of it. Soccer is like chess. Not that it takes a lot of strategy but because teams play not to lose rather than to win. Almost every possession results in nothing. After two hours of a game where nobody can score, it results in being decided by penalty kicks where nobody can fail to score

I'll pass next time

FOOTBALL
baseball
basketball

FOOTBALL
baseball
basketball

FOOTBALL
baseball
basketball

Synchronized swimming is the most boring sport if you can call it a sport. Soccer is not one of favorites and neither is auto racing.

I rate American football as the top game overall and is gaining in popularity in places like England, 87K at a recent football game. (I only call it American Football) because the rest of the world can't tell the difference between football and soccer.

I have tried to watch soccer, I really have

Every four years when the World Cup comes around, I see the commercials on ESPN and the highlights of fantastic goals and unbelievable saves from the goalie. I say to myself.....Most of the world LOVES this sport, I need to give it a chance

Then I watch it and am bored to death. Two hours of I kick the ball, then you kick the ball and nothing become of it. Soccer is like chess. Not that it takes a lot of strategy but because teams play not to lose rather than to win. Almost every possession results in nothing. After two hours of a game where nobody can score, it results in being decided by penalty kicks where nobody can fail to score

I'll pass next time
Fair enough. We all have our own tastes and preferences

Soccer tops the list with 3.5 billion fans. But since this forum is mostly Americans, I'm guessing NFL or Baseball?

My favourite sports are MMA and boxing Neither are in the top 10 list of most popular sports. Whats yours? Is it on the list?
yep you guessed it. NFL football is the most talked about here in this section.for some reason very few people have an interest in baseball which you are correct on is the second most popular here.

yep you guessed it. NFL football is the most talked about here in this section.for some reason very few people have an interest in baseball which you are correct on is the second most popular here.
yeah NFL is the most popular sport in america i think

When I grew up in the 60s...Baseball was king, boxing was second and NFL was third

Now, the NFL is undisputed king and nobody cares about boxing. Baseball is mostly followed by old farts

When I grew up in the 60s...Baseball was king, boxing was second and NFL was third

Now, the NFL is undisputed king and nobody cares about boxing. Baseball is mostly followed by old farts
Yeah, after Floyd Mayweather retired no one really watches boxing anymore

Yeah, after Floyd Mayweather retired no one really watches boxing anymore

Boxing is coming back, you wait and see. MMA is played out as a spectator sport.

Forum List

Back