Which side would you be on in the Civil War ?

The Cavaliers... cooler uniforms and more drinking.

2CivilWar-Cavalier.jpg

Last edited:
The South instituted a draft in 1862, requiring three years of service for those selected between the ages of 18 and 35; later, as the war prospects dimmed, the pool was enlarged by taking in ages 17 to 50. A large number of exemptions were allowed and there were provisions for substitutions.
snip
The Militia Act of 1862 gave the President authority to draft 300,000 militiamen for up to nine months. It was to be a state run affair, with each county to be involved in the selection. However, the threat of conscription was for the time being enough to keep enlistments at an adequate level.

The Draft Act of 1863 was the first instance of compulsory service in the federal military services. All male citizens, as well as aliens who had declared their intention of becoming citizens, between 20 and 45 were at risk of being drafted. No married man could be drafted until all the unmarried had been taken.
https://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h249.html

Not much a choice, being a female I would of had no choice.

A time machine could take you back to that troubled time. Which side would you join and why ?

Imagine being such a fart-smelling Welshman that you think asking Americans what side of the Civil War they would be on is somehow intelligent or insightful.

I personally cannot imagine. But then, I'm not from a nation that uses ten bazillion letters for the word "milk" or some such

A time machine could take you back to that troubled time. Which side would you join and why ?

Imagine being such a fart-smelling Welshman that you think asking Americans what side of the Civil War they would be on is somehow intelligent or insightful.

I personally cannot imagine. But then, I'm not from a nation that uses ten bazillion letters for the word "milk" or some such

Many Americans are not particularly knowledgeable about the English Civil War.

Perhaps he sought to educate us.

One useful thing to know. When the English Civil War ended, they still had slavery.

A time machine could take you back to the Viking invasion would you choose the Vikings or the Welshman?

Hmmmm

Many Americans are not particularly knowledgeable about the English Civil War.

Perhaps he sought to educate us.

One useful thing to know. When the English Civil War ended, they still had slavery.

That is wrong, actually.

"Everyone knows" that America invented slavery. Also, colonization.

I heard something like "the sun never sets on the British Empire" but I was having a feverish American dream. Evil things

I would have moved to Mexico then waited it out for 150 years then just come back as an undocumented black alien claiming my right to free housing, education, food, soap, welfare, healthcare, toothbrushes and reparations.

If you were in a country Tommy being invaded by England, what side would you be on and why? Do you know that Britain has invaded 9 out of every 10 countries in the world? And today is master of none of them. Not even master of its own:

BRITAIN_2388153b.jpg

In fact, unless you are on this short list of worthless countries, you've been invaded by Great Britain.

Andorra
Belarus
Bolivia
Burundi
Central African Republic
Chad
Congo, Republic of
Guatemala
Ivory Coast
Kyrgyzstan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg